What scene made you "cry" the most

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Walshy12238

Re: What scene made you "cry" the most

Post by Walshy12238 »

The scene where Lilly broke down somewhat in the field and confessed to Hisao. It sort of just removed that caring, motherly aspect from her personality just for that one scene. It didn't make me cry or anything, I just endured intense feels because of it.
Lilly > Hanako=Emi > Shizune > Rin
ArtisticAngel16

Post by ArtisticAngel16 »

In a good way, then Hanako's and Rin's good ending, most certainly. THHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHE FEELS
Bad way though? Rin's bad ending, DEAR LORD. Poor girl needs a hug... ;~;
Amydt

Post by Amydt »

For me it had to be the scene where Hanako has a panic attack and then locks herself in her room. You could tell her condition was serious from the start, but that scene is one of the first to really drive home how broken she really is on the inside, and when you think she's finally starting to open-up to others, that happens. :cry:
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

ArtisticAngel16 wrote:In a good way, then Hanako's and Rin's good ending, most certainly. THHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHE FEELS
Bad way though? Rin's bad ending, DEAR LORD. Poor girl needs a hug... ;~;
Her bad end's not so bad. It just stops after you leave her room. But I'm assuming you mean the so-called neutral end...Yeah, ouch...

@Amydt: Try watching that scene having been through roughly the same scenario. Though the scene that hit me hardest was probably in Rin's route after Nomiya loses his temper...A lot.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
TehLandshark

Post by TehLandshark »

Spoilers ahead. I'm not using spoiler tags simply because I don't know why you're here if you haven't finished most if not all of the routes.
I feel like the "Neutral" Rin ending (which I see as the worst ending in the entire game, to be honest) was the saddest, upon heavily reviewing it after the fact, but nothing in Rin's route made me cry. When I did the route (one of the only 2 I haven't done twice), I didn't try to relate to her or see from her perspective because I was pissed off at her being seemingly apathetic towards everything. Now I feel as though I relate to her more than Hisao or any of the characters, and I genuinely feel bad for what happens to her in the 2 "worse" endings. At the time, though, I wasn't consciously trying to understand her or develop feelings towards her so I felt more relieved that it was over than sad by the end of the route.
As for what scene made me cry the most, I have a couple that come to mind. When Hisao shows Hanako his scars, the good ending for Hanako, the bad ending for Hanako, when Lilly confesses in the field, when you hear the jukebox in the hospital, when Misha talks to Hisao about her feelings towards Shizune, and a few bits in Emi's route. If I had to choose one, it would definitely be the confession in the wheatfield.
Richter Bromont wrote:
Nurse wrote:You didn't... throw your medication at Seagulls again, did you?
Hisao wrote: FUCK YOU, THEY STARTED IT!
Linkandpie

Post by Linkandpie »

I teared up many times along Lilly's route, namely when she confessed to Hisao and when he was chasing after her and started having his second heart attack; but I sobbed out loud when Hisao woke up to the music box in his hospital room and he saw lilly. I expected that was how it would end, but that didn't stop the tears...
Firewind

Post by Firewind »

First, I played Emi's path and the good ending gave me strong feels, but no tear at all. At first I thought that this game is okay, I'll manage to finish it without making myself feel "weak".

Then I played Hanako's path aaaand at the good ending (in the park) it made my eyes wet just a bit. I said "nah, no story will ever be as good as hers" ...

And then I tried Lilly's path, when she confessed it made my eyes wet again, just slightly. I said "hah, it looks like it can't go further than this". And at the airport, when Hisao was running like hell and was having a second heart attack was....that moment....I just...couldn't resist anymore, I thought that's how it ends. I cried. I finally did it, and I couldn't believe myself. Not only that, but I cried again when I heard that song from the box. I just knew....it must be....her. Lilly's path was the one that finally broke my "defenses".

This game is just....brilliant is just not enough. I'll definitely get my best friend to play this, too. I just KNOW he's gonna cry!
Everyone hides who they are at least some of their time. Sometimes you bury that part of yourself so deeply that you have to be reminded it's there at all. And sometimes you just want to forget who you are all together.
CFC Kyle
Location: Why do you wanna know? YOU GONNA STALK ME, PUNK?! Okay, I'm in Britain.

Post by CFC Kyle »

Walshy12238 wrote:The scene where Lilly broke down somewhat in the field and confessed to Hisao. It sort of just removed that caring, motherly aspect from her personality just for that one scene. It didn't make me cry or anything, I just endured intense feels because of it.
I just love these quotes. Got a problem with that?!
Xanatos wrote:Everyone should be portrayed by Nicolas Cage.
ZXNova wrote:Comforting Misha will lead you to piercing the heavens.
wazuzu

Post by wazuzu »

Rin's scene, that one with dandelions in the end, where she took Hisao out after their sex scene.
I've been weeping for quite a lot, but at that scene I cried like a beaten bitch in all of my stentorian voice.
I went to balcony and just stood there for 10 minutes watching into darkness, while tears were running down my cheeks.
It was a rainy day that day.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

There must be something wrong with me. I just don't feel anything towards Rin. :(
Amydt wrote:For me it had to be the scene where Hanako has a panic attack and then locks herself in her room. You could tell her condition was serious from the start, but that scene is one of the first to really drive home how broken she really is on the inside, and when you think she's finally starting to open-up to others, that happens. :cry:

This. It makes me even more determined to help her if I can.

One thing that hurt me was (I think) the next day after the sex scene when you try to talk to her and she goes back to "IVEGOTTAGODODOMETHING!" mode. Its like all the progress getting close to her is just gone in one shot.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Loonie

Post by Loonie »

pandaphil wrote:There must be something wrong with me. I just don't feel anything towards Rin. :(
There's nothing wrong with you, man. And I say this as a passionate Rin fan. I don't feel that much towards Lilly personally, but I know it's not because I'm a bastard or even because I think that Lilly's evil or some of the exaggerations stated which relate to that.

It's just because I find little to relate to in the Lilly path and much to relate to in the Rin path. That's all it is - nothing more or less. Most people can apply more of their likes/dislikes/experiences to the Lilly path far more easily, and that is why she is undisputably (at least to me) the most popular. However, my likes/dislikes/experiences apply moreso to Rin's path so... *shrug*

It's just how fiction works and it'd be terribly boring (not to mention unfair) if everyone had to feel any kind of sympathy for every fictional character. For example, most people in Game of Thrones like the character Tyrion most of all and yeah, he can be cool. But when a GoT fan says that he doesn't like Tyrion all that much, but that he 'feels' for the character known as 'The Hound', I don't see anything wrong with that. In fact - I'm moreso interested than ever!

And I'm trying to think of which scenes hit me moreso when I was reading them out loud rather than just silently...I think the scene I've already mentioned here (Reverse Escapism) would fall under that category. And on an interesting note, I actually think that the goodbye scene with Lilly/Hanako also fell under that category. I gotta say, as much as I've completely butchered Lilly's voice as I was reading it out loud, when she spoke to Hanako in that scene it was perhaps the only time when I genuinely made an effort to make her sound resolved as she was trying to channel that resolve into Hanako. And yeah, that did make me cry whereas on the silent playthrough it didn't.
wazuzu

Post by wazuzu »

Well said. I often like unpopular characters or unpopular media [KS is an unpopular media, right?] (or at least I sometimes find it hard to find a person with similar interests), so I often experience that feel when you have no one to discuss your fave with. That was one of the main reasons I finally registered here - I got tired of being kind of alone in my feels.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Loonie wrote:For example, most people in Game of Thrones like the character Tyrion most of all.
What's not to like? He's the unfettered little hedonist the rest of us lack the wealth to be. :lol:

It'd certainly be interesting to read aloud to someone...Though I'm interested in knowing a blind person at all. :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Loonie

Post by Loonie »

Xanatos wrote:What's not to like? He's the unfettered little hedonist the rest of us lack the wealth to be. :lol:
Heh, well - some of us don't put that much stock on hedonism I suppose. ;) As I said - different people of all shapes and sizes of all kinds of likes and dislikes pretty much guarantee that even the most popular of characters will have at least one detractor somewhere. And that even the most hated and despised character will have at least one fan that can also (by default) claim to be their #1 fan. :) But...not to derail it any further.
wazuzu

Post by wazuzu »

Well, Tyrion is special. He basically cures anyone from their dwarfism disgust. And his actor in the series is so great that he makes that little bastard's look even more attractive. Sadly, they didn't cut off his nose in series.

Edit: oh crap, I start to word my thoughts like shit again. Welp, time to go to sleep.