Fun with Photoshop

Are you a deviant enough dude to post here?
Snicket

Re: Fun with Photoshop

Post by Snicket »

@VR,

all i can do is give your Gundam cross over a try, but its currently sits last one the list. So i may not get to it for awhile.
Validus Razgriz

Post by Validus Razgriz »

Hey, no worries! Take your time.
"We all suffer from the preoccupation that there exists... in the loved one, perfection."
kobe

Post by kobe »

gf13-066no.jpg
I LOL'd, srsly, what...the...heck? I've been to the netherlands (the border is maybe 50 miles away from where i live)...they should have at least made it one of those modern, 3-bladed windmills which have a slick look to it.
abscess

Post by abscess »

I have another request (if it's okay)!
Kenji as Old Snake. That could be awesome.
Siiiiigh....
Validus Razgriz

kobe wrote:
gf13-066no.jpg
I LOL'd, srsly, what...the...heck? I've been to the netherlands (the border is maybe 50 miles away from where i live)...they should have at least made it one of those modern, 3-bladed windmills which have a slick look to it.
That's the model number for Neo-Holland's/Netherlands' mobile fighter (what they call mecha in G Gundam).

GF13-066NO Nether Gundam
http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/g/gf13-066no.htm
"We all suffer from the preoccupation that there exists... in the loved one, perfection."
abscess

Post by abscess »

Validus Razgriz wrote:
kobe wrote:
gf13-066no.jpg
That's the model number for Neo-Holland's/Netherlands' mobile fighter (what they call mecha in G Gundam).

GF13-066NO Nether Gundam
I thought that mecha was a joke. G Gundam is seriously that bad?
Siiiiigh....
Rednal

Post by Rednal »

I believe that machine APPEARED... doesn't mean it was particularly important. ^^; I believe the idea was to make them all Country-themed, and Holland is famous for its Windmills, so...

G Gundam was kind of weird, yes, and not the best Gundam series, but I've seen worse shows.
Validus Razgriz

abscess wrote:I thought that mecha was a joke. G Gundam is seriously that bad?
Rednal wrote:I believe that machine APPEARED... doesn't mean it was particularly important. ^^; I believe the idea was to make them all Country-themed, and Holland is famous for its Windmills, so...

G Gundam was kind of weird, yes, and not the best Gundam series, but I've seen worse shows.
Yes, that was seriously in the show, but it wasn't very important to the plot at all.

The main characters were from Japan, America, China, Russia, and France. The only other important countries were Hong Kong (the anime was made before Hong Kong became part of China), Germany, and Sweden. Every other country was simply another opponent for one of the main characters.

Like I said, I watched the show as a comedy. It was the only way I could enjoy it. If you want to watch a Gundam show that actually is good, I suggest watching the show that started it all, the original Mobile Suit Gundam.

Edit: Here's one of the ads for MSG when it first was shown on Toonami. It gives you an idea of the overall plot of the series.

And yes, that is Light Yagami from Death Note who plays the voice of Amuro Ray, lol
Snicket

Post by Snicket »

@Dwarf,
Here you go..i guess. I really didn't have much to work with on this one. The only pictures i could find for Aiko, were ones of here in a long dress. which kinda made it kinda odd to work with. I waqs going try and make it look like a long dress, but didn't have much luck

quick shop not to familiar with the series, so i just used what i could find. total time 10 minutes
Cernd

Post by Cernd »

Since its sort of on topic, what do you guys think of this wallpaper I threw together while I was bored?
I think I did an alright job, but I'm by no means an expert at photoshop.

I'd like to hear your critiques.

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, exhibit number one is what the seraphs, the misinformed, simple, noble-winged seraphs, envied. Look at this tangle of thorns.
Snicket

Post by Snicket »

not bad, the only thing i can suggest is that you try the font used in the game. (you can find it in the date fold, on what ever drive you installed the game on) Thats only if you want to see how it works.

Heres something i whiped up in a few minutes

U.T. Raptor

Post by U.T. Raptor »

abscess wrote:I thought that mecha was a joke. G Gundam is seriously that bad?
G Gundam is actually awesome.
vaen

Post by vaen »

Validus Razgriz wrote:
kobe wrote:
gf13-066no.jpg

GF13-066NO Nether Gundam
I just read the Technical and Historical Notes on that page. man that is really really pathetic :D
they should have went with the flying dutchmen theme. with massive lazer cannons instead of regular cannons and go all mothership on their asses.
oh well.
Dwarf

Post by Dwarf »

Snicket wrote:@Dwarf,
Here you go..i guess. I really didn't have much to work with on this one. The only pictures i could find for Aiko, were ones of here in a long dress. which kinda made it kinda odd to work with. I waqs going try and make it look like a long dress, but didn't have much luck

quick shop not to familiar with the series, so i just used what i could find. total time 10 minutes
Nicely done. Thumbs up, man
Last edited by Silentcook on Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: DON'T quote images that were just posted, people...
kyuven

Post by kyuven »

vaen wrote:
Validus Razgriz wrote:
kobe wrote:
gf13-066no.jpg

GF13-066NO Nether Gundam
I just read the Technical and Historical Notes on that page. man that is really really pathetic :D
they should have went with the flying dutchmen theme. with massive lazer cannons instead of regular cannons and go all mothership on their asses.
oh well.
considering they were like world wide UFC fights with giant robots, there were probably size and weaponry constraints, plus with too many armaments you can't move around easily.