Piro's Blog

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Mirage_GSM

Piro's Blog

Post by Mirage_GSM »

So I've just returned from a prolonged archive binge at Megatokyo...

Seems Piro has undergone heart surgery last month, and guess what he did while recuperating in the hospital.
He also gives an extensive shoutout to Katawa Shoujo in his last blog.
Last edited by Mirage_GSM on Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Xanatos

Re: Piro's Blog

Post by Xanatos »

Who is Piro and why should I care? :lol: Good to see KS is appreciated enough to get shoutouts though.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Xanatos wrote:Who is Piro and why should I care? :lol:
You don't have to care, but the links I provided should enable anyone who doesn't know to find out.

Piro is the author of a webcomic about two American guys who get stranded in Tokyo.
If you like Hoitash's wacky stories, you should give it a try.

griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Loonie

Post by Loonie »

Never thought much of his series to be honest (read through it 7 years back I think and can barely remember any of it, other than a brief insert on the evils of hentai). Not the worst, but didn't stand out to me that much either, not counting the fact that it updated really slowly. Maybe now that its library is built up more one could find more to read, but honestly...kinda don't feel like going through it all again.

Still, nice to see someone discover KS during a trip to the hospital. But it's a double-edged sword really, heh, especially reading something humorous while you're recovering from any kind of abdominal or chest surgery. You're choking down fits of laughter while simultaneously in pain from all the pain your belly laughs are inadvertently causing...ahhh...good times man. :) I dunno how chest surgery affects your ability to laugh heartily, but I remember my abdominal surgery as being quite painful in the most hilarious way imaginable. Hopefully chest surgery isn't as bad for laughter.
MrZAP

Post by MrZAP »

Well, he'd played it before. He brought it in because he felt it would suit the environment.

And I for one am very grateful he mentioned it. It's how I discovered the game in the first place. :)
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Yes, the glacial update schedule is why I don't check the site regularly anymore either. Still I'm looking forward to the upcoming VN.
And I don't think KS is so hilarious that it would pose any danger to those with recent surgeries...

Sore wa himitsu desu.
Loonie

Post by Loonie »

Mirage_GSM wrote:Yes, the glacial update schedule is why I don't check the site regularly anymore either. Still I'm looking forward to the upcoming VN.
And I don't think KS is so hilarious that it would pose any danger to those with recent surgeries...
Eh, you never know...different people find all kinds of different things funny. In my case I was reading what was (chiefly) dark humor of truly horrible things and, to my great surprise since I never enjoyed it beforehand, I discovered I actually had quite a bit of a sweet tooth for it.

Similarly, yeah I doubt KS has an overabundance of humor...but when it creeps up on you it usually does so when you least expect it, heh.