Hanako's Broken Heart Club

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Wanderingheartache

Re: Hanako's Broken Heart Club

Post by Wanderingheartache »

So, you know how I said I was going to let things just go the way they were naturally going to go and just leave Hungary to be ruined by Pythagoras' torture? Yeah... I just got a phone call from Hungary's father telling me he's going to come to Texas to sort things out with me. He wouldn't give any details but naturally it's possibly going to be some concerned dad stuff... I had no idea he lived out of state or that her parents were divorced, I'd never actually been inside her house but I met her mother once at a fabric store. (she's a nice lady, was going to help me learn how to make costumes and stuff more efficiently since she runs a tailoring service... I never got the chance to take her up on her offer)

Anyway, according to the source that keeps feeding me the journal entries... Pythagoras had convinced Hungary to appeal to her father and get him to deal with me. How he got my number I have no idea but it looks like I'll have to be facing a very tense situation, I don't know what ideas have been planted in her father's head... but I must be prepared for anything. I do not know this man and I was not going to give him my address... so I told him to meet me at a park near my house, it's in a very well populated area considering there is an elementary school across the street from it and houses everywhere. As much as I'm hoping that this will just be a talk among men, I am going to be on my guard just in case he's an irrational brute... I'm not going to be entirely alone as I have asked for some friends who live in the area to keep an eye on me and record any evidence should the police be involved.

I will admit, I'm scared... I'm very terrified but I'm not going to drag my family into my problems. From the sound of his voice on the phone, this man seems like a very rational person... he only gave off the vibe of concerned parent and I respect that. I will try to convince him that I'm not the one bullying his daughter and I hope he can talk some sense into his daughter and see what kind of a person she's been dating... I am hoping that he will see through the lies like a true intuitive father and understand that I was already moving on and didn't want to deal with the vendetta his daughter's "boyfriend" has with me.
I was drawn to this for a reason, the name I picked was for a reason deeper than I can actually think of... Yamaku is not just a fantasy to me.

(no avatar, I choose to be faceless willingly...)
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Wanderingheartache wrote:I'm not going to be entirely alone as I have asked for some friends who live in the area to keep an eye on me and record any evidence should the police be involved.
No offense but your friends tend to be weak-willed easily-manipulated idiots judging from the initial tale. I'd have stuck with family. :lol: At any rate, good luck. Keep on your guard and if worse comes to worse, let the guy land at least one hit before you get the hell outta there. That way it's assault.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Wanderingheartache

Xanatos wrote:
Wanderingheartache wrote:I'm not going to be entirely alone as I have asked for some friends who live in the area to keep an eye on me and record any evidence should the police be involved.
No offense but your friends tend to be weak-willed easily-manipulated idiots judging from the initial tale. I'd have stuck with family. :lol: At any rate, good luck. Keep on your guard and if worse comes to worse, let the guy land at least one hit before you get the hell outta there. That way it's assault.
Different group of friends, not even aware of the people who betrayed me... and I don't plan on fighting back or running. Kyra's worried for my life and I feel really hate myself for telling her this, but she'll probably be in Chicago for college by the time Hungary's dad meets me in the park... I've assured her though that I will live through it and that I would give her a sign if I couldn't keep that promise. I'm not a religious person by any means but I had my dad help me make my peace with his faith... he seemed concerned but he didn't inquire about it, my mom and brother worried naturally and they don't want me to go through with it despite me keeping Hungary's dad away from our home.

No matter how this all turns out in the end... I will have no regrets, all I can do is move forward
I was drawn to this for a reason, the name I picked was for a reason deeper than I can actually think of... Yamaku is not just a fantasy to me.

StudyOfWumbology

Post by StudyOfWumbology »

What is the longest time you've taken a break from KS and it's forums? It feels weird to come back and see all the things that have changed.
Things happen. For the best or for the worst we do not know.
Wanderingheartache

StudyOfWumbology wrote:What is the longest time you've taken a break from KS and it's forums? It feels weird to come back and see all the things that have changed.
Me personally? Six months

OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

StudyOfWumbology wrote:What is the longest time you've taken a break from KS and it's forums? It feels weird to come back and see all the things that have changed.
One week, when I was banned.

On-topic: I need advice, so that I won't have to post a sob story here later on.

It's about I girl I like. We've known each other for a some months, but we only started being hanging out the last month or so. It feels like we have so much in common (we actually finish each other's sentences most of the time), and I plan on confessing to her before summer break. But before that I need advice on how to improve our relationship and make her like me. I really suck at reading people, so I have no way of telling if she's interested in me, unless she says it out loud. All I can tell is that she enjoys my company.

So far, I've been able to increase the time we spend together each week from 2-3 hours to 6-7 hours. But since she lives so far away (not to mention in the middle of a large forest) we haven't been able to hang out outside of school. Tomorrow's her birthday and I plan on giving her a music box (no, I did not steal the idea from KS), but unfortunately it won't arrive here until the middle of June, thanks to Amazon's extremely slow shipping despite the high costs...
So, until then I have to do my best to improve our relationship, without getting stuck in the friend zone. And that's why I need your help. What should I think of and what should I avoid doing?

Some notes:
• We're not in the same class, although that might change next year (we tried to convince the headmaster, since we take the same classes and the issue is purely economic).
• I'm currently very poor, again thanks to Amazon, so no expensive stuff can be done.
Last edited by OtakuNinja on Tue May 21, 2013 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

Just tell her that you really enjoy spending time with her and that you two should go out some time during the summer. Not 'meet up' or 'stay in touch' because that might not make your romantic intentions clear enough.

Then it's down to her to decide if she says yes or no. Don't push for an immediate answer if she doesn't give you one, once you've asked just carry on as you have been doing up until now, until she has made up her mind.

If she says yes then congratulations, you have a date. It might be a good idea to have some ideas of stuff you can do already rolling around inside your head so you can make a concrete plan while she's saying yes to things. If she says no then that's too bad. Don't change anything, just carry on being friends but the ball remains in her court and if she changes her mind about romance later then that's up to her. Don't ask why because it makes you look desperate and is extremely uncomfortable for her (her reasons might make her sound like a complete jerk).

"make her like you"? Bad choice of words perhaps?
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

I'd advise completely abandoning this inane (and frankly selfish) concept of "making her like [you]". You don't make anyone like you. They either do or they don't. She obviously likes you in some sense. Putting off a confession just to have more time to "improve your relationship" (I.E., attempt to manipulate her friendliness into something more because it suits you better) will only make it that much worse if she says no. Speak up while you can because it can end up too late.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Xanatos wrote:I'd advise completely abandoning this inane (and frankly selfish) concept of "making her like [you]". You don't make anyone like you. They either do or they don't. She obviously likes you in some sense. Putting off a confession just to have more time to "improve your relationship" (I.E., attempt to manipulate her friendliness into something more because it suits you better) will only make it that much worse if she says no. Speak up while you can because it can end up too late.
Couldn't have said it better myself.
Basically: Just tell her. If you get rejected, so what? At least it's not being bottled up inside of you.
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

metalangel wrote:"make her like you"? Bad choice of words perhaps?
Yeah, but English isn't my mother tongue so I have no idea how to put it. :lol:

Maybe something like "show her my good sides and get to know each other better, thereby increasing the likeliness that she says yes" would be better?
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

OtakuNinja wrote:
metalangel wrote:"make her like you"? Bad choice of words perhaps?
Yeah, but English isn't my mother tongue so I have no idea how to put it. :lol:

Maybe something like "show her my good sides and get to know each other better, thereby increasing the likeliness that she says yes" would be better?
Your English is fine, native English speakers often make the same mistake. You can't 'make her', she gets to decide if she does or not. Anything else is coercion.

You seem to already know her pretty well, now is the time to ask. "Friendzoning" happens when you spend too long being wonderful platonically that you end up being seen as a big brother rather than a potential mate. Friendship and romance can be separate things, and you either think someone is attractive or you don't. The small amount of time you should spend getting to know a cute person is mostly to establish for yourself that they're not insane and so they can do likewise with you.
rockin robin

Post by rockin robin »

OtakuNinja wrote:
One week, when I was banned.

On-topic: I need advice, so that I won't have to post a sob story here later on.

It's about I girl I like. We've known each other for a some months, but we only started being hanging out the last month or so. It feels like we have so much in common (we actually finish each other's sentences most of the time), and I plan on confessing to her before summer break. But before that I need advice on how to improve our relationship and make her like me. I really suck at reading people, so I have no way of telling if she's interested in me, unless she says it out loud. All I can tell is that she enjoys my company.

So far, I've been able to increase the time we spend together each week from 2-3 hours to 6-7 hours. But since she lives so far away (not to mention in the middle of a large forest) we haven't been able to hang out outside of school. Tomorrow's her birthday and I plan on giving her a music box (no, I did not steal the idea from KS), but unfortunately it won't arrive here until the middle of June, thanks to Amazon's extremely slow shipping despite the high costs...
So, until then I have to do my best to improve our relationship, without getting stuck in the friend zone. And that's why I need your help. What should I think of and what should I avoid doing?

Some notes:
• We're not in the same class, although that might change next year (we tried to convince the headmaster, since we take the same classes and the issue is purely economic).
• I'm currently very poor, again thanks to Amazon, so no expensive stuff can be done.
hi their otakuninja, most of what im going to say isn't going to be better than these guys but ill pu it out their anyways.

if she's hanging out with you she likes you. love starts with lust and holding back will killl that. tell her you like her. if yes, give her the box as a romantic gesture. if no, tell her its too show you still wish for her friendship, and the freindzone isn't a complete death sentence. simmr freindzoned me to begin with. 10th june will be 3 years for us.

but anyways, both of us wish for your success. and we are here for you if you not
I kenji's worst nightmare! A FEMINIST!!
have a tracheo-osoephagul puncture.
three years with simmr001 10/06/13
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

rockin robin wrote: hi their otakuninja, most of what im going to say isn't going to be better than these guys but ill pu it out their anyways.

if she's hanging out with you she likes you. love starts with lust and holding back will killl that. tell her you like her. if yes, give her the box as a romantic gesture. if no, tell her its too show you still wish for her friendship, and the freindzone isn't a complete death sentence. simmr freindzoned me to begin with. 10th june will be 3 years for us.

but anyways, both of us wish for your success. and we are here for you if you not
You know, that sounds like a great idea. Thanks. :)
Auratus

Post by Auratus »

Best of luck in your love life, OtakuNinja.

As this thread look like having some good quasi-love counselor, May I ask that what lead relationship to friendzoning. I am annoyed that 9Gag populated by great amount of people who think that having a relationship as a "nice guy" is impossible.

June is coming and few day after that I will start study in University, as I said many times I intentionally go to the same university with my crush (actually that's pretty much only reason I go there :lol: ) I was confessed affection in February and she told that she is shocked and still love her ex-boyfriend then. But as my crush is get over him now at least on the surface. I thinking about "secure" her. I and my crush now have closer relationship compare to what it used to be, so I might consider repeat my confession again soon. Any tip/idea/suggestion/comment?
I want to make Thai Translation of KS alone and protesting with this signature.

Unofficially Demanding. Temporary even-more malfunctioned in English Grammar.

Introducing one of the few thread of it's kind that bring the world together. Wait, Whatever then.
simmr001

Post by simmr001 »

Auratus wrote:Best of luck in your love life, OtakuNinja.

As this thread look like having some good quasi-love counselor, May I ask that what lead relationship to friendzoning. I am annoyed that 9Gag populated by great amount of people who think that having a relationship as a "nice guy" is impossible.

June is coming and few day after that I will start study in University, as I said many times I intentionally go to the same university with my crush (actually that's pretty much only reason I go there :lol: ) I was confessed affection in February and she told that she is shocked and still love her ex-boyfriend then. But as my crush is get over him now at least on the surface. I thinking about "secure" her. I and my crush now have closer relationship compare to what it used to be, so I might consider repeat my confession again soon. Any tip/idea/suggestion/comment?
As Robin took otakuninja...

3 reasons AFAIK for freindzoning. 1) don't make a move, lose romantic feelings, friendzoned 2) incompatible orientation gay or straight delete as applicable 3) fear losing the person if the relationship falls apart (what I did to robin initially)

If I were you, I'd remind her, if when the Times right, that you still have affection for her. Let her know you are willing to wait as long as she needs, because their May be some hidden feelings that she's trying to hide from the . Public eye. If you do "secure" her (she's not a military document, dude) I suggest letting her know you reassure her you won't go faster than she wants too (MIND OUTTA DA' GUTTA)

Wish you luck buddy, so does robin. And remember that just because she friendzoned you dosnt feel that way about you. :)