Emi inspired running/workout

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Lodin

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by Lodin »

It's been nagging at me awhile now, after playing Emi's route (and seeing the Couch-to-5k poster), that I want to exercise more.

I did a number on my knees back in high school during Track. Wrecked my growth plates, even after not being active for so many years they just ache for no reason. I feel running is right out of the equation at this point in time, and am saving up for a bike to use for cardio instead.

In the meantime, I feel it's time I start working towards one of my longtime dream goals.

I want to be able to do handstand pushups.

So I'm going off the 100 Pushup challenge poster and starting today! I begin at week 3, and I'll post here to keep me honest on how it goes (at least until the habit is formed.)
Lodin

Post by Lodin »

Aaaand Day 2 is a failure. I gave myself a day of rest after the first day, and my arms just couldn't finish their first rep. So one more day of rest and healing I hope, and I'll try again tomorrow.
Sk3tch

Post by Sk3tch »

Lodin wrote:Aaaand Day 2 is a failure. I gave myself a day of rest after the first day, and my arms just couldn't finish their first rep. So one more day of rest and healing I hope, and I'll try again tomorrow.
Just keep at it!
No-one here started off at the top, through persistence and hard work each person climbs their way up. If you stick to it eventually you will reach your goal. And good luck with it too!
I've been trying to do those too but I have trouble keeping a regular handstand without falling over.
Emi Couch to 5k : W4D1 Completed
basmimarsinan

Post by basmimarsinan »

I have been repeating W3D3 of 100 push-up challenge 5 times now. Although I could complete it 3 times out of that 5, I want to repeat it a few more times, until I get really comfortable with that set.

Running has been going quite smoothly. We completed W5D2 last night. If I can do W5D3 I'll have pretty much achieved my goal.
gRaViJa

Post by gRaViJa »

I did the 5k and 100pushups last year and got some good results (see sig)... Now I havent ran or did any pushups since january. I really should start doing this again, isn't it?
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!
6k personal record: 29m07
5k personal record: 27m48
1 mile personal record: 6m59

100 push-up challenge
Week 7: 25/25/25/25
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

gRaViJa wrote:I really should start doing this again, isn't it?
Uh...Sure. XD

Those results'll go to shit if you just stop, after all.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Sk3tch

Post by Sk3tch »

Alright, now that graduation, moving, and sickness (Bleh XP) are all over with it's time to get back into the routine. I'll be with you all out on the track tomorrow morning.

Also, as a side note, Xan, your signature. What the fuck did I just read?
Lodin

Post by Lodin »

Thanks for the encouraging words!

Unfortunately, after about a week of letting my arms heal, I can't even finish Day 1 Week 1.

I guess I'll just attempt it again in a couple days. My upper body is definitely looking more toned from the attempts, so I bet it's just overexertion trauma. :?
Sk3tch

Post by Sk3tch »

Based off of how exhausted I am after today's run, I'm going to need to repeat this week. Perhaps twice. Taking that break really killed my endurance XP.
In other news though, run was nice, weather is perfect right now. Nice and cool, not hot, light breeze. Awww yeahh.
HurricaneHarvey

Post by HurricaneHarvey »

Just checking in. I still check the thread daily although I never have anything to say. Good to see people still going and new people still coming in.
Sorry for my grammar and spelling. I am not very good at those...
Lodin

Post by Lodin »

Just an update - I've gotten a bike now, but right afterwards I got a nasty unrelated gash on my leg so putting horizontal pressure on it is really bad.

Strangely enough I can still ride my bike so I'm still being active, but I'll have to restart the pushup challenge once it heals a bit more. :(
wyrda78

Post by wyrda78 »

I'm not sure if it's a coincidence or not, but I've been exercising ever since I started Kawata Shoujo. I've been riding my bike every night, beats running. And there's nothing like the cool air blowing in your face as you speed down a hill at night.

Over the past few months I've been quite inactive; I've become quite out of shape. I can definitely sympathize with Hisao on that part, but my reason for being unfit is more due to laziness than being hospitalized :roll:. I guess Kawata Shoujo has made me realise that I need to do something about more my health. My thanks to the 4LS team.
Sk3tch

Post by Sk3tch »

Today was nice, got my buddy to go running with me.

Anyone else run with a friend or do most of you guys fly solo?
Umber

Post by Umber »

Sk3tch wrote: Anyone else run with a friend or do most of you guys fly solo?
I try, but most of them lose the motivation to keep going after a day/week or two. They prefer that I just run to their house instead.
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.
Emi Ibarazaki

Post by Emi Ibarazaki »

Guess the summer's a good of time as any to start this... wish me luck, hopefully I can get fit.