How is KS similar to your life?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Verdogoth

How is KS similar to your life?

Post by Verdogoth »

Hello, i'm recently new here, if there is already a topic about this. I sincerely apologize.

But is there a part of your life you can't help but to notice that is similar to KS. For me, it is I am technically disabled. I feel a lot like the characters at times. If you don't want to read my life story, skip to the second last paragraph, it's the best part.

I have a nerve disorder and my hand shakes terribly and on top of that Aspergers. That might not seem like much but I can't even draw a straight line or hold my hand still. It always has to be moving. I am almost 20 years old and I have never driven a car, it's due to lack of interest really. I am socially awkward like Hanako is. I'mm worried what others think of me a lot, even though I don't show it. I want to act strong and mighty.

Around where I live, I am treated like i'm dumber than most, I do my best to prove them wrong. Where I sucked in art class, I felt weaker than everyone else because I couldn't draw any shapes(My kindergarden drawings tops my highschool ones, sadly) I film my own short films in my spare time. It's my way of showing my artistic side. I was taught at a young age that my Aspergers made me look different than others. And this is true. I always wore A winter coat, even in summer. I just liked the look of it on me and I loved the extra pockets.

Emotionally, I am loving yet cold. I don't try to make friends as I seem to only be betrayed by them. I only give people one chance as a freind, they hurt me, I isolate them from my life permanently, I have made a lot of hurtful decisions in my life and ran off what could have been great friends. I feel a lot like Emi in that stance. I do not believe in relationships as the ones I have seen personally ended horrible and made both parties more bitter and I do not wish to suffer that fate.

This is the part I was telling you about. I was offered to go to a college for disabled teens, Like Yamaku! They'd teach me to drive, help me make friends and treat me as equal. But sadly, I didn't take the offer. Mostly because I would be forced to have a roommate and I am extremely paranoid when others are around my belongings. I was worried about being bullied(Trust me, the disabled kids in my classroom picked on me and treated me like dirt.). And I don't want to belong. I am more of a lone wolf, so to say. Easier to live and not having to worry about other's emotions. I regret declining sometimes. I feel there is still hope in humanity but there are times where i'm glad I stayed here instead.

Anyways, sorry for my rambling. Is there anybody who feels like their life is somewhat similar to KS?
wazuzu

Re: How is KS similar to your life?

Post by wazuzu »

Well, I am male, Hisao is too.
Sedinus

Post by Sedinus »

I have a disabled female friend, and... aside from that, no similarities. I haven't had sex in high school, my first beer came when I was 18 (Still not a huge fan of alcoholic beverage, although I enjoy ciders quite a bit), never actually got drunk. In terms of relationships... Imagine your typical harem comedy, where the main protagonist is oblivious to girls hitting on him. By the time I realised that, it was too late.

Luckily, my waifus are always there for me.

;_;
EyesOfLilly

Post by EyesOfLilly »

Sedinus wrote:I haven't had sex in high school, my first beer came when I was 18 (Still not a huge fan of alcoholic beverage, although I enjoy ciders quite a bit). In terms of relationships... Imagine your typical harem comedy, where the main protagonist is oblivious to girls hitting on him. By the time I realised that, it was too late.
This is almost word for word what I'm like ;~; ugh....

As for the topic, last year I had a girl I liked that was moving away similar to Hisao and Lilly's predicament however she ended up not leaving and is now engaged and has a child... I'm now seen as the big brother type haha.
Fave Girls: Lilly >Emi > Hanako > Shizune > Rin
Fave Misc. Characters: Akira>Miki>Yuuko>Misha>Nurse>Kenji>Nomiya>Hideaki>Jigoro
Fave Paths: Lilly > Emi > Hanako > Rin > Shizune
Yellow 13

Post by Yellow 13 »

Nothing at all
When the war, has been won
And our march home begins
What awaits has not yet been revealed
What was won? what was lost?
Will our deeds be remembered?
Are they written on stone or in sand?

wazuzu

Post by wazuzu »

K, jokes aside, I really want to say that.
I lost my father at the age of 4 - slight resemblance to Emi.
I almost lost my right hand at the age of 11 - even slighter resemblance to Rin.
My girlfriend abandoned her studies and her entire life in other town to live with me on a permanent basis. We're married now. That'a not even the slightest resemblance to Lilly.
I have a problem in my chest - hi Hisao. Cardiologists I visited prescripted me some fucking BAAs instead of normal medications. Fucking extortionists. Yes, that means I am paranoid. Hi, Kenji.

K, who am I kidding, my life is nothing like Katawa Shoujo.
MegaMoto

Post by MegaMoto »

wazuzu wrote:K, jokes aside, I really want to say that.
I lost my father at the age of 4 - slight resemblance to Emi.
I almost lost my right hand at the age of 11 - even slighter resemblance to Rin.
My girlfriend abandoned her studies and her entire life in other town to live with me on a permanent basis. We're married now. That'a not even the slightest resemblance to Lilly.
I have a problem in my chest - hi Hisao. Cardiologists I visited prescripted me some fucking BAAs instead of normal medications. Fucking extortionists. Yes, that means I am paranoid. Hi, Kenji.

K, who am I kidding, my life is nothing like Katawa Shoujo.
Wouldn't missing one hand be more like Miki. Eh why am I nit picking this ? I've been reading to much Miki fanfiction. :lol:
wazuzu

Post by wazuzu »

Oh, right. It's Miki. I've been too much into classic girl pack - every main character plus Misha.
MegaMoto

Post by MegaMoto »

wazuzu wrote:Oh, right. It's Miki. I've been too much into classic girl pack - every main character plus Misha.
The classic pack is great but the extended character pack comes with a bonus Akira with a mafia skin.
EyesOfLilly

Post by EyesOfLilly »

MegaMoto wrote:
wazuzu wrote:Oh, right. It's Miki. I've been too much into classic girl pack - every main character plus Misha.
The classic pack is great but the extended character pack comes with a bonus Akira with a mafia skin.
haha and the bonus pre-order trap card Hideaki!!
wazuzu

Post by wazuzu »

My mom didn't gave me enough money for Extended edition.
:(
EyesOfLilly

Post by EyesOfLilly »

wazuzu wrote:My mom didn't gave me enough money for Extended edition.
:(
Awww :/ here's a free Kenji "manly picnic" card
wazuzu

Post by wazuzu »

EyesOfLilly wrote:Awww :/ here's a free Kenji "manly picnic" card
It's a common. I do not want that. Give me rare card!
dewelar

Post by dewelar »

Well, I've already mentioned that I'm legally blind (although I'm not quite as bad as Kenji seems to be), and that I dated a totally blind girl for a year of whom Lilly reminds me a lot -- tall, with light hair (more light brown than blonde, though), from a fairly well-off family, and with what everyone here seems to call a "healthy adolescent sex drive", although not all that into tea :) . I think the scenes that remind me most of that time of my life are the ones where Hisao and Lilly are in town, with her holding onto his sleeve or elbow for guidance. Good memories.

As I've also mentioned, I also identify heavily with Rin. Time for a little more detail, I suppose. At the end of high school and my first year of college, I spend a lot of time alone working on artistic pursuits (in my case it was poetry/lyric writing rather than painting). What probably saved me from going down the Dark Path that Rin travels in her arc was switching my main focus from music to theatre. It's a very different atmosphere, with a lot more support among your fellow artists. I don't do much of it any more, although I still do (very occasional) voice work for non-commercial stuff.
Rin is orthogonal to everything.
Stuff I've written: Developments, a continuation of Lilly's (bad? neutral?) ending - COMPLETE!
EyesOfLilly

Post by EyesOfLilly »

wazuzu wrote:
EyesOfLilly wrote:Awww :/ here's a free Kenji "manly picnic" card
It's a common. I do not want that. Give me rare card!
Nobody wants the Kenji card haha