Music that makes you think of KS

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

KeiichiO

Re: Music that makes you think of KS

Post by KeiichiO »

Doryoku96 wrote:Thanks! Emi's route was my first, so it is undoubtedly my most memorable one as well. I think I could somewhat relate to her as well, so I guess I could understand her on a deeper level than I expected to. Anyway, thank you for the reply.
No problem! But now, I'm going to have to compliment you s'more.

Dat avatar. Love it!

Drunken Rock Lee is best Rock Lee.
bpgbcg

Post by bpgbcg »

Going to post a bit of classical music; I have particular pieces I half-associate with every arc except Emi's (still working on that one).

Hanako: Chopin Ballade #4
Corresponds pretty well with my rather dark view of Hanako's arc (esp. after bad ending).

Rin: Ravel Ondine
Quite amorphous/abstract, consistent with her arc. It's always moving around and jumping from place to place and you can never put your finger on exactly what's happening. Also one of my favorite pieces in general.

Lilly: Ravel Concerto in G, Movement 2
A somewhat simple-seeming piece and yet so incredibly beautiful anyway, paralleling how I felt about her arc. It also has the almost-dreamlike feel that the latter portion of Lilly's arc has, at least for me.

Shizune: Ravel Concerto for the Left Hand
So powerful in some places and yet so unexpectedly vulnerable in others. Of the four this is the piece that is most strongly connected to the arc in my mind.

And yeah, I have a massive bias towards Ravel; oh well...
Piano music for the KS soundtrack; I've done a few transcriptions which are on page 43 of that thread. Also, I wrote a musical theme for Scissorlips' amazing Suzu pseudo-route, which I then recorded here.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Nice to see classical get a nod around here for a change.

I would pay good money to hear an orchestral cover of the KS score.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Merloficus

Post by Merloficus »

pandaphil wrote: I would pay good money to hear an orchestral cover of the KS score.
Same here! Love classical music, preferably with a modern vibe like the KS pieces.

And to add something: Sorrow's hold by Daniel Schmid + Hanako = me :cry:
First time i heard this i immediatly thought back to when Lilly leaves for Scotland and you suddenly see Hanako acting very weird(back then clueless as to why :wink: )
It sure aint no Painful history but i surely do like it as much!
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

One of the comments on this video made me laugh, and I immediately thought of Shizune
Stubborn as a Mule
(the comment was "LMFAO. I read that as "Stubborn as a Mute"" :lol: )
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Steinherz wrote:One of the comments on this video made me laugh, and I immediately thought of Shizune
Stubborn as a Mule
I initially read it as "Stubborn as a Mute" as well... I guess that means I've been playing too much KS. Or I just have bad eyesight :lol:
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

KeiichiO wrote:
Steinherz wrote:One of the comments on this video made me laugh, and I immediately thought of Shizune
Stubborn as a Mule
I initially read it as "Stubborn as a Mute" as well... I guess that means I've been playing too much KS. Or I just have bad eyesight :lol:
Or both.
I also draw, kind of.
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Steinherz wrote:
KeiichiO wrote:
Stubborn as a Mule
Or both.
Probably a mixture of both, yes, and with a smidge of my-mind-naturally-yet-subconsciously-trying-to-find-things-that-are-totally-messed-up-in-every-day-things.
SpecimenSix

Post by SpecimenSix »

KeiichiO wrote:
Stubborn as a Mule
Well there is that old wives' tale that says that masturbation can make you go blind... :lol:
I am bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There is no one I would rather be than me.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

SpecimenSix wrote:
KeiichiO wrote:
Stubborn as a Mule
Well there is that old wives' tale that says that masturbation can make you go blind... :lol:
If that were true, I'd be blind as a bat by now.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

SpecimenSix wrote:
KeiichiO wrote:
Stubborn as a Mule
You'd actually die of a heart attack before enough vitamins/minerals left your body because of that :lol:
I also draw, kind of.
SpecimenSix

Post by SpecimenSix »

KeiichiO wrote:
SpecimenSix wrote:
KeiichiO wrote: I initially read it as "Stubborn as a Mute" as well... I guess that means I've been playing too much KS. Or I just have bad eyesight :lol:
If that were true, I'd be blind as a bat by now.
Who turned out the lights?

And I know that Stein, obviously it's complete bullshit. I just thought it was funny and appropriate. :lol:
I am bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There is no one I would rather be than me.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

SpecimenSix wrote:Who turned out the lights?
My penis hit the switch, but it doesn't matter that the lights are off. Years of chronic masturbation have depreciated my eyesight, so I get around using sonar.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

That songs a classic.

I remember hearing something about Lilly having a dog. But I didn't recall all the details.

I have a depressing piece of fan art about it. I just haven't had the heart to post it. :(
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.