Katawa Shoujo 2 Cancelled

Comment on and discuss blog posts in here. One thread per post.
Mader Levap

Re: Katawa Shoujo 2 Cancelled

Post by Mader Levap »

zanzarra wrote:The problem with mental handicaps is that, on one hand, it's far more difficult to write them in for believable characters without having firsthand experience - and on the other hand, it really blurs the lines on an unimportant concept called consent.
Exploring meaning of consent and love could be one of motives touched up in this VN. Maybe one day, someone will make VN like that, with KS-like quality and KS-like treatment of disabilities. This will be glorius day.
Image Proud member of Polish Route - group that translated Katawa Shoujo to Polish. Full translation released!
Midway

Post by Midway »

darkstorm117 wrote:I personally would love an all female version of the same game and not just for the most obvious reason. I find lesbian relationships much more beautiful and sensual. Maybe it's just my male mind speaking.
I would love a all female version as well :3 there arent to many good lesbian VN out there (and im not talking about h-games im talking about strongly story driven ones) :/
Masques and mime

Post by Masques and mime »

Please do some more in depth work into mental health. As a 'Mentally ill' person myself and with a disabled psychologist for a father I have encountered disability varying from the Limbless to those with internal health issues to autism (i.e. Me). Yet despite my exposed upbringing Katawa Shoujo gave me a greater understanding and empathy for the disabled and made me realise how little empathy I had before, however the discrepancy is the mentally ill the closest we got was Misha's ADHD and Rin's Absent mindedness which apparently according to Lilly is impossible as the school doesn't take in Mental Disabilities. Please does something about this as there is so much to go into.

Also you know you may have a fan with reliable first hand information who might have posted on this subject, you know no-one in particular... :D

Yours a fan of Masques and Mime
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

I'm not sure what you're trying to say.
None of the girls in KS is (canonically) mentally ill. There is no mention in the story of Misha having ADHD or Rin's absent-mindedness being anything but a strange personaltity.
KS is explicitly not about mentally ill characters, that's why the school, Yamaku, was written as not accepting mentally ill patients at all. (How Kenji managed to be admitted is anyone's guess.)
Also, the game is finished, so there are not going to be any changes to the story whatsoever from here.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Heather

Post by Heather »

I loved the first Katawa Shojo ( Hanako especially <3 ) and I want a next Katawa Shojo, please !
(Yes, I'm new :D ! )
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Heather wrote:I loved the first Katawa Shojo ( Hanako especially <3 ) and I want a next Katawa Shojo, please !
Welcome, newb!

As stated by the developers, there will be no "next Katawa Shoujo".

Sorry if I crushed your childhood dreams...
Walshy12238

Post by Walshy12238 »

Heather wrote:I loved the first Katawa Shojo ( Hanako especially <3 ) and I want a next Katawa Shojo, please !
Unfortunately that's never going to happen... And I think that's a good thing, if we're being honest here
Lilly > Hanako=Emi > Shizune > Rin
Heather

Post by Heather »

Thanks KeiichiO !
It is sad for me, I believed a next story with Hanako... :'(
But if the KS Team have a good reason, I understand...
Walshy12238

Post by Walshy12238 »

Heather wrote:Thanks KeiichiO !
It is sad for me, I believed a next story with Hanako... :'(
But if the KS Team have a good reason, I understand...
Well it really is a bad idea; how would you continue KS in the first place? There'd be a lot of logistical problems with it, as well as it being overkill. In my opinion, and the devs too I guess, KS works well as a one off thing
Lilly > Hanako=Emi > Shizune > Rin
Meower

Post by Meower »

Last edited by Meower on Thu May 26, 2016 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

As in, same overall concept and ideas (the school, the type of characters, the morals) but a different game type?
I'm suddenly picturing a Mario Kart style KS game.

Anybody want to do the fanart for that? Anybody?
Not Dead Yet
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Oddball wrote:
As in, same overall concept and ideas (the school, the type of characters, the morals) but a different game type?
I'm suddenly picturing a Mario Kart style KS game.

Anybody want to do the fanart for that? Anybody?
You, sir, have a brilliant imagination.
Meower

Post by Meower »

Last edited by Meower on Thu May 26, 2016 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
EclipseSilver

Post by EclipseSilver »

I didn't really bother reading through the entire blog post but I think it would be nice if some sort of continuation could be done with the original storyline. I can understand that would be difficult but I think it would be nice, especially since some of the endings had a air of future problems. Idk, just a thought :P
Zorther

Post by Zorther »

to deal with the different moms how about the mom dies in a plane crash and hisao dies from his arrhythmia. and lets say the sun had a brain disorder that made him unstable, so at the news and seeing his father die he goes insane. later the police find him and transfer him to the school. and he tries to hide away from people( like hanako) but turns out to be funny if you get to know him. he should be suicidal in a ending.