Katawa Shoujo Figures

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

LordShogun

Re: Katawa Shoujo Figures

Post by LordShogun »

delta wrote:You just made me regret that I worked 5 years on this game for $0, congratulations. Just goes to show that if you don't whore out your own work, someone will do it for you.

But, in the process, you've achieved the right to say, that you own hundreds of thousands of peoples still beating hearts! :D
Rin > Shizune > Emi > Lilly > Hanako
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

delta wrote:You just made me regret that I worked 5 years on this game for $0, congratulations.
If it makes you feel better, I'll give you a dollar if you ever find yourself in Florida.
Not Dead Yet
Markus Ramikin

Post by Markus Ramikin »

...that's a nice figure.

Very nice. But yeah, pricey.

It's kinda sad that in the hypothetical world where the devs' feelings are fully respected, it doesn't exist.
Lilly=Emi=Hanako>Rin >>... ...

My stories are: here.
ThatLankyBastard

Post by ThatLankyBastard »

pandaphil wrote:A couple hundred dollars seems a bit rich to me. Why not just go with a 3D printing company? I could see creating the prototype costing a hundred dollars or so, but after that you should be able to crank out as many copies as you want for just a few dollars.

http://3d.about.com/od/FAQ/a/3d-Printin ... turing.htm

But yeah, I never got why there hasn't been any merchandise. All I can figure is there were some legal hassles involved.
I seriously considered getting a 3d printer, but decided against it...
... thinking back, I had a very valid reason not to... I just can't remember what it is right now...
delta wrote:You just made me regret that I worked 5 years on this game for $0, congratulations. Just goes to show that if you don't whore out your own work, someone will do it for you.
Sorry dude, wasn't thinking about that when I had it made...
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

If I had a few thousand to spare I would definitely invest in a 3d printer.

I'm not really angry, just frustrated is all. I want KS figures, t-shirts, posters, etc, and would quite literally throw my money at the Devs if they were to offer such things.
Last edited by pandaphil on Fri May 24, 2013 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
ThatLankyBastard

pandaphil wrote:If I had a few thousand to spare I would definitely invest in a 3d printer.

I'm not really angry, just frustrated is all. I would love to have KS figures, t-shirts, posters, etc, and would quite literally throw my money at the devs if they were to offer such things.
I agree... If the devs could figure out some way to sell merchandise, i would immediately jump on the bandwagon.
LordShogun

Post by LordShogun »

pandaphil wrote:If I had a few thousand to spare I would definitely invest in a 3d printer.

I'm not really angry, just frustrated is all. I want KS figures, t-shirts, posters, etc, and would quite literally throw my money at the Devs if they were to offer such things.
I'd have no complaints if it were to happen, that's for sure.
Rin > Shizune > Emi > Lilly > Hanako
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

I was going to say that I could never imagine paying more than $50 for a figurine that's just going to sit on my shelf.

But then I remembered a Kickstarter campaign which included a figurine. Looking at the price difference between my pledge and the pledge level which has everything except the figurine, it's $100. So I guess I've paid that much for a figurine. The first figurine I've ever bought, actually.

It's like my thoughts when I see swords at conventions I go to. I think, "That would be cool to own a sword." But then I think, "What the hell am I going to do with a sword? It's not like I have practical things to do with it; it's not like I can carry it around with me (this was even before 9/11); it's not like I have an area to display it."

So the replica Civil War cavalry saber which someone gave me sits in the corner of my room and satisfies any urge I have to own a sword. :)

But the figurine I'm getting is a character from my favorite webcomic, which gets monthly monetary support from me. 8)
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
DuaneMoody

Post by DuaneMoody »

delta wrote:Image
gooby pls
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

There are some amazing figurines out there. Unfortunately the really good ones run into the $80 to over $100 range. Me, I have around 40 or so. Most were fairly inexpensive, around the $20 range. I think the priciest one was $60.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
BlackWaltzTheThird

Post by BlackWaltzTheThird »

When considering the cost, one must remember that oftentimes figurines are mass-produced in factories, hence the low pricetag. The OP's figurine is one of a kind, hand crafted, and so it justifies a much higher price. Keep in mind I'm not saying that that price is justified, merely that a greater price than other figurines is.
BlackWaltz's One-stop Oneshot Shop - my fanfiction portal topic. Contains links to all my previous works, plus starting now any new ones I may produce (or reproduce)! Please, check it out!

BlackWaltz's Pastebin - for those who prefer to read things with no formatting and stuff. It's mostly the same as in my thread. Also contains assorted other writing!
ThatLankyBastard

BlackWaltzTheThird wrote:When considering the cost, one must remember that oftentimes figurines are mass-produced in factories, hence the low pricetag. The OP's figurine is one of a kind, hand crafted, and so it justifies a much higher price. Keep in mind I'm not saying that that price is justified, merely that a greater price than other figurines is.
If it makes it any better, when I said 700$, that was EVERYTHING included. The price for the figure was "only" 400$. The custom base was 80$. transition of Canadian to US funds added another 20 on there. Shipping the damn thing was 150 FUCKING dollars (a price they didn't tell me until after the figure was made). And finally, because I had to wire the money directly to their account (twice, once for the figure and again for shipping), I had to pay my bank 30$ per wire (60$ total).

this time through, assuming I get another figure, I know what to expect, and will be saving a crap tonne of money. i expect to pay about 400$ total for it, maybe less.

Edit: It should be noted that for the 150$ I payed for shipping, the figure arrived in 2 business days... I buy a lot of things online, and that is pretty damn fast! Especially when it's coming from Mainland China...
Pascalla

Post by Pascalla »

I don't even like spending $5 on a combo at a fast food restaurant.
Heck, I'll make my own figure out of um...makeshift things.

But I have to say; that is one awesome Rin figure.
Those eyes, just wow. There is something about it that makes me want it...not that I need more stuff to take up space.
ImageViolently sob as you begin to nod at some of the things that Kenji is saying.Image
ThatLankyBastard

Pascalla wrote:I don't even like spending $5 on a combo at a fast food restaurant.
Heck, I'll make my own figure out of um...makeshift things.

But I have to say; that is one awesome Rin figure.
Those eyes, just wow. There is something about it that makes me want it...not that I need more stuff to take up space.
The Rin's irises are actually greener then they look in the pic (the camera that took the pic skews the colors a bit)
Pascalla

Post by Pascalla »

ThatLankyBastard wrote:The Rin's irises are actually greener then they look in the pic (the camera that took the pic skews the colors a bit)
Pretty eyes either way! O: The expression is very Rin-like. I really like it.
ImageViolently sob as you begin to nod at some of the things that Kenji is saying.Image