Re: Did we change?

Post by Steinherz »

BananaPudding wrote:
Steinherz wrote: Your comment immediately made me think of this:
what is that from?
Borderlands 2.
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
cassinova

Post by cassinova »

KeiichiO wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
cassinova wrote:Well let's just say that I tried really hard not to cry after completing the good ending to Emi's story.
That doesn't answer the topic question at all...
Why the fuck am I laughing? :lol:
Well let's just say that I am mentally disabled.
Lodin

Post by Lodin »

I think I'm in the process of changing.

It's been under a week since I found KS, and only today I found the forums while trying to work out The Feels.

The first day, I played through Emi's entire story after aiming for Shizune in the beginning. I really fit into Hisao's shoes in that relationship, and her personality hit all the right buttons for me. Katawa is my first VN so I wasn't really prepared for how powerful it could be, and the following day all I could think about was her.

Afterwards I played through Rin's storyline until daybreak, which was far more of an emotional rollercoaster than I was expecting. I started thinking about how I was being affected by this game, and why. I figured seeing the different stories might wash out the initial impact, but Hanako's diabetically sweet ending only helped eclipse the torment from Rin's. It didn't help me get over the fact that there was something about this game I felt I needed to get over.

So that's where I am now. Reading the forum, seeing other people allowing themselves to be inspired by fictional characters enough to change their lives for the better. The Do-It-For-Her posters are still very touching, and I'm starting to accept that it should really be a Do-It-For-Me poster instead.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Lodin wrote:I think I'm in the process of changing.

It's been under a week since I found KS, and only today I found the forums while trying to work out The Feels.

The first day, I played through Emi's entire story after aiming for Shizune in the beginning. I really fit into Hisao's shoes in that relationship, and her personality hit all the right buttons for me. Katawa is my first VN so I wasn't really prepared for how powerful it could be, and the following day all I could think about was her.

Afterwards I played through Rin's storyline until daybreak, which was far more of an emotional rollercoaster than I was expecting. I started thinking about how I was being affected by this game, and why. I figured seeing the different stories might wash out the initial impact, but Hanako's diabetically sweet ending only helped eclipse the torment from Rin's. It didn't help me get over the fact that there was something about this game I felt I needed to get over.

So that's where I am now. Reading the forum, seeing other people allowing themselves to be inspired by fictional characters enough to change their lives for the better. The Do-It-For-Her posters are still very touching, and I'm starting to accept that it should really be a Do-It-For-Me poster instead.
Welcome to the forum, make sure you 100% the game, and feel free to partake of the fanfiction forum when you're done.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

*snip*
Welcome to the board Lodin! Yep, you're going through the exact same thing as the rest of us. Don't worry, you'll get better after awhile. Like Xan said, dig into the fanfic gallery and check out the fine selection of fanart. And keep sharing your thoughts and opinions.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Velitation

Post by Velitation »

Hey guys, back from a hiatus of sorts (tried out a job that turned to crap, blah blah).

Inspirational posters, yeah! I agree that it is pretty amazing that quite a few people have changed for the better. A couple months after I finished KS, I still feel that I haven't gotten over KS. :lol: :shock: :( :? I've noticed the soundtrack keeps bringing back the feels that you're describing, like an instant flashback. KS has reminded me that everyone has their own difficulties and challenges to deal with, and that stuff that happens, happens. Can't let past mistakes drown out the present. It gave me a new appreciation for being thankful, as before I was fretting about not getting a biology-related job after my degree was finished, and that I wouldn't be able to do anything other than menial work, and that I won't have something meaningful in life, and... (the depression cycle sure does suck.) Just gotta press on, and not give up.
I see the traditional welcome hasn't changed (shudder).
[fahsign]Velitation[/fahsign] Remember, it's just a game.
Lodin

Post by Lodin »

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I think a part of The Feels' power is that once you start playing, you feel (even more?) isolated from real people. There's only a couple friends I've told so far about what I'm going through and they can see how it can affect me so much, as an empathetic person. I can see most people being judgmental about the whole thing which would exacerbate things.

So, I appreciate the kind words.

I'm going to start Lilly's path now.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Lodin wrote:Thank you all for the warm welcome. I think a part of The Feels' power is that once you start playing, you feel (even more?) isolated from real people. There's only a couple friends I've told so far about what I'm going through and they can see how it can affect me so much, as an empathetic person. I can see most people being judgmental about the whole thing which would exacerbate things.

So, I appreciate the kind words.

I'm going to start Lilly's path now.
Best of luck with Lilly. She's an angel, she really is.

If you're feeling lonely, I'd suggest doing a Google and a Youtube search to find out just how many other KS fans there are. You're hardly alone my friend.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Comrade

Post by Comrade »

i changed a lot since i first heard of KS, but i feel only a fraction of it can be related to it.
threres a thing called dialectial materialism that explains what makes peiple change, i recommend looking it up.
Founder and cheif librarian ofThe Yamaku Library, A Fan Fiction Archive
Vice president of the Yamaku Book Club
Sea wrote:Comrade, as Khan Bek has convinced me to give Democracy a try.
"French are just Spanish Germans, therefore Mexicans."
An American, 2014
Lodin

Post by Lodin »

pandaphil wrote:Best of luck with Lilly. She's an angel, she really is.
She was. I had to go back to get her good ending, but it was worth it. I definitely feel the surface of closure now, at least.
Hisao&Hanako<3

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

Yes, I still remember finishing Lilly's story last, a good 5 and a half or so months ago. Still feels like yesterday. I keep the feels with me, just like I keep the courage and determination deep in my heart.
cassinova

Post by cassinova »

I really like this guy, he is basically changing just like many of us. I like his review too.
Lodin

Post by Lodin »

cassinova wrote:I really like this guy, he is basically changing just like many of us. I like his review too.
Thank you! It's been very nice finding this place and getting to observe others' thoughts concerning KS. It helped tremendously to witness a concept like 'you're not alone' from a position of control. Which is important when feeling emotionally isolated.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Lodin wrote:
Thank you! It's been very nice finding this place and getting to observe others' thoughts concerning KS. It helped tremendously to witness a concept like 'you're not alone' from a position of control. Which is important when feeling emotionally isolated.
And we're always happy to welcome new faces and new pov's here. Seems like sometimes we start to run out of things to talk about here. And things start to get wierd.
DeoxFeels

Post by DeoxFeels »

I didn't change so much, tho it left a major emotional impact on me, mainly because I can relate to some of the themes.. + It has its fair share of good stories to tell ^^