Emis and Yuukos

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Oddball

Emis and Yuukos

Post by Oddball »

Well, I made a topic about the older Lilly design, so why not bring back the Emi and Yuuko designs and talk about them as well?

Frankly, I think these are both huge improvements. I can't Emi seriously as a love interest if she looks like she's 8. She still looks youthful in the final design, but not necessarily under-aged like her original style. Also, I really don't like how hr face was done. She doesn't look like she has a nose.

Original Yuuko on the other hand has a decent design. ... However, it doesn't fit her. When I first played the demo, I thought she was another student. I couldn't help wonder what her backstory was and why she'd have to work in the school. Was she filling in for family or what? I was actually wondering how to get on her path.

Also, the two versions of Yuuko look practically nothing alike. The other Emi still looks like Emi, but the two Yuukos don't even look like they're related to each other.

So, what all are your thoughts and opinions on the changes?
Not Dead Yet
OtakuNinja

Re: Emis and Yuukos

Post by OtakuNinja »

I really like the old designs, except for Emi's head. It's too round and she has no nose. :lol:
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Old Yuuko is adorable holy crap :lol:
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
ShadeHaven

Post by ShadeHaven »

I don't really like the old designs at all. Seems like they were drawn with the sole intention of being cute, rather than having character imo.
Walshy12238

Post by Walshy12238 »

I actually really like the old Yuuko, surprisingly; on the whole I don't like the older designs, especially Emi's and Lilly's. They both just look way too young, and like the personality they actually have wouldn't fit them quite right. This Emi looks like she's about 4, and that's saying something considering how young Emi looks in the first place.
Lilly > Hanako=Emi > Shizune > Rin
MegaMoto

Post by MegaMoto »

I like the older "yukko" (I forgot how to spell her name) is better then the new one, she seams more cute. The new Emi is way better. Maybe Yuuko (different spelling) changed her appearance after she broke up with you know who.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Walshy12238 wrote:Emi looks like she's about 4
What sort of freakish giant four-year-olds do you live around? :lol:

Old Emi isn't too great. Old Yuuko's cute but the final design fits her character much better.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
MegaMoto

Post by MegaMoto »

Xanatos wrote:

Old Emi isn't too great. Old Yuuko's cute but the final design fits her character much better.
You obviously don't know about the giant 4 year olds of... Canada.
Walshy12238

Post by Walshy12238 »

Xanatos wrote:

You'd be surprised; my cousin is a bit of a behemoth :P
Lilly > Hanako=Emi > Shizune > Rin
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Not that fond of old Emi. But old Yuuko is quite nice. She looks like she has her act together. I could see current Yuuko looking like this in a few year. Maybe after she graduates.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

pandaphil wrote:Not that fond of old Emi. But old Yuuko is quite nice. She looks like she has her act together. I could see current Yuuko looking like this in a few year. Maybe after she graduates.
Yeah, I could see future Yuuko looking like that. Once she drops the stress and gets some style. :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
mysterycycle

Post by mysterycycle »

I really don't like the old version of Emi. She looks too young, and just lacks the personality that the later version has. She feels bland to me, despite the fact that Emi as we know her seems to be a relatively common character design in other anime (Maka Albarn from Soul-Eater springs to mind).

I don't dislike the old version of Yuuko, but I prefer the current one.
You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person.
ImageImage
Couch to 5k with Emi: WD123 W2D123 W3D123 W4D123 W5D123 W6D123 W7D123 W8D123 W9D123
I'm making a Katawa Shoujo doujinshi!
My deviantArt
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Y'all should have seen the shitstorm when the new design for Emi was introduced^^°
You can probably still find it if you dig deep enough...
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Mirage_GSM wrote:Y'all should have seen the shitstorm when the new design for Emi was introduced^^°
You can probably still find it if you dig deep enough...
Why would there be a shitstorm? Even granting some may have preferred her older design...A shitstorm? "OH MY GOD, YOU...ALTERED HER DESIGN SLIGHTLY BUT STILL KEPT IT MOSTLY THE SAME! HOW DARE YOU!" O.o;;

Time to do some digging. :lol: Though I do wonder why it was changed if it was apparently such a popular thing...
emmjay

Post by emmjay »

I still love the announcement on the dev blog of the Emi redesign. "We upgraded your loli." :lol:
Anyway, I gotta agree on Emi's looks. Old Emi looks even younger if you just look at her face. (She actually seems to have more of a figure than New Emi, weirdly enough. Or maybe her blouse is just more form-fitting.)
And yeah, the Yuukos don't even look like the same character. But hey, cute, bespectacled, redhead librarians are fine by me, regardless of details. (Sorta wish they'd kept the old glasses, though.)
Yuuko > Akira > Miki > Meiko > Sae.

Some one-shots I've written (Updated 7/29/2017)