What Route Has the Most Text / Is the Longest?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

[Insert Thread Title Here]

Hanako
3%
Lilly
30%
Rin
40%
Emi
4%
Shizune
23%

Total votes: 156

Oddball

Re: What Route Has the Most Text / Is the Longest?

Post by Oddball »

Sedinus wrote:Shizune's route was painfully long (the best part was... Uh, "comforting" Misha).
Lilly's route was pleasantly long (also carried most feels and I still cry every time I hear the music box melody).
Rin's route was awkwardly long (But in a awkward in a good way, just like Rin).

Funny that above statements (save for the brackets) can also apply to a penis.
They can be applied....

Shizune's penis was painfully long.
Lilly's penis was pleasantly long.
Rin's penis was awkwardly long.

But maybe the shouldn't.
Not Dead Yet
ChaosWolf

Post by ChaosWolf »

Oddball wrote:If Shizune's path isn't the longest, then it at least feels that way.
Agreed, agreed, a dozen times over.

Once I finally unlocked it, Shizune's route was very disappointing to me. Not so much in that it wasn't detailed or well-written - it was, no doubt - but that past Act 1, you only get one choice-box, and everything hinges on it. With the exception of one implausibly-pivotal decision, everything about her route is totally non-interactive. For such a complex character, this lack of variation in her storyline is a serious letdown. Especially since a big part of the common appeal of the VN genre is getting to see how your choices effect how the story plays out. Taking away basically all interactivity and then suddenly having everything abruptly depend on a single choice is very jarring and takes away a huge chunk of the immersion.

Shizune's is the only route I've never bother to play more than twice, and the second time was only to see the other ending for completionist's sake.
Omega

Post by Omega »

I would have thought Rin becuase of the random blocks of outburst she occasionally threw out. She was kind of a mix of Hanako panic attack and Shizune's explinations.
ImageImage
**~-~*~-~*~-~*~-~*~-~*~-Lilly~*~-~*~-~*~-~*~-~*~-~*~-~*~-~*~-~*~-~*~-Shizune~*~-~*~-~*~-~*~-~**
Hisao&Hanako<3

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

I'm not sure if Hanako's route has the most text, in fact people have said it's the shortest both chronologically and text wise, but to me it feels the longest. The longest route for anyone will be the route where you sit there and talk to the screen the most. :lol: I've only ever played through all the other girls' routes once. As much as I want to gain more insight from replays, I just can't pull myself away from Hanako's story. I'm trying to share it with as many people as I can.
ArtisticAngel16

Post by ArtisticAngel16 »

I'd say Rin's is the longest. Oh, I hardly think it's boring or anything, in fact her route is my favorite, just...it felt the longest to me. Still amazing though. :) ^_^
Amydt

Post by Amydt »

Rin's is definitely the longest, but also one of the most interesting. I felt like Emi's was the shortest, especially if you turn the adult content off.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Rin's is definitely the longest...
No, it's not.
By line count Emi's is the longest, by word count it is Shizune's.
Rin ranks second either way.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
neio

Post by neio »

Rin's just feels long because of the occasional word-filled screen and the nonstop incomprehensibleness.
Recommended fics: A pseudo-pseudo Suzu Route | Sisterhood (Hanako Epilogue) | Can You Open Your Heart? (Rika)

(New) Movie contest: From which 2012 film did I mangle this quote? Prize: Humble Bundle
You're worried about the Nurse? Try the mom.
Amydt

Post by Amydt »

Mirage_GSM wrote:
Rin's is definitely the longest...
No, it's not.
By line count Emi's is the longest, by word count it is Shizune's.
Rin ranks second either way.
I wasn't really basing my statement on fact, just my experience. =P It took me the longest play-time wise, to say the least. It's interesting to see the actual lengths of each though.