Rin
17%
Shizune
20%

Total votes: 41

Solistor

Replaying the Game

Post by Solistor »

This idea probably doesn't warrant its own thread, but I couldn't find a "general discussion" thread so I'm posting it here. If I'm horribly wrong please direct me to the right thread.

I'm going to replay Katawa Shoujo, but I don't know whether I should erase my save file and replay through it 100% fresh or just go through each desired route on my current 100% file. What does the forum think? Either way, the poll applies, but I'd like to read your thoughts on keeping the save file or deleting it.
Last edited by Solistor on Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
KeiichiO

Re: Reboot?

Post by KeiichiO »

Delete it. You can always get the shtuffs back from playing again.

Don't delete it. You can play the game and 100% it without the need to tamper with your save file.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

It really doesn't matter in the slightest. If you replay for 100%, the end result is the same.

The thread title is misleading, by the way. A reboot would be quite interesting though.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Solistor

Post by Solistor »

Xanatos wrote: The thread title is misleading, by the way. A reboot would be quite interesting though.
Oh, yeah; I should probably change that then
Loonie

Re: Replaying the Game

Post by Loonie »

I'd say it depends on the amount of time you forsee yourself having in the next month or two. If you'll have quite a few things to do, then I'd say don't delete it - you will hate yourself for it if you do.

But if you're absolutely sure you have the time to go through it all again, then sure. My personal recommendation? Move the save file someplace else so the game doesn't detect it, just in case, and start from scratch. And if you ever run out of time IRL, just move it back again.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Loonie wrote:you will hate yourself for it if you do.
Would he really? He's already seen it all.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
Loonie

Post by Loonie »

Xanatos wrote:
Loonie wrote:you will hate yourself for it if you do.
Would he really? He's already seen it all.
And then one day while his mind is idle he'll go: "Huh...yaknow, I really liked that scene in KS. Let's load it up, check the library/art gallery and...oh wait...I deleted my savegame so I have to start all over again." :P
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

And then he gets to start all over again. Win-win. :lol:
MegaMoto

Post by MegaMoto »

I believe the saying "My save files got deleted. You know what that means" fits here. :D
wyrda78

Post by wyrda78 »

He could copy his save files to another location of his hard drives.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

wyrda78 wrote:He could copy his save files to another location of his hard drives.
That's what I did, just to be safe.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Walshy12238

Replaying the routes

Post by Walshy12238 »

I looked through the first couple of pages and couldn't find anything related to this topic, but if I'm wrong, someone please correct me :P

Basically my question is: Do you feel that replaying through the game is just as good as the first time around? Do you still "feel"?
Personally I wish I could erase my memory of the game completely and experience it again, because quite frankly it's just not as good the second time through. Mind you, it's still excellent.
Lilly > Hanako=Emi > Shizune > Rin
Xanatos

Re: Replaying the routes

Post by Xanatos »

Wait until you forget a lot of it, then replay. I'm coming up on a year since I started it and I've forgotten a ton of details. I expect it'll be just as good.
Walshy12238

Post by Walshy12238 »

Xanatos wrote:Wait until you forget a lot of it, then replay. I'm coming up on a year since I started it and I've forgotten a ton of details. I expect it'll be just as good.
I've actually forgotten quite a bit about Hanako's route... Maybe I'll give it a try? Or I could leave it for a few more months and then see how I go
Lilly > Hanako=Emi > Shizune > Rin
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Walshy12238 wrote:
Xanatos wrote:Wait until you forget a lot of it, then replay. I'm coming up on a year since I started it and I've forgotten a ton of details. I expect it'll be just as good.
I've actually forgotten quite a bit about Hanako's route... Maybe I'll give it a try? Or I could leave it for a few more months and then see how I go
Give it another month. The second time should actually be better due to the various details that were unknown the first time through making more sense in context. You lose the suspense but gain depth.