Older Lilly

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Oddball

Older Lilly

Post by Oddball »

To pull once again from the "What could have been," topic... what do you think of this earlier version of Lilly?

Not Dead Yet
Steinherz

Re: Older Lilly

Post by Steinherz »

Oddball wrote:To pull once again from the "What could have been," topic... what do you think of this earlier version of Lilly?

The older version of Lilly looks a bit young. If she still had the same "motherly" personality it'd probably be pretty jarring.
That being said she did look adorable in that version :lol:
Also: God damn those are some bright blue eyes. Holy shit XD
Last edited by Steinherz on Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

The eyes are what give me the biggest problem. I much prefer the final version.
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

What gets me is that she seems rather top heavy. I don't mean just the breasts either. She's almost V-shaped ... but that might also be the pose as well.

Still, that's a lot of hair. I wonder if they ever made any of the CG's using this design. I think I'd have an even harder time taking this seriously in the showdown scene between her and Shizune.
Not Dead Yet
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

I actually like this rendition a bit more then her current form.
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

You're right Oddball. I'm not sure I could have voiced that problem before you pointed it out, but it definitely affects my perception of her.
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

This version just seems off, and not as well drawn. And as someone said, she does seem rather top heavy. I wonder if her head needs to be smaller?
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
SpecimenSix

Post by SpecimenSix »

pandaphil wrote:This version just seems off, and not as well drawn. And as someone said, she does seem rather top heavy. I wonder if her head needs to be smaller?
I was thinking that too, but at the same time it could be because her skirt is significantly shorter. It's a bit jarring for me anyways, to see a similar upper body to the current Lilly with a tiny skirt and skinny legs when I'm so used to her long skirt giving her legs much broader appearance. I'm not sure if that makes any sense. :lol:

Regardless that's an interesting question, Oddball.
I am bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There is no one I would rather be than me.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Anyone else notice in that old sprite Lilly's socks/stockings are super high? More than Shizune's.
Hot? Maybe?

Also, yeah she does seem a bit top-heavy.
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

This Lilly looks underage. I prefer the final one. :lol:
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
Merloficus

Post by Merloficus »

Like just about everyone here i guess :lol: I too find her a bit young looking. Though i actualy do like the look, only her breasts seem a wee bit on the 'large' side. But that's just me, never liked big melons.
Also like her eyes in this, being blind n all it suits her imo
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Too much hair, eyes are off, not a fan of the shorter skirt...And she looks oddly young. Definitely prefer the final version.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Walshy12238

Post by Walshy12238 »

This version of Lilly looks about 3-4 years younger than the final version... I definitely prefer the final cut version.

You know after really looking at it she doesn't even look like the same character: I think someone said it before but I can't imagine this Lilly having the same personality as regular Lilly. That's just what I think, anyway :P
Lilly > Hanako=Emi > Shizune > Rin
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Let's toss in a few other pictures real quick.

A direct comparison.

And to see how she looks standing next to some of the others.

One thing I do like about the older style is that Lilly actually looks pale. They mentioned her being pale a few times in the game, but she never really looked any more pale than anybody else. Even Hanako was supposed to have a darker complexion than her (no jokes, please) but sprite wise it looked just the opposite.

I think I also like how her hair actually looks a bit messier, although she does have a bit too much hair on her head.
Not Dead Yet
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Walshy12238 wrote:This version of Lilly looks about 3-4 years younger than the final version... I definitely prefer the final cut version.

You know after really looking at it she doesn't even look like the same character: I think someone said it before but I can't imagine this Lilly having the same personality as regular Lilly. That's just what I think, anyway :P
I could see this Lilly being kind of a bitch. :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."