Emi inspired running/workout

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

notme

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by notme »

Did 5km today in 40min, damn its bad, had to switch to walking 3 times, because of side pain. Last run (2 months ago) was 6,71km in 37min ><
Anyways, getting started again with running 3 times a week. Another 3 days are bodyweight training + everyday stretching, sundays off :>
Thanks to katawa shoujo, from 88kg lazy, never exercising guy to (dunno maybe 74kg guy? well 82kg now, but its mostly muscles :> lets say "sport enthusiast" in a year. Good luck everyone!
wazuzu

Post by wazuzu »

Nicely done there, notme. Sadly, you're not me :>

I want to ask everyone what's the name of the at 10:00 mark in W4 1st remix?
As I can hear @ 1100, it's definitely something of Frank Sinatra, but endless googling revealed nothing alike.
And I coudn't even hear the text, because all I hear is "Long now spark till I stumble", which makes no sense and returns nothing from googling it.
Nightfish

Post by Nightfish »

Keeping up my regimen as well. So far I'm managing to maintain the 7km every other day. Not always easy, RL is somewhat busy. At certain days all I manage is work, eat, run, sleep. Might need new shoes, too. Knees acting up a bit, which is definetly not normal. But I guess the pain is just weakness leaving my body. Right? Right. Anyway, overall running is doing me a world of good, as it always has. It's kinda funny how while you're slacking you don't notice how much you miss being in shape.
Caden Tiksaril

Post by Caden Tiksaril »

I think I've hit another turning point in my training. I'm now able to do 2-mile runs consistently, and my breathing skills are keeping up with the greater distances just fine. Things are looking good so far for another attempt at 4K this weekend.
- My Youtube, used mostly for my Touhou achievements.
- My Skype name is funen1.
Gamera Ramen

Post by Gamera Ramen »

Started week 4 today. Unfortunately, today I lost the battle of wanting to finish my run vs wanting to not feel like crap. Even after 6 minutes of rest, I wasn't able to make the final 5-min stretch. Disappointing.
Hellcat wrote:Hanako as a guest appearance for Marvel Vs Capcom 4, make it happen.
TheHivemind wrote:(the amount of time I spent reading really shitty fanfiction as a direct result of needing more ways to describe sticking a dick in a butt is, at this point, incalculable).
wazuzu

Post by wazuzu »

Gamera Ramen wrote:Started week 4 today. Unfortunately, today I lost the battle of wanting to finish my run vs wanting to not feel like crap. Even after 6 minutes of rest, I wasn't able to make the final 5-min stretch. Disappointing.
Gamera Ramen: Repeating a week is very useful. Not that I am saying you shoudn't force yourself you totally should, but if it doesn't help, then repeat a week.
I usually do a failed week to the end with all my strength, then repeat that until I will feel myself ready to go on.

I skipped my first run of the week due to weather. It's my second skipped run (first one was at the end of fifth week), and I already feel myself bad. I kinda got used to running.

---

Since I don't feel like double-posting, I'll edit this post. Today I decided to run a bit more than I usually do. I went 10/5/10/5/10 and was barely able to hold on until the end because my shoelaces untied somewhere at last 4 minutes.
After I walked two cool-down laps, I decided to do pull-ups. It's very hard for me to do pull-ups, since I am quite heavy (about 90 kg) and my arms are much weaker than my legs. And after every pullup my heart felt like ripping through my chest. Nevertheless I did 2 x 2 pullups (or should I say chin-ups?), and walked home satisfied. My monday was avenged.
HurricaneHarvey

Post by HurricaneHarvey »

wazuzu wrote:Nicely done there, notme. Sadly, you're not me :>

I want to ask everyone what's the name of the at 10:00 mark in W4 1st remix?
As I can hear @ 1100, it's definitely something of Frank Sinatra, but endless googling revealed nothing alike.
And I coudn't even hear the text, because all I hear is "Long now spark till I stumble", which makes no sense and returns nothing from googling it.
It is Counting Stars by Nujabes which was featured in the Samurai Champloo OST

The original sound sample comes from this song here
Sorry for my grammar and spelling. I am not very good at those...
wazuzu

Post by wazuzu »

HurricaneHarvey wrote:It is Counting Stars by Nujabes which was featured in the Samurai Champloo OST

The original sound sample comes from this song here
Thank you, Harvey, you cleared up that question for me. But I still don't know about vocal samples used in that song. Well, time to load up on Frank Sinatra.
Gamera Ramen

Post by Gamera Ramen »

Took another shot at the same run today. Decreased the first 5-min stretch to a 4-min one, but otherwise passed with flying colors. I find it hard to believe that a 1-minute difference could have such an impact!
Hellcat wrote:Hanako as a guest appearance for Marvel Vs Capcom 4, make it happen.
TheHivemind wrote:(the amount of time I spent reading really shitty fanfiction as a direct result of needing more ways to describe sticking a dick in a butt is, at this point, incalculable).
Nightfish

Post by Nightfish »

Gamera Ramen wrote:Took another shot at the same run today. Decreased the first 5-min stretch to a 4-min one, but otherwise passed with flying colors. I find it hard to believe that a 1-minute difference could have such an impact!
Odds are it does not. Sometimes you'll hit a bad day or a good day. Sometimes you might not have warmed up properly. Often I find that if I keep going when the going gets tough (i.e. I can feel the weakness leaving my body in the form of pain) after another k I feel fine and can actually keep going quite well. Sometimes I'll feel better after the run than before, too. Starting with leaden legs but if I push myself to not wuss out, I end up feeling like I could keep going for more than was initially planned. Weather has an impact as well, I personally do my best running in the rain, probably because of the extra coolant provided for free. Likewise, if it's sunny and hot I could sometimes get nowhere near my usual distance before literally passing out. :3
notme

Post by notme »

Well after a long pause my 1st and 2nd run was terrible. I had to stop a few times, because side pain and my asthma were acting badly I did 5k in almost 40min or so.. But today was great I finished the 5.25 km in 33min and it was directly under the sun, maybe 30°C. I prepared playlist and found some nice breathing guidance online (breathe in and out on every step, Sth like in-in-out-out-in-in-out-out..) looking forward to next run :}
About stretching, well I don't really stretch before run, only few lunges and few burpees its enough for me, but I do static stretching daily. If anyone interested http://phraktured.net/starting-stretching.html it takes about 25min and it passes fast, because of listening to podcasts. After few weeks doing it. It feels good, my high kicks, hamstrings, pike got really improved. Don't give up, and eat pasta! It's a great complex carb for energy.
Merloficus

Post by Merloficus »

Am praying for some rain here. Been running the last 2 weeks in nothing but a clear sunny sky, at 28°C+...
Do 10 km's each time i run with 1 day of pause (yea i know Emi, i'm a slacker :lol: ) and i just hit the >60 min mark! :D

But it would be a heck of a lot easier if it started raining a bit... the breathing aspect that is.
Wish i could order some rain on e-bay :lol:

Good luck to everyone and have fun!

Merlo
Gamera Ramen

Post by Gamera Ramen »

Finally managed to complete that day without cutting any corners! Felt pretty accomplished :)
Merloficus wrote: and i just hit the >60 min mark! :D
As in, you're running for over an hour straight? Or am I misunderstanding you?
wazuzu

Post by wazuzu »

Good job both of you. Nice to hear (read?) that.
I myself ran another day with 10/5/10/5/10 schedule. I think I won't hold on to program any longer (not that I did earlier). I will manage my running time myself. Like my next level-up gonna be 15/5/15, then adding another /5/15, and then switching to 20/5/20, adding another /5/20, switching to 30/5/30, etc. I'll see.
Caden Tiksaril

Post by Caden Tiksaril »

Finally, 4Ks down. It helps that I'm able to get my body into a good rhythm within the first mile or so, as it keeps my mind better prepared for those greater distances. I think my body is also in better shape this time than when I first managed 4Ks over a year ago. My breathing is definitely not an issue right now, and my legs don't feel completely like jelly either. Not that they aren't hurting at all, but you get the idea. :V
- My Youtube, used mostly for my Touhou achievements.
- My Skype name is funen1.