Recommend a VN

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Auratus

Re: Recommend a VN

Post by Auratus »

Halfway through Meakashi. or should I say rerun of Watanagashi in another perspective, I already reached halfway of where should be Watanagashi arc. I guess. Sonozaki family is awesome, especially Shion I wish I can start a family like that. :D
EDIT : Quit after saw "Rika-plus" Kill her, Kill her before she lays egg.
I want to make Thai Translation of KS alone and protesting with this signature.

Unofficially Demanding. Temporary even-more malfunctioned in English Grammar.

Introducing one of the few thread of it's kind that bring the world together. Wait, Whatever then.
Flutterz

Post by Flutterz »

Auratus wrote:EDIT : Quit after saw "Rika-plus" Kill her, Kill her before she lays egg.
Don't worry, she's already laid a ton of eggs. :twisted:
Completed VNs: VNDB
Currently Reading: ef- a fairy tale of the two
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

I'm thinking of doing a route in LB Ecstasy, because of a dream I had. The question is when I'll do this. How long is the avarage route if you use auto mode? :)
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
Flutterz

Post by Flutterz »

OtakuNinja wrote:I'm thinking of doing a route in LB Ecstasy, because of a dream I had. The question is when I'll do this. How long is the avarage route if you use auto mode? :)
What kind of dream did you have that made you want to do a route specific to EX? o_O

And I'm afraid I can't answer your question - I have absolutely no clue how long any VN actually took me. :p
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Flutterz wrote:
OtakuNinja wrote:I'm thinking of doing a route in LB Ecstasy, because of a dream I had. The question is when I'll do this. How long is the avarage route if you use auto mode? :)
What kind of dream did you have that made you want to do a route specific to EX? o_O
I dreamt about the sleepover episode (if you've seen the anime?). Ecstasy is the only copy of the VN I have on my computer, so I didn't specifically want a route from EX. :lol:
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
Flutterz

Post by Flutterz »

OtakuNinja wrote:
Flutterz wrote:
I dreamt about the sleepover episode (if you've seen the anime?). Ecstasy is the only copy of the VN I have on my computer, so I didn't specifically want a route from EX. :lol:
I love that scene. :D I'm pretty sure it appears in all of the main routes, but I don't know if it appears in any of the EX routes since they haven't been translated yet.
Flutterz

Post by Flutterz »

Alright, I've finally finished Umineko no Naku Koro ni! And I say "finally" not because it was boring but because I've had a ton of other stuff to do and I could only read an hour or two a day, if not less, so it took a little over a month to finish. Umineko is similar to Higurashi (duh) in a few things, mostly in how the entire VN is like a game between the author and the reader, but while the story itself may seem similar at first, it's actually very different and it seems to purposely make you suspect the same tricks that were used in Higurashi, only to prove you wrong. So if you've enjoyed Higurashi you'll most likely enjoy Umineko, and if you haven't played Higurashi before Umineko, you probably should.

Not sure what I'm going to do next, I want a bit of a break before I do Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru. Maybe I'll pick up Shuffle! or something...
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Flutterz wrote:Alright, I've finally finished Umineko no Naku Koro ni! And I say "finally" not because it was boring but because I've had a ton of other stuff to do and I could only read an hour or two a day, if not less, so it took a little over a month to finish. Umineko is similar to Higurashi (duh) in a few things, mostly in how the entire VN is like a game between the author and the reader, but while the story itself may seem similar at first, it's actually very different and it seems to purposely make you suspect the same tricks that were used in Higurashi, only to prove you wrong. So if you've enjoyed Higurashi you'll most likely enjoy Umineko, and if you haven't played Higurashi before Umineko, you probably should.

Not sure what I'm going to do next, I want a bit of a break before I do Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru. Maybe I'll pick up Shuffle! or something...
I have a question for you related to Umineko. It's the one question no-one has yet to answer:
Zepar and Furfur who's the male, who's the female? :lol:
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Steinherz wrote:
Flutterz wrote:Alright, I've finally finished Umineko no Naku Koro ni! And I say "finally" not because it was boring but because I've had a ton of other stuff to do and I could only read an hour or two a day, if not less, so it took a little over a month to finish. Umineko is similar to Higurashi (duh) in a few things, mostly in how the entire VN is like a game between the author and the reader, but while the story itself may seem similar at first, it's actually very different and it seems to purposely make you suspect the same tricks that were used in Higurashi, only to prove you wrong. So if you've enjoyed Higurashi you'll most likely enjoy Umineko, and if you haven't played Higurashi before Umineko, you probably should.

I have a question for you related to Umineko. It's the one question no-one has yet to answer:
Furfur's the female.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Flutterz

Post by Flutterz »

Steinherz wrote:

They actually don't appear in the first game, so I have no idea who they are :p
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Flutterz wrote:
Steinherz wrote:I have a question for you related to Umineko. It's the one question no-one has yet to answer:
They actually don't appear in the first game, so I have no idea who they are :p
They've confused many a player :lol:

I personally believe they're both the female sex but one of them views herself as male.
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Eureka_seveN77

Post by Eureka_seveN77 »

Anyone here gotten around to playing school days?
HANAKO ALL THE WAY
Hanako>Those other sluts
Telnaior

Post by Telnaior »

I personally think that Furfur is the male (Zepar female), and that Lion's a girl too. I know I'm going against the trend, but that's my opinion.
(Also, is it just me or does Lilly have every witch trait? Regularly drinks black tea, likes mystery novels, permanent "creepyeyes", butterflies, plays chess, I smell a fanfic brewing. Speaking of which, Shizune is a lot like Mion. I think I just saw a LOT of When They Cry references that probably weren't intentional.)
Completion: Emi-Shizune-Lilly-Shizune(again)-Hanako-Rin
Enjoyability: Shizune>>Lilly>Hanako>Rin>>Emi
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Telnaior wrote:I personally think that Furfur is the male (Zepar female), and that Lion's a girl too. I know I'm going against the trend, but that's my opinion.
(Also, is it just me or does Lilly have every witch trait? Regularly drinks black tea, likes mystery novels, permanent "creepyeyes", butterflies, plays chess, I smell a fanfic brewing. Speaking of which, Shizune is a lot like Mion. I think I just saw a LOT of When They Cry references that probably weren't intentional.)
I'd imagine Lilly drinks a variety of tea, given her fondness for it.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Telnaior

Post by Telnaior »

(From Presents and Presence)
This is the only time a specific variety is mentioned, I'm pretty sure, and it says black right there.

...maybe I'm still on a high from having read Umineko just a few months before KS, but it's definitely all there!
Completion: Emi-Shizune-Lilly-Shizune(again)-Hanako-Rin
Enjoyability: Shizune>>Lilly>Hanako>Rin>>Emi