The Diary of Tezuka Rin...or Rin Tezuka [One-shot]

WORDS WORDS WORDS

dewelar

The Diary of Tezuka Rin...or Rin Tezuka [One-shot]

Post by dewelar »

Yep, decided to take on this challenge, just to see whether I could do it. Not sure where I'm going yet, but thought it would at least be worth something to share the Single Step with you all. The entry numbers are there for the reader's benefit only :) .

ETA: Decided this was going to be a one-shot. Might come back to revisit the concept one day, but for now, I'm writing this off as a semi-successful experiment, and moving on to another project.

=== ENTRY 1 ===

Hello.

Hmmm. Yes, that's a good start, I think.

=== ENTRY 2 ===

Hello.

I'm Tezuka Rin. Or at least, that's who I'm going to tell you I am. And that's who I actually am, at least right now. Also, if I forget that at some point, there is now something to remind me of that.

=== ENTRY 3 ===

Hello.

I'm Tezuka Rin. In case you've forgotten since the last time. I haven't. I don't Think I have. Not yet. I do Forget things.

For instance, I think I've forgotten what I wanted to remember to write today. Interesting. I guess I should write something else, then. After all, things of this sort...diaries...are supposed to be about that, aren't they?

Yes.

So. I suppose I should explain. About this thing.

But not just now. There are More Important Things right now.

=== ENTRY 4 ===

Hello.

I'm Tezuka Rin. Since I don't know who exactly is reading, I feel I should make sure that that's stated up front. So I did. Make sure.

Should I write just the things that I'm thinking now, or try and think the things that I've thought before, and write down that I thought them? I might eventually think them again. At least I think I might. Then again, I can really only think of four things at a time, and I used to be better than that, so I may never be able to catch up with All the Past Mes that Thought those Thoughts. And since, as far as I can remember, the Mes that Thought those Thoughts are also the Me that Is Now, but also Different Mes, it's likely that they won't think all of those things.

I wonder, though. It's possible that some of those Past Mes weren't Tezuka Rin. But then, if that's true, that means that some of the things I think are things that someone else thought. Or maybe just some of the things I thought, and the things that I think can't be those things, because those things are someone else's things.

No, actually, I'm sure all of the Past Mes were Me. Fairly sure. And if they weren't, then I don't need to write their thoughts down, too. This is my diary. That's why it's called The Diary of Rin Tezuka.

Tezuka Rin.

Rin Tezuka is Tezuka Rin.

Which one sounds better?

Will think about it.

=== ENTRY 5 ===

Hello.

I'm Rin Tezuka.

Does that confuse you? I'm pretty sure it's clear, but not everyone who reads this will think so. Even if it's only the Mes of Tomorrow that read it, because those Mes might forget things, too. But then, those Mes might also be mind-readers. Can you read the mind of your own Past Mes?

Will have to find out.

This also brings up the question of whether I'm changing who the Mes of Tomorrow will be by trying to get them to remember Me, because Me will be just another Past Me. And also whether doing that is a good thing.

It probably is.

Well, I'd better do this, then.

Hello.

I'm Tezuka Rin.

There, I think that covers it.

=== ENTRY 6 ===

Hello, I'm Tezuka Rin.

Yes, I think I'm fairly sure it can all be written on one line like that. Now that I'm seeing it, that is. After all, it's not just about the words. I mean, it's mostly about the words, because that's what this is about. The words. Sometimes I have problems with those. I think that's another reason I'm doing this, to help that problem.

Right, I've started, so I think it might be time to explain.

Yes.

Life is like a Line. Not the kind of line that you stand in at a store. Although sometimes it's like that, too. Well, that's a different meaning of Life. Not a different Meaning of Life, though. I don't know whether or not there is a different one of those. There might be. Actually, I know there is, but that's not what I'm supposed to be writing about.

On the other hand, Hisao said he wasn't sure if I should write everything that comes into my mind, or just what I thought was important. Then, I told him that there's no way to be sure which things were important, so there might not be a difference. I think he actually understood, but perhaps not. I know I'm not a mind-reader. He's told me he's not one either, but I should keep asking him. You never know when he will be one, or if he's just denying it because he's not allowed to tell people.

After all, Life is like a Line. I know I said that, because it's right there on this same page, but it means something different to Hisao than it does to Me.
Last edited by dewelar on Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rin is orthogonal to everything.
Stuff I've written: Developments, a continuation of Lilly's (bad? neutral?) ending - COMPLETE!
BlackWaltzTheThird

Re: The Diary of Tezuka Rin...or Rin Tezuka [Early edition?]

Post by BlackWaltzTheThird »

Well you've certainly got the Rin-icisms down pat. I can certainly imagine her saying these things out loud (and knowing her, she probably would say them as she wrote them). I'm not sure if this is supposed to be a oneshot or is the first of many parts, and I'm not really sure if there's a clear direction in which it is (or will be) heading. Maybe that's the point? Anyway, it's interesting enough to have been worth reading. Just a note; keep an eye on the captial letters. There's a lot of them, and a fair chunk are in places they aren't supposed to be. Remember: proper nouns and the beginnings of sentences.
BlackWaltz's One-stop Oneshot Shop - my fanfiction portal topic. Contains links to all my previous works, plus starting now any new ones I may produce (or reproduce)! Please, check it out!

BlackWaltz's Pastebin - for those who prefer to read things with no formatting and stuff. It's mostly the same as in my thread. Also contains assorted other writing!
dewelar

Post by dewelar »

BlackWaltzTheThird wrote:Well you've certainly got the Rin-icisms down pat. I can certainly imagine her saying these things out loud (and knowing her, she probably would say them as she wrote them). I'm not sure if this is supposed to be a oneshot or is the first of many parts, and I'm not really sure if there's a clear direction in which it is (or will be) heading. Maybe that's the point?
Sort of. This was really an experiment, just to see if I could pull it off. As to whether what I eventually do will be a continuation of this, that remains to be seen.
Anyway, it's interesting enough to have been worth reading.
Thanks!
Just a note; keep an eye on the captial letters. There's a lot of them, and a fair chunk are in places they aren't supposed to be. Remember: proper nouns and the beginnings of sentences.
*nods* Actually, the odd capitalizations are also intentional. They...mean things. :)
Rin is orthogonal to everything.
Stuff I've written: Developments, a continuation of Lilly's (bad? neutral?) ending - COMPLETE!
ThatOneGuy

Post by ThatOneGuy »

This is pretty cool. I would love to see more! :D
Etokie

Post by Etokie »

Yeah, like BlackWaltz sqid you got the Rin down. I personally thin you should go with one of the Rin Tezuka ones, the others sound so formal. And that is one thing Rin isn't. Nice read though :D
I love everyone. Ignore me
nemz

Post by nemz »

Decent enough start, but you'll have to actually develop some sort of plot to keep me interested.
Rin > Shizune > Emi > Hanako > Lilly