Rin
17%
Shizune
20%

Total votes: 41

mysterycycle

Re: Replaying the routes

Post by mysterycycle »

Good question... I haven't played through any of the routes in quite a few months. Obviously, being able to experience KS again the way it felt the first time would be awesome, but also a bit crippling, since it left me effectively unable to focus on any other creative projects for weeks.

Still, like a good book that you really enjoy, I would imagine going back and playing through again would be like seeing old friends, or visiting a place you have fond memories of. It might not have the novelty of the first playthrough, and while the feelings it evokes might not be as powerful as they were the first time around, I'd probably still get teary-eyed at a few places. The stuff that I really love, that moved me when I read through them before, still have the power to move me.
You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person.
ImageImage
Couch to 5k with Emi: WD123 W2D123 W3D123 W4D123 W5D123 W6D123 W7D123 W8D123 W9D123
I'm making a Katawa Shoujo doujinshi!
My deviantArt
Loonie

Post by Loonie »

Was it as good 6 months ago as it was what is now almost a year ago?

Nah. Kinda hard for it to be, because you know the essence of what is about to happen upfront. But the parts that made me emotional a year ago, still did so 6 months ago. Not as intensely, but they did still. And of course remembering all the little details (and even discovering a few new ones) was fun too.

We'll see in about a month or 2 how it goes this time.
Walshy12238

Post by Walshy12238 »

mysterycycle wrote:Good question... I haven't played through any of the routes in quite a few months. Obviously, being able to experience KS again the way it felt the first time would be awesome, but also a bit crippling, since it left me effectively unable to focus on any other creative projects for weeks.

Still, like a good book that you really enjoy, I would imagine going back and playing through again would be like seeing old friends, or visiting a place you have fond memories of. It might not have the novelty of the first playthrough, and while the feelings it evokes might not be as powerful as they were the first time around, I'd probably still get teary-eyed at a few places. The stuff that I really love, that moved me when I read through them before, still have the power to move me.
I think I really agree with this answer; obviously the things that affected me the first time around would affect me again, although I can't imagine it would be as awesome. Not to say it still wouldn't be great
Lilly > Hanako=Emi > Shizune > Rin
MegaMoto

Post by MegaMoto »

I still get feels when I play something the second time but of course it's not as strong and you know everything will either work out or go to shit (and by shit I mean the manly picnic).
Walshy12238

Post by Walshy12238 »

MegaMoto wrote:I still get feels when I play something the second time but of course it's not as strong and you know everything will either work out or go to shit (and by shit I mean the manly picnic).
Successfully avoided the manly picnic each time I started a new route, I deserve a medal :P
Xanatos wrote: Give it another month. The second time should actually be better due to the various details that were unknown the first time through making more sense in context. You lose the suspense but gain depth.
Yeah I think I'll do that, it seems like a fun idea :D
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

You won't get the manly picnic as long as you didn't alienate all 5 ladies.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Merloficus

Post by Merloficus »

I'm with Xan 100%! (must be a first :lol:)

I'm dieing to re-read a few arcs even though i haven't even finished the game! There's always something you missed, weren't quite able to place. Or maybe get a completely different perspective of things?

It's like watching a movie. The first time's the best! But you never see everything the first time :wink:

But don't forget, we're only human. The same thing can only satiate our appetite for so long :cry:
It might not be as good, even so i'll sure as heck go through it again. with some dumb luck i might find some things better than i did originaly!
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Merloficus wrote:It's like watching a movie. The first time's the best!
I've seen a lot of movies. Rarely is the first time the best. :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
neio

Post by neio »

Xanatos wrote:The second time should actually be better due to the various details that were unknown the first time through making more sense in context. You lose the suspense but gain depth.
Xanatos is absolutely correct here. You'll pick up on the little details, and cross-route references will suddenly make sense.

Actual spoiler: For example, I didn't get the bit in Lilly's animation about the plane until the second playthrough.
Recommended fics: A pseudo-pseudo Suzu Route | Sisterhood (Hanako Epilogue) | Can You Open Your Heart? (Rika)

(New) Movie contest: From which 2012 film did I mangle this quote? Prize: Humble Bundle
You're worried about the Nurse? Try the mom.
Heatman

Post by Heatman »

neio wrote:
Xanatos wrote:The second time should actually be better due to the various details that were unknown the first time through making more sense in context. You lose the suspense but gain depth.
Xanatos is absolutely correct here. You'll pick up on the little details, and cross-route references will suddenly make sense.

Actual spoiler: For example, I didn't get the bit in Lilly's animation about the plane until the second playthrough.
We now have to type spoiler before the spoiler tag thing because of how much it's used for jokes.
My only regret in life is being a zippo.
Walshy12238

Post by Walshy12238 »

neio wrote:

Oh my god I actually completely forgot about that until just now.

Not sure if this should be spoilered but just in case: I actually didn't think about that the first time through, I just thought it was some sort of scene setting thing or something... Just a nuance of the background. But oh my god foreshadowing
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Walshy12238 wrote:
neio wrote:

Oh my god I actually completely forgot about that until just now.

Not sure if this should be spoilered but just in case: I actually didn't think about that the first time through, I just thought it was some sort of scene setting thing or something... Just a nuance of the background. But oh my god foreshadowing
Indeed...Then there's all her whispered conversations with Akira. Always cuts it off when Hisao notices...Wonder what she could be discussing that she doesn't want him knowing...

Plenty to keep replays fun.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Walshy12238

Post by Walshy12238 »

I'm sure it's not just Lilly's route, right? I think I'm going to have to get it running again and play some good old KS and see what I find :P
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

In Rin's animation,it shows her painting with her feet. This foreshadows the future scenes where she paints with her feet.
Walshy12238

Post by Walshy12238 »

KeiichiO wrote:In Rin's animation,it shows her painting with her feet. This foreshadows the future scenes where she paints with her feet.
Wait, so... you're saying... she doesn't paint with her hands??????!!!?!!!