How'd you find yourself here?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

CFC Kyle
Location: Why do you wanna know? YOU GONNA STALK ME, PUNK?! Okay, I'm in Britain.

Re: How'd you find yourself here?

Post by CFC Kyle »

Firewind wrote:
Dyspraxia wrote:How I find myself here?
To tell the truth , when i finish playing each route in "Katawa Shoujo" ,
My feel like ,"Oh my my, such as Best VN it was. I wish to play more" :D
I search at VNDB for information and then find out the website they . :lol:
Apparently i end up here , Is to have forum to share opinion :) <ps:"peace sign">
Hello and welcome, "new blood" (I heard that that's how people call us, new guys, around here :mrgreen: )
Welcome to you both, fellow new-bloods :D hope you enjoy the forums ^^
I just love these quotes. Got a problem with that?!
Xanatos wrote:Everyone should be portrayed by Nicolas Cage.
ZXNova wrote:Comforting Misha will lead you to piercing the heavens.
Avalon®

Post by Avalon® »

I found my way over here via the Fanfic Recommendations page on TvTropes. I found my way over there (after finishing Shizune's route and getting the "good" end and mentally breaking down due to how it resonated with certain parts of my past) and trying to find some stuff to alleviate the depression I got from playing the game.
CFC Kyle
Location: Why do you wanna know? YOU GONNA STALK ME, PUNK?! Okay, I'm in Britain.

Post by CFC Kyle »

Avalon® wrote:I found my way over here via the Fanfic Recommendations page on TvTropes. I found my way over there (after finishing Shizune's route and getting the "good" end and mentally breaking down due to how it resonated with certain parts of my past) and trying to find some stuff to alleviate the depression I got from playing the game.
If you cried at Shizune's route you should play through Hanako, it's much more uplifting :D
Avalon®

Post by Avalon® »

CFC Kyle wrote:If you cried at Shizune's route you should play through Hanako, it's much more uplifting :D
Already finished Lilly and Hanako, I'm on Rin's path now and I'm saving Emi's for last since I hear the Rin's is a bit darker than the rest.

Also, Hanako is just adorable. :D

edit: Shizune's route as put me in quite the bender this past week and I still have some very dark thoughts as of now but playing both Lilly's and Hanako's routes has helped me somewhat.
CFC Kyle

Post by CFC Kyle »

Avalon® wrote:
CFC Kyle wrote:If you cried at Shizune's route you should play through Hanako, it's much more uplifting :D
Already finished Lilly and Hanako, I'm on Rin's path now and I'm saving Emi's for last since I hear the Rin's is a bit darker than the rest.

Also, Hanako is just adorable. :D

edit: Shizune's route as put me in quite the bender this past week and I still have some very dark thoughts as of now but playing both Lilly's and Hanako's routes has helped me somewhat.
I wasn't a huge fan of Shizune's, mainly cos she didn't seem to give a fuck about you being separated for god knows how long, even in the 'good' ending. I'd have called it neutral at best.
Avalon®

Post by Avalon® »

Yeah. Shizune's endings really feel lacking but the rest of her route has led me on quite an emotional roller coaster.
wazuzu

Post by wazuzu »

Shizune's got bad feels, both in terms of emotions given and in terms of overall route mood.
I find her route to be sort of short (lol more like long, one of the longest routes) break between feels.
Lemmy7003

Post by Lemmy7003 »

If referring to the game, through the (now likely flooded reason) youtube channel Milbeeful.

If the forums, I only realized there was a forum when I was linked to the Sisterhood fanficion.
Endofone

Post by Endofone »

If pertaining to the game. (Which of course it wasn't since this thread was made in 2007 but, none the less.) I found this through some guy on youtube named Milbee. I happened to run out of videos to watch for the course of my day and decided to watch his Katawa Shoujo videos, knowing they had to be some kind of Japanese thingy and it sounded interesting. The story it self got pretty good so before i got any further in watching his videos i went and DL this game. One of the best decisions in ma life. XD I've never actually have had any feelings for games i played until i played this one. I was so hyped up about it that i played it almost non stop, only eating and sleeping. Within like 3-4 days i got all the endings but, i didn't have 100 percent yet so i went searching for a walkthrough on this game and it brought me here to these forums. Woot new blood here XD. It's been quite a journey for me to get here. I'm planing on redoing my favorite routes in a week or so, so that i can have a fresher feel to the game again.
Haitaka

Post by Haitaka »

I found my way to Katawa Shoujo from a motivational poster that got me wondering where those girls and the odd bespectacled boy were from-and so I did my research using one of the names mentioned and TADAH!
As for this forum, I was just really curious if such a thing existed. And yup, I have not been disappointed!! ^^
Dyspraxia

Post by Dyspraxia »

CFC Kyle wrote:
Firewind wrote:
Dyspraxia wrote:How I find myself here?
To tell the truth , when i finish playing each route in "Katawa Shoujo" ,
My feel like ,"Oh my my, such as Best VN it was. I wish to play more" :D
I search at VNDB for information and then find out the website they . :lol:
Apparently i end up here , Is to have forum to share opinion :) <ps:"peace sign">
Hello and welcome, "new blood" (I heard that that's how people call us, new guys, around here :mrgreen: )
Welcome to you both, fellow new-bloods :D hope you enjoy the forums ^^
Thanks CFC Kyle and Firewind :D
Aspen

Post by Aspen »

I had never even heard of VNs before, and suddenly a large number of my friends had recommended KS, I shrugged it off for a while and then I finally gave it a try one night, and didn't sleep until next afternoon playing it.
I found a lot of similarities between myself and some of the characters, so that enhanced the experience.
Forum-wise I was kind of lurking around for places to talk about KS, and came across this, and the IRC!
Nice to meet all of you.
<!Delta_Kurshiva> man this surely will get better with a big helping of TRUE LOVE
wazuzu

Post by wazuzu »

Aspen wrote:...suddenly a large number of my friends had recommended KS...
Nice friends you got there.
We discussed this many times, and it seems that it's very hard to hook someone on Katawa Shoujo. It's great that you have friends to discuss KS with.
Firewind

Post by Firewind »

Aspen wrote:I had never even heard of VNs before, and suddenly a large number of my friends had recommended KS, I shrugged it off for a while and then I finally gave it a try one night, and didn't sleep until next afternoon playing it.
I found a lot of similarities between myself and some of the characters, so that enhanced the experience.
Forum-wise I was kind of lurking around for places to talk about KS, and came across this, and the IRC!
Nice to meet all of you.
Welcome here Image you must have really great friends for recommending you such great stuff, man. :wink:
Everyone hides who they are at least some of their time. Sometimes you bury that part of yourself so deeply that you have to be reminded it's there at all. And sometimes you just want to forget who you are all together.
EyesOfLilly

Post by EyesOfLilly »

Aspen wrote:I had never even heard of VNs before, and suddenly a large number of my friends had recommended KS, I shrugged it off for a while and then I finally gave it a try one night, and didn't sleep until next afternoon playing it.
Nice to meet all of you.
I'm glad you found us :) I hope you enjoy your stay here haha just don't do what I did and forget this site existed for a year ¬_¬ 8)
Fave Girls: Lilly >Emi > Hanako > Shizune > Rin
Fave Misc. Characters: Akira>Miki>Yuuko>Misha>Nurse>Kenji>Nomiya>Hideaki>Jigoro
Fave Paths: Lilly > Emi > Hanako > Rin > Shizune