What hurts the most?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

BananaPudding

Re: What hurts the most?

Post by BananaPudding »

Carighan wrote:I thought the fanbase was comparatively large, actually. It's still nichey as hell, but for a VN, surprisingly many who play VNs at all have played it.
yea I guess it's all relative. I'm part of the MLP fanbase so I naturally compare to that and it's tiny in comparison, with that said the MLP fanbase is tiny compared to something like the League of Legends fanbase, and while I'm on a roll the LoL fanbase looks tiny when compared to the football fanbase, etc, etc
Completion order: Emi->Lily->Shizune->Hanako->Rin
Feels order: Emi->lily/Hanako->Rin->Shizune
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

We might be small, but we're fiesty. :)

And I've lost track of how many KS themed Facebook pages there are.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Hisao&Hanako<3

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

Yes, so for all the gamers here, create your favorite KS girls and spread the word! :)
Earl_of_Grey

Post by Earl_of_Grey »

Though the arcs each have their ups and downs, the moment that always gets me is when 'Romance in Andante' begins playing at the end of each good ending over the credits, and I know it's all over for another girl. I mean, I'm so happy because it was a sweet ending, and the music is so joyful and everything seems great....but then I realise that's all there is, and I don't get to share any more of those beautiful moments, and the sense of loss, like I'm leaving my loved ones for an unknown amount of time....that cuts.
Hisao&Hanako<3

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

^I actually don't think like that. The end of the game is the beginning of something else. I think if a bunch of us fans got together, learned to work Ren'Py or at least an RPG maker program, we could make something really great. I'm sure there's someone here who has experience with making sprites, another person could figure out the flags and programming part of it, so on and so forth... If we all put our heads together, guess what happens? Nothing stops people once they put their minds to it. Missing the game and wanting there to be something more is an easy wish to grant.
Auratus

Post by Auratus »

Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote:^I actually don't think like that. The end of the game is the beginning of something else. I think if a bunch of us fans got together, learned to work Ren'Py or at least an RPG maker program, we could make something really great. I'm sure there's someone here who has experience with making sprites, another person could figure out the flags and programming part of it, so on and so forth... If we all put our heads together, guess what happens? Nothing stops people once they put their minds to it. Missing the game and wanting there to be something more is an easy wish to grant.
Too bad we wouldn't legally get girls from KS to be heroine in our project (somehow I think it is greatest obstacle) :( I think I could help in sketching and "FL-ing" part, and I will admitted in Computer Engineering soon so I might have a clue about programming.

To alleviate the "feels" I suggest reading fanfic in other subforum. Or should I say it is prolonging the feel?
I want to make Thai Translation of KS alone and protesting with this signature.

Unofficially Demanding. Temporary even-more malfunctioned in English Grammar.

Introducing one of the few thread of it's kind that bring the world together. Wait, Whatever then.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Auratus wrote:
Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote:^I actually don't think like that. The end of the game is the beginning of something else. I think if a bunch of us fans got together, learned to work Ren'Py or at least an RPG maker program, we could make something really great. I'm sure there's someone here who has experience with making sprites, another person could figure out the flags and programming part of it, so on and so forth... If we all put our heads together, guess what happens? Nothing stops people once they put their minds to it. Missing the game and wanting there to be something more is an easy wish to grant.
Too bad we wouldn't legally get girls from KS to be heroine in our project (somehow I think it is greatest obstacle) :( I think I could help in sketching and "FL-ing" part, and I will admitted in Computer Engineering soon so I might have a clue about programming.

To alleviate the "feels" I suggest reading fanfic in other subforum. Or should I say it is prolonging the feel?
It wouldn't have to use the KS girls. Just characters of equal or greater value. :P
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Hisao&Hanako<3

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

So then what's with all the fan games like Katawa Crash and Katawa Dive Kick? I'm pretty sure those use the characters from the game. The problem I believe, is when you rip the actual sprites or music from the game.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote:So then what's with all the fan games like Katawa Crash and Katawa Dive Kick? I'm pretty sure those use the characters from the game. The problem I believe, is when you rip the actual sprites or music from the game.
The license prohibits derivative works (works that directly ripoff the sprites, music, etcetera) that build upon KS (sequels, spinoffs, etcetera). Katawa Crash is allowed to exist because it doesn't steal the original game's resources or build on its story in any way. If any of us were to get together and make something, it could be inspired by or loosely based on KS but it couldn't actually be (or, at least, couldn't say it was) a direct continuation of KS in any way.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Malkavi

Post by Malkavi »

Rin's route(did it last. Finished 4 days ago). Full stop. Feels from this one easily overshadowed EVERYTHING that KS had been throwing in direction of my heart- which is damn impressive, considering sheer amount of tearjerkers on 4 routes...and, especially, considering how badly Lilly's good ending screwed me(did it 4th). These feels...At the last second of Lilly's epilogue my vision was already quite blurred...well, you know. Composure was finally lost(I could contain feels inside before this particular scene). And i was quite sure that remaining route wouldn't impress me. Not after this.

Wrong?

WROOOOOOONG.

...It was like a trance. Late evening, opened window, fresh air, all alone. Reading. Tea, cigarettes. Relaxing setup.

I am prone to melancholy, yes,it is pretty much my default mood...so all these thoughts, doubts, uncertainties, sad ponderings found in the route were very natural, familiar and clear for me. Rainy mood of the narrative, well synergizing with atmosphere in my room.
All the way, from the beginning to the end(s).

Difference?
I felt theatricality of some scenes in KS before. Much less in Emi and Lilly routes, but these moments were still there.

Rin route was sincere. Well, for me, at least.
Maybe because i am too much of a Rin(with saxophone instead of a brush, lol), maybe because route has best writing, i neither know nor care.
It was hypnotizing, to go through these all-too-well-comprehensible scenes with bitter-sweet sense in chest, but everything comes to an end sometimes, and...
Bad end only got sigh of me. Maybe a little jab, i don't remember.
Neutral...Absolute havoc. "All alone". Only month have passed since break up...with the very first(and only) girl in my life which made me feel like "i can(and want) go all the way to the grey hairs with her". Guess what? Understanding issues. Mutual incomprehension. Both too sophisticated. And i lost so many friends lately. Two are dead, one won't ever speak to me again, some have moved far away...or worse-got married. And then...do you remember this ending well? Obviously some of Hisao's final lines punched me hard. And i mean, HARD.. I couldn't even cry. Couldn't move. Could only smoke one cigarette after another. Mechanically, mindlessly.
I don't know, it was still dark when i snapped out and loaded last choice screen. Maybe a lot of time have passed, maybe half an hour...don't know.

And well, good end.
Fulfillment. Success. Two with no understanding of each other(and existential problems, which i have as well) finally don't care, because everything in the world is all right.
Happy, even though they have all these quite real problems. Together and all right, despite all the...stuff. Despite all the complication, weirdness, awkwardness.

Pretty much same result as in "neutral" case. Bitter-sweet stunning wave rushing through the chest. Just...five times taller and faster. Total paralysis and suffocation - could barely breath. There were tears, right, but i wasn't making any noises(or moves, not even little ones) for a while. For a long while. Just like this. Staring into the main screen. For a long...long time. I don't remember when or how i got in bed. At all.

So, what hurts the most? Happiness. Possibility of happiness in such a dead end. Very sweet, but... "Hurts" is a huge understatment.
ReCodes

Post by ReCodes »

Hanako's path
currently doing it again
5 mins into the path and already, them feels are coming ;_ ;
~WAHAHAHA...~
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=7531 <- my fan art gallery

I'm dead...for now...will be back sometimes later...
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

ReCodes wrote:Hanako's path
currently doing it again
Awww, hang in there man. She's counting on you.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
ReCodes

Post by ReCodes »

pandaphil wrote:
ReCodes wrote:Hanako's path
currently doing it again
Awww, hang in there man. She's counting on you.
21 mins in
i'm outta here, gonna go sit in a corner and cry ;_;
~WAHAHAHA...~
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=7531 <- my fan art gallery

I'm dead...for now...will be back sometimes later...
Hisao&Hanako<3

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

Yeah, I just got done with the Falling scene myself, had a weep session. Painful History does it, man. That song will never stop hurting me.

How many of us want to give Hanako a hug right now?
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote:
How many of us want to give Hanako a hug right now?
Oh hell, that's pretty much every time I see a picture of her. :cry:

I'm really glad you're on the board H&H. At least that way I don't have to be the most obsessive Hanabro here. :)
Last edited by pandaphil on Wed May 01, 2013 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.