The "feels" bazaar.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Xanatos

Re: The "feels" bazaar.

Post by Xanatos »

Seeker91 wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
Seeker91 wrote:Hello, joined the forums kinda late, I feel a bit bad about that....
Well, I can definitely say that when I finished the game some time ago, I had quite a heavy load of feels, I got a bit over them later on but they keep resurfacing from time to time for some reason, usually in periods when I feel down...
On the first chance I get i will replay the game to complete it again though. I also suggested it to a friend to give me his own opinion about it, and to share the feelings too.
When you feel down, just think back to all the good times, like Hanako yelling at you. :mrgreen:
Yeah, I should have brought more chocolate with me then... :? But seriously yeah, maybe I should really focus on the good times. To clarify, my feels where of the classic ''catharsis and melancholy'' type... Maybe I should look more into myself to find what it is that I am still needing...
Go for it. And good luck.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Seeker91

Post by Seeker91 »

[/quote]Go for it. And good luck.[/quote]

I will, thanks. :)
"The things that I want", by Hanako Ikezawa. A chocolate bar. A cup of tea. For the sun to shine. I want to sleep to forget. To change the past. My parents and skin back. Unlimited chess pieces and a license to skip turns. Right then, more than anything, I wanted him.
Mogalen

God damn it...

Post by Mogalen »

I'm 17 in a month, I'm just a "normal" kid in Sweden. I play in a funk band, and a technichal metal band. We're in the middle of recording a record, with every thing done except for the song and a bit of synth.
I had heard of this "game", or visual novel, from somewhere, don't really know where. That was like a year ago, and I finally I downloaded it 3 days ago. I haven't been able to pull myself from the screen. I've gone through the story with Emi (although I failed miserably. Made my heart break pretty much), Shizune (I really wasn't very interested in this one), Hanako (Oh god, the tears) and Lilly (I feel sad just thinking about this). I got the good endings with Shizune, Hanako and Lilly.

I've never in my life cried to anything this much. Jesus goddamn christ, I'm weeping like a 2 year old girl who just fell down the stairs. I really want to put the game down, just so I can stop feeling so goddamn emotional, but I just feel empty. I got so attached, to Hanako especially. It's even hard for me to pick another storyline, just because I feel so terribly bad when I "leave" Hanako. It's silly, I know, but I get so touched by her story, and especially when you get to know what had gone through her mind in the end of her story.
I don't really know what to say. I've just, never been so touched by anything. It's hard for me to keep "playing", because I get so emotional, and it's hard for me to put it away, because I feel kind of empty and sad.

As a teenager who records in a technichal metal band, this feels extremely weird. Especially posting it publicy, due to all the norms these days. God damn it.
Gredd18

Re: God damn it...

Post by Gredd18 »

Mogalen wrote:<Snip>
I Know what you mean. Hanako's route is... Amazing. I keep expecting to run into her somewhere, And I Don't. Breaks My Heart... </3
Hanako>The rest of them. 'Cause Hurt/Comfort is best thing. And I Love Hanako.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Mogalen wrote:I'm 17 in a month, I'm just a "normal" kid in Sweden. I play in a funk band, and a technichal metal band. We're in the middle of recording a record, with every thing done except for the song and a bit of synth.
I had heard of this "game", or visual novel, from somewhere, don't really know where. That was like a year ago, and I finally I downloaded it 3 days ago. I haven't been able to pull myself from the screen. I've gone through the story with Emi (although I failed miserably. Made my heart break pretty much), Shizune (I really wasn't very interested in this one), Hanako (Oh god, the tears) and Lilly (I feel sad just thinking about this). I got the good endings with Shizune, Hanako and Lilly.

I've never in my life cried to anything this much. Jesus goddamn christ, I'm weeping like a 2 year old girl who just fell down the stairs. I really want to put the game down, just so I can stop feeling so goddamn emotional, but I just feel empty. I got so attached, to Hanako especially. It's even hard for me to pick another storyline, just because I feel so terribly bad when I "leave" Hanako. It's silly, I know, but I get so touched by her story, and especially when you get to know what had gone through her mind in the end of her story.
I don't really know what to say. I've just, never been so touched by anything. It's hard for me to keep "playing", because I get so emotional, and it's hard for me to put it away, because I feel kind of empty and sad.

As a teenager who records in a technichal metal band, this feels extremely weird. Especially posting it publicy, due to all the norms these days. God damn it.

Hang in there my friend, we've all been through the very same thing. Trust me, things will get better. It'll just take time.

In the meantime, go read this. http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=6750 It's required of any true Hanabro.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Seeker91

Post by Seeker91 »

Mogalen wrote:I'm 17 in a month, I'm just a "normal" kid in Sweden. I play in a funk band, and a technichal metal band. We're in the middle of recording a record, with every thing done except for the song and a bit of synth.

Welcome to the forum Mogalen, and do not feel weird, Katawa Shoujo tends to do that to people. :D
"The things that I want", by Hanako Ikezawa. A chocolate bar. A cup of tea. For the sun to shine. I want to sleep to forget. To change the past. My parents and skin back. Unlimited chess pieces and a license to skip turns. Right then, more than anything, I wanted him.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Mogalen wrote:As a teenager who records in a technichal metal band, this feels extremely weird. Especially posting it publicy, due to all the norms these days. God damn it.
Norms are just what cowards call huddling scared in their comfort zones. We're all here and far from normal so join the club. :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
CFC Kyle
Location: Why do you wanna know? YOU GONNA STALK ME, PUNK?! Okay, I'm in Britain.

Re: that feel when you cry after Hanako's route

Post by CFC Kyle »

CosmicGhost wrote:
rydiafan wrote:
CosmicGhost wrote:Same here. Just keep wishing that a talented group of people start making an awesome fan sequel to it.
I don't think that will happen ... they more or less took 5 years outta there lives to make KS .. . and as far as i know they are not getting a dime for there hard work ... who in there right mind will spend another 5 years ( for free ) making a KS 2 with the same quality as the first KS
A guy can hope. :D
We can rejoice! 4LS have confirmed they are making a sequel and it is currently going smoothly! We may well see another KS game soon :D
I just love these quotes. Got a problem with that?!
Xanatos wrote:Everyone should be portrayed by Nicolas Cage.
ZXNova wrote:Comforting Misha will lead you to piercing the heavens.
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

What.

I believe you need either your eyes checked or your reading comprehension improved. :roll:
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Someone at 4LS will occasionally mention the possibility of creating another game. But they've been adamant that there won't be a KS sequel.

No matter how much we wish they were.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
MegaMoto

Post by MegaMoto »

pandaphil wrote:Someone at 4LS will occasionally mention the possibility of creating another game. But they've been adamant that there won't be a KS sequel.

Hey there's always fan fiction 8) . Personally I think a full blown sequel would not be as good as the original or maybe even tarnish it. I just don't think that there is enough here for a entire new VN. Not that I doubt the writers skill all hail the devs and what not. Oh and there are those spiritual successors that I haven't checked on in awhile and probably should. :oops:
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

pandaphil wrote:Someone at 4LS will occasionally mention the possibility of creating another game. But they've been adamant that there won't be a KS sequel.

And if 4LS is saying they're making a Katawa Shoujo sequel, it's always a joke.
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Well, they could slip in cameos in their next project. Still a very nice way of paying tribute.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Firewind

Post by Firewind »

Sounds interesting, as long as it comes from 4LS I'm almost sure it's going to be great. And no, I don't think that a sequel of KS is a good idea, I think that every good story must come to an end. We can't force it because I'm sure nothing good will come out of it. This is it, leave the game as it is now.
Everyone hides who they are at least some of their time. Sometimes you bury that part of yourself so deeply that you have to be reminded it's there at all. And sometimes you just want to forget who you are all together.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Firewind wrote:
Sounds interesting, as long as it comes from 4LS I'm almost sure it's going to be great. And no, I don't think that a sequel of KS is a good idea, I think that every good story must come to an end. We can't force it because I'm sure nothing good will come out of it. This is it, leave the game as it is now.
So if all good stories must come to an end, does that mean all shitty stories will keep going on an on? Great, looks like CoD will never die off :lol:
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.