Telling friends and/or family?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Loonie

Re: Telling friends and/or family?

Post by Loonie »

aminuts wrote:Well, I am referring to Katawa Shoujo as a novel not just for framing. I also think this is not a game but everyone around me were calling this as a game so I thought it's in the 'game' category. My bad. Also, look at the page title above, it also says "don't panic, it's just a game'.
Yes, it may say so, however I feel like the purpose of that saying is to calm people down from their emotional rollercoaster as opposed to stating: "This is most definitively a game as opposed to not one." I dunno, do they classify other VNs as 'games' elsewhere? If they do then aight - I guess most consider it to be a 'game'. Just...not me. :)
Seeker91

Post by Seeker91 »

I finally suggested the game to a friend of mine 3 days ago. I also urged him to read the blog in order to see how the project grew over the years. He hasn't played much but he says it's quite interesting.
"The things that I want", by Hanako Ikezawa. A chocolate bar. A cup of tea. For the sun to shine. I want to sleep to forget. To change the past. My parents and skin back. Unlimited chess pieces and a license to skip turns. Right then, more than anything, I wanted him.
MegaMoto

Post by MegaMoto »

Superdingo13 wrote:I don't know about you guys, but I haven't told anybody I know about the fact that I play KS at all. I kind of want to, so I can actually talk to some people about it, but i feel like anyone who hasn't actually played it or know enough about it will immediately dismiss it as disgusting, fetishy hentai without giving it a chance, no matter what I tell them about it... I really don't want to be known as "that guy who loves hentai games" or something like that. Advice/discussion/whatever?
As a man how mad a similar... kind of topic... I feel your pain. Tell them though they deserve to know.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

I've had a little success selling it to some of my female friends online. By just emphasizing the romantic and emotional angle. I think I've gotten maybe five to try it out.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Amydt

Post by Amydt »

I've been working on convincing a friend of mine to play it, but he's not interested purely because he doesn't like the dating/romance aspect to it. I've tried to convince him the game is much more than that, but he still hasn't bothered. I won't give up on this though!
ArtisticAngel16

Post by ArtisticAngel16 »

Amydt wrote:I've been working on convincing a friend of mine to play it, but he's not interested purely because he doesn't like the dating/romance aspect to it. I've tried to convince him the game is much more than that, but he still hasn't bothered. I won't give up on this though!
*highfives*
Family? Awwwww hell no! >_____< ...my parents would probably ground me for life if they found out I played this. D8 I got a few friends to play it though. Yay. :)
Kozaky

Post by Kozaky »

I would probably just blatantly tell a friend about Katawa shoujo because that's just me, however I wouldn't tell a family member except maybe my sister as my mother would probably think it's some sort of kiddie lover game or my father as he has some sort of notion that I should be a man and not be into anything other then work or what he likes.
Lilly > Rin > Shizune > Hanako > Emi.
Sonofthewinds

Post by Sonofthewinds »

I had KS on my desktop and one day my bro saw it and asked what it was.
I told him the truth, and he dismissed it; another time I was playing and he happened to see it(awkward seeing as it was JUST when Lilly strips off).
Anyway I explained it to him and got on with my life.
A few months later(a week ago) I was on his computer when he was out and I saw KS on his desktop, didn't expect that, anyway I opened it and he had completed Hanako's path.
Only hers.
Why do you spread love uneven, this is not what I believe in.
Firewind

Post by Firewind »

Sonofthewinds wrote:I had KS on my desktop and one day my bro saw it and asked what it was.
I told him the truth, and he dismissed it; another time I was playing and he happened to see it(awkward seeing as it was JUST when Lilly strips off).
Anyway I explained it to him and got on with my life.
A few months later(a week ago) I was on his computer when he was out and I saw KS on his desktop, didn't expect that, anyway I opened it and he had completed Hanako's path.
Only hers.
The only friend that I told about KS is saying that he doesn't have time for it and said that it's only downloaded. I don't really know if it's true or he's playing it without telling me :evil:
Everyone hides who they are at least some of their time. Sometimes you bury that part of yourself so deeply that you have to be reminded it's there at all. And sometimes you just want to forget who you are all together.
Hisao&Hanako<3

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

I wish I could get more people into the game. I tried hard but so far only my mom and dad have seen it. And a good friend of mine. None talk about it any more, so I come here to share my strength with like-minded people. KS needs to be more known! I'm thinking of making myself a custom made Hanako shirt.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Only people I talk to who know KS left the forum and only refer to it with the occasional amusing 'shop image.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Hisao&Hanako<3

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

^Time to make more friends! :lol:
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote:^Time to make more friends! :lol:
Seventeen years too late. Friends are only made in schools and other places where rules against iphones and gadgets force socialization.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Brisingr

Post by Brisingr »

Xanatos wrote:
Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote:^Time to make more friends! :lol:
Seventeen years too late. Friends are only made in schools and other places where rules against iphones and gadgets force socialization.
And here is where I prove you wrong. After I finished college last year, I've made at least 5 new friends without even trying. I got 2 of them to play KS and one of them got into it just because he saw me playing it. Rarely see him on the forums here but I know he has an account.
Hisao&Hanako<3

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

Yeah man, friends are made at all ages. Not everyone is an iPhone or Android zombie. :lol: