The "feels" bazaar.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Hisao&Hanako<3

Re: The "feels" bazaar.

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

I never considered myself a reading person either except when I was a kid. KS changed all that and I'm glad I read it.
AussieInquisitor

Post by AussieInquisitor »

Hello, K.S. community. I'm a bit of a new guy posting on these forums, but I have gone through K.S. myself over the past year.

As a student studying Interactive Entertainment as part of my degree, I had never heard a word in edgewise of VN's before in the past, so I was quite surprised by this unique VN that had been released. Not to mention the times when I was genuinely emotionally invested with both the characters and the narrative - something that I hadn't experienced to such a degree through other mediums - the extremes of emotion from hope to melancholy to cartharsis were of such a degree that I hadn't experienced in other forms of media in the past.

I guess that's primarily due to the nature and structure of VNs in general, but in KS, I think, these extremes of emotion were, more or less, nailed down perfectly.

Now if only I can get Lilly permanently out of my head... :lol:
Tha gaol agam ort, Lilly. Slàinte mhor a h-uile là a chi 's nach fhaic.

"I think I can hear SlientCook building more Sorry Corners from the remains of cooked threads to cope with the demand."
- Rhodri, 07/04/2015
Hisao&Hanako<3

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

Yes, KS is one of the best pieces of media I've ever seen. I'd recommend it to anyone of any age. Anyone with any kind of real heart should respond well to it. Only cold heartless bastards are unaffected. :lol:
thecakewuzalie

Lilly's arc emotional outlet (spoilers)

Post by thecakewuzalie »

FIRST AND LAST WARNING, DO NOT KEEP READING IF YOU HAVENT FINISHED LILLY"S ARC YET (best ending i think)

(warning post contains large quantities of cursing.)
damn it damn it damn it
T.T.....just...fuqin hell man asdl;fasdkl;jakl;fjkl;asdjkl;asdjklasdf
Words cannot describe what I and most of you have been through. I almost threwup and I definitely would have if It had ended just as badly as I was expecting it to. damnit I would have cried myself to sleep if she had just got on that plane and left after the main goodbye. but....but that didnt happen...T.T I just feel the need to write down that I had a true hope that she would have turned back...but after ...after what happened I honestly thought it was game over...gg no re T.T but..Even though I being dragged through the trenches of world war feels 2 After getting hit so abruptly by such a irresistable feel meteor I just ugh I cant even quite think straight right now but .... she stayed...<3....FEELS KILL ME SHE STAYED <3

As silly as it may sound in just the course of a few hours i fell in love with a girl and had my heart broken (hnng joke inserted here) dragged through hell and back and finally mended. I'm not quite ready for classes tomorrow...but I know that at least i can take comfort in that I didn't fail and am at peace with this story. Like many other stories before it in which I have become attached to the characters and felt what they felt...this is one for the books. As the main menu music plays in the background I leave you this thread. Goodnight everyone.

oh and PS TWO FOR TWO BITCHZz, 5/5 PERFECT PLAYTHROUGH ENDINGS HERE I COME! WAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA
"The manner in which a warrior deals with defeat is a truer mark of his mettle than his comportment in victory " ~Guilliman
sennit wrote:Yeah it was more of an absurd speculation after the fact. No more.
YZQ

Re: Lilly's arc emotional outlet (spoilers)

Post by YZQ »

Are the shots from the anime move The Girl Who Leapt Through Time?
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
thecakewuzalie

Post by thecakewuzalie »

YZQ wrote:Are the shots from the anime move The Girl Who Leapt Through Time?
yush, i originally tried finding one of getting hit by the train to represent the power of FEELS, but i found that those worked perfectly as well.
"The manner in which a warrior deals with defeat is a truer mark of his mettle than his comportment in victory " ~Guilliman
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

All I have to say is this: Told'ya so~!

YZQ

Post by YZQ »

It's been so long since I watched that movie on the big screen. Yeah, the girl's emotions are like Hisao's near the end of the film.

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
thecakewuzalie

Post by thecakewuzalie »

KeiichiO wrote:All I have to say is this: Told'ya so~!

fuck you, you stupid fucking whore T.T.....ajsdfakl;sdfjkl;j damnit....dfjkasdfjkl;asdflsdfajklasdfklf akl;sfj;asklfasklfaskl;dfjaskl;fjklasjklfajkl;fjkl;asdfjkl

(USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST)
thecakewuzalie

Post by thecakewuzalie »

sorry....not raelly but ...sorry
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

In other news, there's that fic about the situation post Bad End. Makes for some interesting reading. (Hyacinth)

KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

thecakewuzalie wrote:fuck you, you stupid fucking whore T.T.....ajsdfakl;sdfjkl;j damnit....dfjkasdfjkl;asdflsdfajklasdfklf akl;sfj;asklfasklfaskl;dfjaskl;fjklasjklfajkl;fjkl;asdfjkl
N-no need to be so hostile... >.<

Maybe when you calm down, hun.
thecakewuzalie

Post by thecakewuzalie »

YZQ wrote:It's been so long since I watched that movie on the big screen. Yeah, the girl's emotions are like Hisao's near the end of the film.
yeah it fits perfectly.
YZQ wrote:In other news, there's that fic about the situation post Bad End. Makes for some interesting reading. (Hyacinth)
sorry but at this point...I don't think i can handle going back to get bad endings and reading fanfics of them. @.@ Thanks though I guess. I think its goign to have to wait until I finish all of them with the good endings on the first try or until i mess up.
KeiichiO wrote:
thecakewuzalie wrote:fuck you, you stupid fucking whore T.T.....ajsdfakl;sdfjkl;j damnit....dfjkasdfjkl;asdflsdfajklasdfklf akl;sfj;asklfasklfaskl;dfjaskl;fjklasjklfajkl;fjkl;asdfjkl
N-no need to be so hostile... >.<

Maybe when you calm down, hun.

hey! I apologized...also those were completely feels driven responses. as you can tell by the slamming of the keyboard

Okay for realsies this time, i'm sorry for snapping at ya like that but well....whats happened has happened :3
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

AussieInquisitor wrote:Now if only I can get Lilly permanently out of my head... :lol:
Yeah... good luck with that. A moment where I'm not thinking of Rin or Hanako is nearly nonexistent. But that goes for pretty much everything that I fancy. When I get into something, I get INTO it. Not like that. I wish though.

Anyway... welcome to the forums~! I hope you find our humble home enjoyable. ^_^
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

KeiichiO wrote:
AussieInquisitor wrote:Now if only I can get Lilly permanently out of my head... :lol:
Yeah... good luck with that. A moment where I'm not thinking of Rin or Hanako is nearly nonexistent. But that goes for pretty much everything that I fancy. When I get into something, I get INTO it. Not like that. I wish though.

Anyway... welcome to the forums~! I hope you find our humble home enjoyable. ^_^

There ya go. You can expect her to be there for a good long time. On the plus side, the feels do become easier to deal with after awhile, and don't hurt quite so much.

Hanging out and chatting here, collecting fanart online, maybe reading some fanfic, or create some yourself is the best way to change KS from an obsessive pursuit, to an enjoyable pastime.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.