Is KS fandom dying?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

mysterycycle

Re: Is KS fandom dying?

Post by mysterycycle »

Is the KS fandom dying? I hope not. So long as people discover Katawa Shoujo and at least a fraction of those who play through it are moved by it the way we were, I think people will find their way here. The same old questions will probably be asked again and again - or, at least, the old topics regarding their questions will be necro'd - but so long as we don't respond to them with cynicism or by shutting them down with a "been there, done that" attitude, I think the fandom will continue to slowly and quietly grow.

And yeah, if 4LS does make a new VN, I imagine that'll bring in some new blood or bring back some old posters who had their enthusiasm recharged.

I myself have my moods; some days I'm just thinking about other things, but KS is never far from my mind. And I'm always happy to talk about it when given the opportunity. Some days, like today, I'll actively seek the community out, just to reassure myself that this thing still exists and has a heartbeat.

As for contributing fanfiction and artwork, I have stuff I've started and want to finish, but I'm really terrible about getting it done. Sometimes I worry that by the time I finish there won't be anyone left here to care about it. :lol: Maybe I just need to approach it as a writing exercise and not worry so much about the polish? Not that I'm fishing for an attaboy from anyone, but just explaining why I haven't contributed as often as I've thought about KS.

My wallpaper is still the chibi KS girls, as it has been for about a year...
You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person.
ImageImage
Couch to 5k with Emi: WD123 W2D123 W3D123 W4D123 W5D123 W6D123 W7D123 W8D123 W9D123
I'm making a Katawa Shoujo doujinshi!
My deviantArt
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

mysterycycle wrote:And yeah, if 4LS does make a new VN, I imagine that'll bring in some new blood or bring back some old posters who had their enthusiasm recharged.
4LS has said they won't make another VN.... then again 4 Leaf have also stated they're a bunch of trolls so I'd take anything they say about VNs they're making/not making with a grain of salt (unless it's Katawa Shoujo sequels, then always assume it's another prank by them).
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Steinherz wrote:
mysterycycle wrote:And yeah, if 4LS does make a new VN, I imagine that'll bring in some new blood or bring back some old posters who had their enthusiasm recharged.
4LS has said they won't make another VN.... then again 4 Leaf have also stated they're a bunch of trolls so I'd take anything they say about VNs they're making/not making with a grain of salt (unless it's Katawa Shoujo sequels, then always assume it's another prank by them).
A few of 'em have also teased at currently making something. I just go by "Never trust any of them." :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
mysterycycle

Post by mysterycycle »

Steinherz wrote:
Hmm... I seem to remember a few months ago someone from 4LS was talking about making something, and not the April Fools' KS2, of course.I could be mistaken, but it got me excited.

Ah, well.
You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person.
ImageImage
Couch to 5k with Emi: WD123 W2D123 W3D123 W4D123 W5D123 W6D123 W7D123 W8D123 W9D123
My deviantArt
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Xanatos wrote:
Steinherz wrote:4LS has said they won't make another VN.... then again 4 Leaf have also stated they're a bunch of trolls so I'd take anything they say about VNs they're making/not making with a grain of salt (unless it's Katawa Shoujo sequels, then always assume it's another prank by them).
A few of 'em have also teased at currently making something. I just go by "Never trust any of them." :lol:
I go by "Never trust any of them until it's proven by some concrete facts."
mysterycycle wrote:Hmm... I seem to remember a few months ago someone from 4LS was talking about making something, and not the April Fools' KS2, of course.I could be mistaken, but it got me excited.

Ah, well.
I don't know, maybe they are. I'm not privy to the knowledge of the inner workings of 4LS :lol:
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Honestly, if anyone is afraid of the fandom dying, there's one thing I can suggest doing.

Post something.

Not a joke, not a one liner, post something worthwhile. Start a new topic. Reply to something somebody else has said with your own thought and opinions on the matter.

Go read somebody fanfic or look at their art. Tell the creator what you think of their work. Don't worry about whether the topic is old or not.

Don't be afraid of looking dumb or thinking that it's probably already talked about, if there's something you want to say, say it.
Not Dead Yet
mysterycycle

Post by mysterycycle »

Image "This man speaks wisdom!"
ImageImage
My deviantArt
MegaMoto

Post by MegaMoto »

MegaMoto wrote:
OtakuNinja wrote:
MegaMoto wrote: OHHHH can I take the blame ? I don't think I've been around long enough but still everyone else is doing it.
You do that, and next time SC in online, we'll all point our fingers at you. ;)
HE'LL NOTICE ME. OH GLORIOUS DAY !
I got a message from a special someone today. :wink:
Umbra
Location: i have tasted the maggots of the mind of the universe

Post by Umbra »

(I didn't read the thread past page I, but here's my input anyway)

I've been thinking about this a lot. The community could be safely called dead. The only active topics here seem to be only vaguely related to the content of the VN and are more about people fantasizing (e.g. talking about what they would like to do with their waifu) It is no longer about feels or discussing the storyline or talking about changing your life for the better. It seems to me that we should just let this forum die off (until 4LS releases something new) but some people refuse to do that by obsessively posting twenty meaningless posts a day and participating in circlejerks (not trying to start a flame war here.)

You guys just need to learn to let go and move on, there is really nothing left to discuss.

EDIT: oh and /ksg/ is even a bigger circlejerk, with tripfags posting shitpost after shitpost, and arguing about what flavour Misha's dirty panties would be. Not kidding.

EDIT2:
Steinherz wrote:
they never said they wouldn't be making another VN, they only said that they won't be making anything new as a whole (that means that people from the original KS team left 4LS)
(not me, but this is sweet)

I like music. If you like music too, and have similar tastes, you might want to add me on last.fm.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Umbra wrote:(I didn't read the thread past page I, but here's my input anyway)

I've been thinking about this a lot. The community could be safely called dead. The only active topics here seem to be only vaguely related to the content of the VN and are more about people fantasizing (e.g. talking about what they would like to do with their waifu) It is no longer about feels or discussing the storyline or talking about changing your life for the better. It seems to me that we should just let this forum die off (until 4LS releases something new) but some people refuse to do that by obsessively posting twenty meaningless posts a day and participating in circlejerks (not trying to start a flame war here.)

You guys just need to learn to let go and move on, there is really nothing left to discuss.
I agree with you on the garbage posts but I don't think that means that there's nothing left to discuss. I just think that there are far too many people just circljerking each other or trying to get reactions out of people that they have strangled any real attempts at actual discussion.
EDIT: oh and /ksg/ is even a bigger circlejerk, with tripfags posting shitpost after shitpost, and arguing about what flavour Misha's dirty panties would be. Not kidding.
It's 4chan. Expecting decent conversation there is like expecting decent conversation from insane homeless people living in backalleys, except less interesting.
Not Dead Yet
ShadeHaven

Post by ShadeHaven »

While I'll agree that you'd be hardpressed to find any popular post that are even slightly related to KS, I wouldn't call it dead just yet. There are still new people experiencing KS for the first time and joining the forums. Interesting topics do pop up every now and then as well.
Merloficus

Post by Merloficus »

Teehee that was a nice unanimous answer :lol:
Will write *ahem* something *cough* :| either this week or the next. Actualy still need to wrestle myself through the last few chapters of Lilly's final act... Took a break when i reached the final, i believe, sex scene

Back on topic:
fandom aint dying! Stay tuned for more! :lol:
Walshy12238

Post by Walshy12238 »

1) If people want to post they can, whether or not you consider the forum to be dead does not constitute reasoning as to whether it should be made to come to a halt
2) Did you really honestly expect anything more?
Lilly > Hanako=Emi > Shizune > Rin
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Umbra wrote:It is no longer about feels or discussing the storyline or talking about changing your life for the better.
Just how many topics on "feels" (which is a really stupid term but that's another matter) do you need? There got to be so many the mods started fusing them all into a single thread.

How many times can the same storyline be discussed?

There are likely still things to be discussed here. Figuring them out is the trouble. I actually had a subject to post about but I had appointments today and I'm not in the mood to drudge up the thoughts again yet. XP

And "Not trying to start a flame war" doesn't make calling people obsessive meaningless circlejerkers any less of a douchey thing to do. If you're really not trying, stop trying. :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
MegaMoto

Post by MegaMoto »

Xanatos wrote:
Umbra wrote:It is no longer about feels or discussing the storyline or talking about changing your life for the better.
Just how many topics on "feels" (which is a really stupid term but that's another matter) do you need? There got to be so many the mods started fusing them all into a single thread.

How many times can the same storyline be discussed?

There are likely still things to be discussed here. Figuring them out is the trouble. I actually had a subject to post about but I had appointments today and I'm not in the mood to drudge up the thoughts again yet. XP

And "Not trying to start a flame war" doesn't make calling people obsessive meaningless circlejerkers any less of a douchey thing to do. If you're really not trying, stop trying. :lol:
You said all the things I was going to good job.