How is KS similar to your life?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

dewelar

Re: How is KS similar to your life?

Post by dewelar »

EyesOfLilly wrote:
wazuzu wrote:
EyesOfLilly wrote:Awww :/ here's a free Kenji "manly picnic" card
It's a common. I do not want that. Give me rare card!
Nobody wants the Kenji card haha
Because we all already have like 15 of them!
Rin is orthogonal to everything.
Stuff I've written: Developments, a continuation of Lilly's (bad? neutral?) ending - COMPLETE!
wazuzu

Post by wazuzu »

EyesOfLilly wrote:Nobody wants the Kenji card haha
You really should have scolded me Lilly-style for my greediness.

Also I've been noticing more and more that I am starting to behave like Rin. My thoughts intertwine, I think on three languages simultaneously and when I try to express anything harder than a textbook phrase, I fail. I do not feel myself stupid, but it messes more and more with my life. It all began before I ever read KS, so I am not making this up and I am not acting, because that would be some bad acting right here. That may partly come off my bad grammar, but it's not always like that. And it even appears in the internet, despite me having some time to re-read my phrase and correct it before sending it.
Or maybe I am sometimes biting much more than I can chew, making difficult phrases with my poor language skills.
I'll go to sleep now and contemplate about this a bit.
Loonie

Post by Loonie »

Verdogoth wrote:Anyways, sorry for my rambling. Is there anybody who feels like their life is somewhat similar to KS?
Apart from a few themes in my favourite path (that were such purely by accident), I honestly can't say that. Never been to a disabled school, the closest thing I did was perform at one with my horn, but that was for the kids in their 7-10 ages, not teenage disabled ones.

But I can say that, even though I have no disabilities whatsoever, I have felt very much as what you describe in your post for something like 3 years of my former teenage life. My advice? If you won't be open to anyone IRL, at least be open to people on the internet that interest you (or that you find yourself at least mildly curious about). Consider their viewpoints. Think about what they say and how they feel about things (you can apply this safely to people IRL too) and don't disregard it as unimportant.

And who knows. The same thing might eventually happen to you that did to me and allowed me to let people in IRL just fine and which is also heavily themed in KS - namely that, disability or no, people are not that different from each other at their base desires and needs. But there are no magic words that can cause this to happen - you have to realize it for yourself. That is...if you even want to.

And I hope you do. Because it's a cold world if you don't and I should know.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

I went to school once.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
LorSquirrel

Post by LorSquirrel »

Well it's similar to my life in that the main character is somewhat anti-social, and not terrible good at talking with people...
Koi

Post by Koi »

I never find out what's in the boxes I carry.
Lexäeus

Post by Lexäeus »

I guess it doesn't really count as a disability. Or does it? Anyway, I'm color blind and socially awkward and horrible at expressing how I feel because I don't know how. If you can count this as a disability, then that's how my life is similar.
wazuzu

Post by wazuzu »

Lexäeus wrote:I guess it doesn't really count as a disability. Or does it? Anyway, I'm color blind and socially awkward and horrible at expressing how I feel because I don't know how. If you can count this as a disability, then that's how my life is similar.
It is a disability just as much as you feel like it.
CFC Kyle
Location: Why do you wanna know? YOU GONNA STALK ME, PUNK?! Okay, I'm in Britain.

Post by CFC Kyle »

I'm alive. That's something right :D?
I just love these quotes. Got a problem with that?!
Xanatos wrote:Everyone should be portrayed by Nicolas Cage.
ZXNova wrote:Comforting Misha will lead you to piercing the heavens.
rockin robin

Post by rockin robin »

constant staring thanks to my scaring
I kenji's worst nightmare! A FEMINIST!!
have a tracheo-osoephagul puncture.
three years with simmr001 10/06/13
ThatWeirdOne

Post by ThatWeirdOne »

Xanatos wrote:I went to school once.
^

Can't think of anything else really. :lol:
Actually is playing the piano/learning/running/bored/chatting with some friends/hanging out with some friends/training/doing something else right now.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

wazuzu wrote:
Lexäeus wrote:I guess it doesn't really count as a disability. Or does it? Anyway, I'm color blind and socially awkward and horrible at expressing how I feel because I don't know how. If you can count this as a disability, then that's how my life is similar.
It is a disability just as much as you feel like it.
Or dependent on how dickish people are.

Also, Lexäeus don't join a bomb squad :lol: Also, it could be worse. You could be (un)dead and colourblind XD
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Liminaut

Post by Liminaut »

My first love happened in college, and

I
grew up with two alcoholic parents
had an older brother that beat me up on a daily basis

while she
grew up in a strict fundamentalist misogynistic family
was raped by her older brother

so yes, KS-levels of emotional trauma. KS is kind of on the tame side, really :)

My first experience of sexuality scrambled any semblance of common sense that I had. Every time in the story that Hisao is being a complete jerk I could look back and think of how I acted exactly like that in similar situations, and I absolutely related to his struggles to love honestly and without possessiveness.

I also had a lot in common with Shizune. In my family the emotional environment went from "Anger-Low SImmer" to "Anger-Full Boil'. This left me with a fairly limited tool set to manage personal relationships with. For Shizune, everything is some kind of challenge -- just like it was with her growing up. Shizune's limited tool set drove almost everyone in her life away. I worked really hard on the same thing.
I thought Shizune's bad ending was a much more realistic than her good ending. Change like she needed to go through doesn't come without a whole lot of sturm und drang.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Liminaut wrote:My first love happened in college, and

I
grew up with two alcoholic parents
had an older brother that beat me up on a daily basis

while she
grew up in a strict fundamentalist misogynistic family
was raped by her older brother

so yes, KS-levels of emotional trauma. KS is kind of on the tame side, really :)

My first experience of sexuality scrambled any semblance of common sense that I had. Every time in the story that Hisao is being a complete jerk I could look back and think of how I acted exactly like that in similar situations, and I absolutely related to his struggles to love honestly and without possessiveness.

I also had a lot in common with Shizune. In my family the emotional environment went from "Anger-Low SImmer" to "Anger-Full Boil'. This left me with a fairly limited tool set to manage personal relationships with. For Shizune, everything is some kind of challenge -- just like it was with her growing up. Shizune's limited tool set drove almost everyone in her life away. I worked really hard on the same thing.
I thought Shizune's bad ending was a much more realistic than her good ending. Change like she needed to go through doesn't come without a whole lot of sturm und drang.

1) Weird spacing at the start. What up with that? :lol:

2) KS is a series of stories involving very troubled and in some cases traumatized individuals. Describing such things as "on the tame side" is pretty fucking terrible. I'll take the :) to mean it was a joke though. :P

3) Shizune limited her own tools by being stubborn and standoffish manner. And the good end is as realistic an end as you can get: She knows she should change, she decides to try, the future is left uncertain. End. How much realer do you get than that? :lol:
Last edited by Xanatos on Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

For Shizune, the incentive for her to change her style isn't there. She knows that her "competitions" are rubbing people off the wrong way, but she thinks that she can't do anything about it. Thankfully, this changes at the good end.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."