KeiichiO

Re: KS2Android [WORKING Android "port"]

Post by KeiichiO »

Xanatos wrote:It's called "technology". Scary, innit? :wink:
Technology is scary. Especially Uncanny Valley. *Shivers*
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Carighan wrote:I have in my pocket a device I can use to access the entirety of human knowledge. I usually use it to look at cute pictures of kittens and get into an argument with someone I don't actually know.

:P
I use it to listen to singing robots and Sir Ian McKellen talk about becoming a prince.
Last edited by Xanatos on Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Xanatos wrote:
Carighan wrote:I have in my pocket a device I can use to access the entirety of human knowledge. I usually use it to look at cute pictures of kittens and get into an argument with someone I don't actually know.

:P
I use it to listen to singing robots and Sir Ian McKellen talk about becoming a prince.
>Obligatory Steam Powered Giraffe post.
rockin robin

Post by rockin robin »

If I wanted someone to blow smoke up my ads I'd ask my boyfriend.

I've never heard of team viewer before, that was the reaction.
I kenji's worst nightmare! A FEMINIST!!
have a tracheo-osoephagul puncture.
three years with simmr001 10/06/13
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

rockin robin wrote:If I wanted someone to blow smoke up my ads I'd ask my boyfriend.
I don't get it...
rockin robin

Post by rockin robin »

KeiichiO wrote:
rockin robin wrote:If I wanted someone to blow smoke up my ads I'd ask my boyfriend.
I don't get it...

...neither do I. Fucking kindle changed the wording. :P

It was meant to be a sarcastic retort but is a word salad sentence now.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

rockin robin wrote:
KeiichiO wrote:
I don't get it...

I'd imagine a word salad wouldn't taste too good.
rockin robin

Post by rockin robin »

KeiichiO wrote:[quote="rockin robin

I'd imagine a word salad wouldn't taste too good.[/quote]

I'll ask simmr one of his conditions is pica
Spunktroap

Post by Spunktroap »

Xbox homebrew is also illegal, as almost every port was built using official Microsoft's SDK, given only to licensed game studios - of course most of the hombrew makers aquired it illegaly, and every binary built that way is also illegal.
But screw that, thanks to it xbox is an awesome console for emulating old systems. Also XBMC project would never start, and now it's the most popular open-source media center. Yeah, there are plenty of such examples of good hacks which were not officialy supported and even illegal, but one could make use of it for it's own sake.
Oh yes. Regarding KS - yeah, every KS modification is illegal, but do you think 4LS would sue anyone? I don't think so, even Microsoft couldn't do anything about hackers, beside denying warranty service. KS ports are just unofficial. I don't see a problem if anyone would distribute it on his own FTP and maybe some disclaimer that it's not approved by 4LS (but more for user aknowledgment, than any legas reasons). I can even make some debian packages of KS dependant on renpy from debian repo to prove my words.
Also, installing scripts are perfectly fine, as long as they don't provide any original KS data
Ritter Delorges

Post by Ritter Delorges »

What exactly is your point? You acknowledge that it is illegal and you know that it is against the wishes of the copyright holders. If you are trying to convince someone, then telling them how little you care about their rights and their wishes is rarely a good idea. If you just want to let people know that you are willing and able to violate a software license, then please excuse my relative lack of surprise. If you hope for a groundswell of support from others, then I am not sure I would hold my breath.
ShadeHaven

Post by ShadeHaven »

Inb4lock

wazuzu

Post by wazuzu »

Inb4 no.

Though my post with links pointing to something called "VNDS interpreter" and "things that resemble visual novels adapted to be read with said "VNDS interpreter"" was removed within hours. This persists for almost 2 years.
Atario

Post by Atario »

The fact that Delta pointed out like a million messages ago that this sort of work does not violate the license doesn't seem to stop a million messages being posted leaping to the devs' unneeded defense. That's kinda funny.

To those saying making something that screws with the game's files also constitutes a "derivative work": that's ludicrous. If that were true, the existence of 7zip would be a violation, since it can zip the game folder, resulting in a derivative zip file; as would any hex editor, since hex editors can make arbitrary changes to any file, also resulting in an arbitrary (indeed, given patience, every possible) derivative work.

Cries of "because they said so and you're a dick if you even think of doing anything they don't like" are stupid and childish. Let's say for the sake of argument that they like us to, for example, play the game ourselves and draw our own conclusions. Would that make us dicks for talking about it with each other on online fora, thus influencing one another's perceptions of the game and violating that wish? C'mon. The devs are great, but they're not your gods.

Finally, I can fully see why they don't want nor like the idea of a phone port even if it were to work perfectly; it's really going to ruin the immersion for you to be standing on a train platform, reading your heroine's tender confession of love to you in-between blaring PA announcements and the wet, hacking coughs of that guy a few feet to your left. But as Delta said, they can't stop you from ruining it for yourself if you're determined enough.
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
Spunktroap

Post by Spunktroap »

Atario wrote:Cries of "because they said so and you're a dick if you even think of doing anything they don't like" are stupid and childish. Let's say for the sake of argument that they like us to, for example, play the game ourselves and draw our own conclusions. Would that make us dicks for talking about it with each other on online fora, thus influencing one another's perceptions of the game and violating that wish? C'mon. The devs are great, but they're not your gods.
You're the last sane man in an insane world Image
Atario wrote:Finally, I can fully see why they don't want nor like the idea of a phone port even if it were to work perfectly; it's really going to ruin the immersion for you to be standing on a train platform, reading your heroine's tender confession of love to you in-between blaring PA announcements and the wet, hacking coughs of that guy a few feet to your left. But as Delta said, they can't stop you from ruining it for yourself if you're determined enough.
Actually, you can get the same immersion playing on a notebook, or just reading any romantic story.
There is that thing, named "focus" which makes that coughing guy transparent to you
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Atario wrote:Finally, I can fully see why they don't want nor like the idea of a phone port even if it were to work perfectly; it's really going to ruin the immersion for you to be standing on a train platform, reading your heroine's tender confession of love to you in-between blaring PA announcements and the wet, hacking coughs of that guy a few feet to your left. But as Delta said, they can't stop you from ruining it for yourself if you're determined enough.
You're totally wrong about this. If a mobile port that filled our requirements was possible to make without unreasonable effort, we'd likely have made it ourselves ages ago. If it comes to pass that Ren'py is developed to the point where we can pull off a satisfactory port, we'll consider doing it. But yeah, why would we want to dictate where people play KS? That'd be snobby, insane and impossible. We only wish that people do not make a decidedly subpar port that would be an inferior (and as the current most-feasible port options go, incomplete) experience to the readers who'd opt to read the port instead of the actual version. We've thought about our stance in length and very carefully, don't mistake our very curt, kinda stonewalling replies for lack of understanding the porting issues. This thread hasn't been locked (again) exactly because we aren't against discussion on the topic as long as it's somehow sane (which this thread really is not and was locked for in the first place)

As for this:
Cries of "because they said so and you're a dick if you even think of doing anything they don't like" are stupid and childish. Let's say for the sake of argument that they like us to, for example, play the game ourselves and draw our own conclusions. Would that make us dicks for talking about it with each other on online fora, thus influencing one another's perceptions of the game and violating that wish? C'mon. The devs are great, but they're not your gods.
Your "counterargument" is a strawman of the worst kind and unrelated to the argument. We wouldn't have any rights to ask people something like that. You're still a dick if you breach a very reasonable license of a visual novel that was released in good faith and for free.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents