Recommend a VN

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Walshy12238

Re: Recommend a VN

Post by Walshy12238 »

BananaPudding wrote:I guess my only problem with School Days is that there was absolutely no emotional attachment to the characters (and to make it even worse, the attachment started to form in the beginning, but then completely dissolved at the climax and ending) I guess that's the thing I really like about VNs (of the two I have played)

maybe KS set my expectations too high, but Kira Kira was really good about that.
Yeah, see, that's the thing I really loved about KS (which is actually the only VN I've played/read). I enjoyed the fact that it made you feel attached to the characters.
OtakuNinja wrote: It's definitely worth the time.

The whole story basically revolves around the protagonist's sex drive, but it's very interesting to see how all the "insane" characters react. Especially since you sometimes can be such a player and rape girls, but they seem to think it's OK once it's over (even though the real you want to kill the guy). :lol:
It's made in an anime format, which is rather unique, and really makes it easy to play. Some of the "decision points" will give you the option to not choose either of the alternatives; which is great if they both are bad. :)

I think you should buy it. It's really cheap if you don't buy the physical copy or the Collector's Edition. ;)
Hmm. I might give it a go, who knows, we'll have to wait and see :P
Lilly > Hanako=Emi > Shizune > Rin
Flutterz

Post by Flutterz »

Walshy12238 wrote:Yeah, see, that's the thing I really loved about KS (which is actually the only VN I've played/read). I enjoyed the fact that it made you feel attached to the characters.
There's actually tons of VNs like that, most of the ones in my list make you attached to the characters. School Days just isn't one of them :P
Completed VNs: VNDB
Currently Reading: ef- a fairy tale of the two
Walshy12238

Post by Walshy12238 »

Flutterz wrote:
Walshy12238 wrote:Yeah, see, that's the thing I really loved about KS (which is actually the only VN I've played/read). I enjoyed the fact that it made you feel attached to the characters.
There's actually tons of VNs like that, most of the ones in my list make you attached to the characters. School Days just isn't one of them :P
Well I'll have to go and find that list then :P
stanman237

Post by stanman237 »

Walshy12238 wrote:
Flutterz wrote:
Well I'll have to go and find that list then :P
Here's a condensed list:

Key Games
Type Moon Games
Higurashi and Umineko to some extent
Narcissu 1,2
some NitroPlus Games
Other Utsuge/Nakige that are not mentioned should also be here
Walshy12238

Post by Walshy12238 »

I've heard that Narcissu is fantastic, are the rumours true?
Flutterz

Post by Flutterz »

Walshy12238 wrote:I've heard that Narcissu is fantastic, are the rumours true?
It is really good, and on top of that it's short and free, so fantastic is certainly one way to describe it.
Walshy12238

Post by Walshy12238 »

Flutterz wrote:
It is really good, and on top of that it's short and free, so fantastic is certainly one way to describe it.
Well I guess I've found something to keep me occupied :D
Flutterz

Post by Flutterz »

Walshy12238 wrote:
Flutterz wrote:
Well I guess I've found something to keep me occupied :D
Great! :D But keep in mind it won't keep you occupied for very long - both games can be finished within a few hours. :P
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Yes, it's probably the best VN I've played so far. The first one can only be described as "fantastic" and the second is even better. :D
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
Walshy12238

Post by Walshy12238 »

OtakuNinja wrote:
Yes, it's probably the best VN I've played so far. The first one can only be described as "fantastic" and the second is even better. :D
Even better than KS? :P
Flutterz wrote: Great! :D But keep in mind it won't keep you occupied for very long - both games can be finished within a few hours. :P
That's probably a good thing, I don't really have that much time on my hands these days... School sucks like that
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Walshy12238 wrote:
OtakuNinja wrote:
Even better than KS? :P
Y.E.S! :mrgreen:
Flutterz

Post by Flutterz »

Walshy12238 wrote:Even better than KS? :P
Just because we're on the KS forums doesn't mean we necessarily think it's the best VN there is. :P
Plus VNs can be so different from one another that it makes it somewhat hard to decide if one is better than another. So I won't say that Narcissu is better than KS, just that both are quality VNs. :D (copout, I know)
Walshy12238

Post by Walshy12238 »

OtakuNinja wrote: Y.E.S! :mrgreen:
Well then I definitely should give it a go :P
Flutterz wrote:
Just because we're on the KS forums doesn't mean we necessarily think it's the best VN there is. :P
Plus VNs can be so different from one another that it makes it somewhat hard to decide if one is better than another. So I won't say that Narcissu is better than KS, just that both are quality VNs. :D (copout, I know)
That's not what I meant, but I do get your point :D
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Walshy12238 wrote:
Flutterz wrote:
That's not what I meant, but I do get your point :D
There are so many different types of VNs... I prefer nakiges and light eroges, but horror is fine too. :3
Walshy12238

Post by Walshy12238 »

Alright so I fired up Narcissu, because after hearing how good it was, I felt I had to try it out, and I instantly cringed; I couldn't get past the "oldness" of it, if that's what you can even call it. Like, I don't know whether I'm being too picky or something, but it really seems like I'm just going to not be able to enjoy it because of the production quality I guess you could say.

Am I being too picky? :P