Is KS fandom dying?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Walshy12238

Re: Is KS fandom dying?

Post by Walshy12238 »

MegaMoto wrote:I see new people joining the forums every day. Perhaps KS has run it's course in the outer circle and will become a cult thing with die hard fans always visiting the forums. To put it simply KS will always have fans who will to talk with each other for a long time yet besides I'm sure 4 Leaf will have a new VN eventually that we can talk about. I know I'm not going anywhere anytime soon. This is the first forums I've ever stayed on for more then a week. Be nice to have some new good fanfiction though.
I'm also in the process of writing some, and it should be up within the next couple of days (except I really shouldn't make promises, writer's block seems to love me these days). Hopefully it's worth reading, I've never really had anyone critique my stuff before. Maybe people will find it interesting :D
Lilly > Hanako=Emi > Shizune > Rin
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Walshy12238 wrote:
MegaMoto wrote:I see new people joining the forums every day. Perhaps KS has run it's course in the outer circle and will become a cult thing with die hard fans always visiting the forums. To put it simply KS will always have fans who will to talk with each other for a long time yet besides I'm sure 4 Leaf will have a new VN eventually that we can talk about. I know I'm not going anywhere anytime soon. This is the first forums I've ever stayed on for more then a week. Be nice to have some new good fanfiction though.
I'm also in the process of writing some, and it should be up within the next couple of days (except I really shouldn't make promises, writer's block seems to love me these days). Hopefully it's worth reading, I've never really had anyone critique my stuff before. Maybe people will find it interesting :D
Welcome to the wonderful world of writing fanfics. Writer's block will be your greatest enemy :lol:
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Walshy12238

Post by Walshy12238 »

Steinherz wrote:
Walshy12238 wrote:
Welcome to the wonderful world of writing fanfics. Writer's block will be your greatest enemy :lol:
Why thank you :P I don't think I need to tell you how much writer's block sucks when all you want to do is sit down and write (hint: it's a lot).
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Oddball wrote: Honestly, all the off topic and jokey stuff kinda drives me away from posting her as much as I used to.

It's hard to get any kind of discussion actually going if two posts into a topic somebody decides to highjack it with bad jokes.

I have to admit I'm the same way. I thought it was just me since I do have a tendency to take things I like too seriously. I didn't want to be accunsed of needing to relax or lighten up.

I do love it when we get a new member, and get a chance to talk seriously about KS. But new members seem to be few and far between these days.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

People come and go. So does the wind. And waves. And other things that I'm too lazy to list.

---------
I kinda-sorta lost interest in KS, but I still come to the forums to see what the peoples have to say. I bypass most of 'em because I'm too lazy and uninterested to read their lengthy opinions.
Solistor

Post by Solistor »

Would you give up your memories of Katawa Shoujo for a chance to play with fresh eyes again?
Telnaior

Post by Telnaior »

pandaphil wrote:I do love it when we get a new member, and get a chance to talk seriously about KS. But new members seem to be few and far between these days.
Ah, this could be a problem. When I enter an established fandom like I did about a week ago here, I tend to assume that everyone's sick to death of discussing the same old things about the original work. I know not everyone is like this, but I tend to just look for the existing dynamic and try to merge into it. That rather precludes the "serious" talk about KS. (Well, except that Shizune's path is still best path no matter what anyone says)
Completion: Emi-Shizune-Lilly-Shizune(again)-Hanako-Rin
Enjoyability: Shizune>>Lilly>Hanako>Rin>>Emi
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Telnaior wrote:
pandaphil wrote:I do love it when we get a new member, and get a chance to talk seriously about KS. But new members seem to be few and far between these days.
Ah, this could be a problem. When I enter an established fandom like I did about a week ago here, I tend to assume that everyone's sick to death of discussing the same old things about the original work. I know not everyone is like this, but I tend to just look for the existing dynamic and try to merge into it. That rather precludes the "serious" talk about KS. (Well, except that Shizune's path is still best path no matter what anyone says)
By all means, say what you want to say.
Not Dead Yet
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Well, I'm still WoW-ing. KS isn't that kind of series that goes on and on, and Silentcook and Co. already made it clear that the story's closed for them. I'll have memories, and the "where are they now?" muse once in a while. Oh, and the girls as death knights. Never old, that one.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Oddball wrote:
By all means, say what you want to say.
What he said. I'm more interested in fresh thoughts and opinions.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Walshy12238

Post by Walshy12238 »

Telnaior wrote:
There is a fair point being made here
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Sooner or later all fandoms "die" so the answer is "yes."
I see no indication that this andom is going to die anytime soon, though.
There are still to many posts here for me to even try to keep up with, so I mostly only keep up with the fanfiction section and even there posting seems to be strong as ever if not more so.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Arguably, everything is dying - which is to say, moving toward death - from the moment it comes into existence.

This somewhat morbid pseudo-philosophical moment brought to you by writer's block laziness both. I should be writing out Yuuko's first appearance in this fanfic... :lol: Tomorrow, I swear.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Walshy12238

Post by Walshy12238 »

Xanatos wrote:Arguably, everything is dying - which is to say, moving toward death - from the moment it comes into existence.

This somewhat morbid pseudo-philosophical moment brought to you by writer's block laziness both. I should be writing out Yuuko's first appearance in this fanfic... :lol: Tomorrow, I swear.
Work through it, friend; don't let it stop you, that's what it wants!
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

I was an Active poster for about 10 months, but now real life takes over + there are too many "new" discussions that I've seen Before and too many threads that I see no point in making. I pretty much only come here for the fics nowadays. :(
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)