Each KS Heroine categorized by Myers Briggs

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

TehLandshark

Re: Each KS Heroine categorized by Myers Briggs

Post by TehLandshark »

Umbra wrote: After having a long ass discussion on KS and MBTI with my friend, I have to agree with you, she is an ESFJ. I didn't really think this one through. Oh, and he convinced me to make some other changes:

Hanako is an ISFP
Rin is an INFP

which really seem to fit them better.
After researching into S/N a little bit harder (which I admit, I haven't done as much as I should have before) , I've concluded that you are correct about Rin, she surely is an INFP. Funnily enough, that makes us the same, which both scares the shit out of and confuses me. Sure, I share each preference in function, but Rin, RIN, the same as me? I never felt like I could relate to her that whole time.
I am still conflicted over Hanako as S or N but I'll take your word for it. On P, however, I tend to disagree. Check back to ProfAllister on his analysis from the other thread he linked to, that summed up pretty well why J is dominant. ISFJ, or the Nurturer, is the same as Lilly. Coincidence?

Side Note: If your friend is a KS fan and informed on MBTI, do you think you could get him to post his thoughts on the forums?
Richter Bromont wrote:
Nurse wrote:You didn't... throw your medication at Seagulls again, did you?
Hisao wrote: FUCK YOU, THEY STARTED IT!
Sgt_Frog

Post by Sgt_Frog »

Rrgh, I hate this test, mostly because it can't seem to decide whether I'm INTP, ISFJ, or INTJ!
Umbra
Location: i have tasted the maggots of the mind of the universe

Post by Umbra »

TehLandshark wrote:
Umbra wrote: After having a long ass discussion on KS and MBTI with my friend, I have to agree with you, she is an ESFJ. I didn't really think this one through. Oh, and he convinced me to make some other changes:

Hanako is an ISFP
Rin is an INFP

After researching into S/N a little bit harder (which I admit, I haven't done as much as I should have before) , I've concluded that you are correct about Rin, she surely is an INFP. Funnily enough, that makes us the same, which both scares the shit out of and confuses me. Sure, I share each preference in function, but Rin, RIN, the same as me? I never felt like I could relate to her that whole time.
I am still conflicted over Hanako as S or N but I'll take your word for it. On P, however, I tend to disagree. Check back to ProfAllister on his analysis from the other thread he linked to, that summed up pretty well why J is dominant. ISFJ, or the Nurturer, is the same as Lilly. Coincidence?

Side Note: If your friend is a KS fan and informed on MBTI, do you think you could get him to post his thoughts on the forums?
Well, I doubt I'd be able to convince him to post on the forums, he's not a very social person, although he has a mind like no other (he is a borderline INTP, btw.)

Considering he agrees with me on many choices, his list would be such:

Hisao: ISTP
Lilly: ISFJ
Hanako: ISFP
Rin: INFP
Emi: ESFJ
Shizune: ESTJ
Misha: ESFP
Kenji: INTJ

and he has really strong arguments for each one. He spends a lot of time solving any mental task. I mean, it's practically impossible to win against him in a discussion, because most of the time he just is right. :D
(not me, but this is sweet)

I like music. If you like music too, and have similar tastes, you might want to add me on last.fm.
TehLandshark

Post by TehLandshark »

Umbra wrote:
TehLandshark wrote:

Hanako is an ISFP
Rin is an INFP

Well, I doubt I'd be able to convince him to post on the forums, he's not a very social person, although he has a mind like no other (he is a borderline INTP, btw.)

Considering he agrees with me on many choices, his list would be such:

Hisao: ISTP
Lilly: ISFJ
Hanako: ISFP
Rin: INFP
Emi: ESFJ
Shizune: ESTJ
Misha: ESFP
Kenji: INTJ

and he has really strong arguments for each one. He spends a lot of time solving any mental task. I mean, it's practically impossible to win against him in a discussion, because most of the time he just is right. :D
A mind like no other and intp who thinks MBTI is legitimate? That's a new one.
I'd like to see him come on the forums, but if he isn't that much of a social butterfly, I don't blame him.

I'm not willing to debate Misha (because I can practically understand Rin better than the craziness she is), and I can agree with the majority of that list, but I have 2 disagreements. What suggests that Hanako is P, and what suggest that Hisao is T?

Anything deviating from the plan results in "I'vegottogodosomething!" for poor Hanako.

ISTP's have Introverted Thinking as their Dominant function, while ISFP's have Introverted Feeling as a Dominant function. We can see Hisao's thoughts, so it is extremely, extremely obvious that he takes the subjunctive into account far more than the objective. Hisao is ISFP without question.

On a side note, when re-doing a Hanako scene, I just saw Hisao call her "very intuitive." Not really the intuition we're talking about, but thought it was worth mentioning.
Richter Bromont wrote:
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Something a bit less technical and more fun. Has anyone tried filling out one of these for any of the girls?

Don't mean to threadjack, but I'm always a bit wary of starting a new thread here if one that's even remotely similar is already present. Our Mod scares me.
Attachments
2jfx4xu.jpg
2jfx4xu.jpg (48.84 KiB) Viewed 5809 times
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

I've gone ahead and estimated Hanako's. Anyone else?
Attachments
hanako.jpg
hanako.jpg (123.84 KiB) Viewed 5763 times
Last edited by pandaphil on Wed May 15, 2013 12:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
SpecimenSix

Post by SpecimenSix »

pandaphil wrote:I've gone ahead and estimated Hanako's. Anyone else?
Wouldn't her artistic skill be at least above a two? She did mention she liked to karaoke. Or Lilly mentioned that about her. Someone did at least, of that I'm certain. :lol: Other than that though the rest seems reasonable.
I am bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There is no one I would rather be than me.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

SpecimenSix wrote:
Wouldn't her artistic skill be at least above a two? She did mention she liked to karaoke. Or Lilly mentioned that about her. Someone did at least, of that I'm certain. :lol: Other than that though the rest seems reasonable.
Good point. I'd forgotten that. Plus being such an avid reader, she might have a talent for writing as well. So I went ahead and bumped up her Artistic Skill score.

I had wondered whether her social skills were too high. But it sounds like she does okay with children and teachers. It's just people in her own age group that frighten her.
Last edited by pandaphil on Wed May 15, 2013 12:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

SpecimenSix wrote:
Karaoke is not necessarily an artistic skill. Anyone can sing along poorly to a song. :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Dream

Post by Dream »

Hanako was mentioned to be pretty observant in her route, though...

Also, i love how "Looks" is set to high and "sex life" is set to zero :lol:
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Dream wrote:Hanako was mentioned to be pretty observant in her route, though...

Also, i love how "Looks" is set to high and "sex life" is set to zero :lol:

Well, that's why I asked for input. So okay, I knocked her "Looks" down a notch. Though as far as anyone knows, she doesn't have a sex life.

Hoping someone else will join in with charts for the other girls.
Dr. Casey

Post by Dr. Casey »

Oh, I don't think Dream was saying there was anything wrong with those two ratings, just that it's an amusing juxtaposition. I do think your original rating of her looks was probably more accurate; she's well above average, I would give her an 8 or maybe a 9 rather than 7.

But yeah, this is a fun ranking style you've found for us. Looking forward to seeing the other characters scored.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Dr. Casey wrote:Oh, I don't think Dream was saying there was anything wrong with those two ratings, just that it's an amusing juxtaposition. I do think your original rating of her looks was probably more accurate; she's well above average, I would give her an 8 or maybe a 9 rather than 7.

But yeah, this is a fun ranking style you've found for us. Looking forward to seeing the other characters scored.

Thanks for the support. I had knocked off a point as suggested because of her scars. But then it occurred to me that I didn't recall anyone ever actually commenting on them in the story. She was always "That really shy girl". So I'm guess they were probably a lot worse when she was younger and was treated so badly as a result.
TehLandshark

Post by TehLandshark »

As much as I would rather have this be another thread, I felt that this was necessary to contribute.
Lilly.
Richter Bromont wrote:
SpecimenSix

Post by SpecimenSix »

TehLandshark wrote:As much as I would rather have this be another thread, I felt that this was necessary to contribute.
Lilly.
Somehow I knew somebody was going to give her a zero in looks. :lol:

I'd say she has more morality than just average though. I'd consider her to have relatively high moral standards, from the proper way she carries herself and strict background if nothing else.
I am bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There is no one I would rather be than me.