Post by DuaneMoody »

Solunar wrote:あああああ!
popipo?
Fronzel

Re: Katawa Shoujo mentioned in gaming magasin

Post by Fronzel »

atat wrote:
Mercutio wrote:
Tillumni wrote:Personally, I loved the comment translated to: "Sub where?" or "translation where?" I found in another forum.
exactly, man. languages may separate people, but we all know awesome when we see it. (...I think I just channeled Jack Black.) hopefully some friendly neighborhood bilinguals will translate the Act 1 demo into Japanese soon, so more people can play KS.

though I do kinda wonder how you say "MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!" in Japanese.

Mwahahahahahaha = kekekekekeke, I think
I always thought that "kekekeke" was sonme kind of annoying chuckle, not the belly-laugh I imagine "MWAHAHAHA" being.
Vertical

Post by Vertical »

Fronzel wrote: though I do kinda wonder how you say "MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!" in Japanese.

I always thought that "kekekeke" was sonme kind of annoying chuckle, not the belly-laugh I imagine "MWAHAHAHA" being.
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't lolololololol in jap just simply WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW?

I welcome someone else to explain how kekeke got started.
Imagine me and you...
vaen

Post by vaen »

Vertical wrote:I welcome someone else to explain how kekeke got started.
as I understand it it's from korean starcraft players who used it as lololol

also attached is one way it could look in japanese :3 (2nd line)
Attachments
1242255846399.jpg
1242255846399.jpg (93.37 KiB) Viewed 3614 times
WASSHOI

Post by WASSHOI »

Vertical wrote:
Fronzel wrote: though I do kinda wonder how you say "MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!" in Japanese.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't lolololololol in jap just simply WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW?

I welcome someone else to explain how kekeke got started.
"wwwwwwwwwwwww" is basically lolololololololol, yeah. But It's lolololololololol, not actual laughing. lol is just a shortened form of laughter to convey online really. The "w" comes from "warau" which is to laugh. So they just spam wwwwwwww. I would think it'd be odd to see Misha break out into "wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww" for her laughter.
Pimmy
~VIBRATIONS~

Post by Pimmy »

I see nothing wrong with just using
わははははは~!
Jyo_ni

Post by Jyo_ni »

vaen wrote:
Vertical wrote:I welcome someone else to explain how kekeke got started.
as I understand it it's from korean starcraft players who used it as lololol

also attached is one way it could look in japanese :3 (2nd line)
Vaen's correct. It is indeed from korean starcraft players. I think its a mimicking of the zerglings or something....dunno I'll report back when i asked one of my more informed friends who keeps constant watch over the korean ladders.

Although, I'm glad I'm not one of the devs, with the amount of internet information and speculation thats floating about KS it'd be hard not to feel pressured to produce something of utterly ridiculous quality. Dev's it's dangerous from here on out, you give you my coffee mug!(well actually it was already dangerous to begin with but never mind that ne?)
vaen

Post by vaen »

WASSHOI wrote:"wwwwwwwwwwwww" is basically lolololololololol, yeah. But It's lolololololololol, not actual laughing. lol is just a shortened form of laughter to convey online really. The "w" comes from "warau" which is to laugh. So they just spam wwwwwwww. I would think it'd be odd to see Misha break out into "wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww" for her laughter.
not only that, it also kind of resembles ハハハハハハハハハハハ ( "ha" in katakana)
Mercutio

Post by Mercutio »

Jyo_ni wrote:Although, I'm glad I'm not one of the devs, with the amount of internet information and speculation thats floating about KS it'd be hard not to feel pressured to produce something of utterly ridiculous quality. Dev's it's dangerous from here on out, you give you my coffee mug!(well actually it was already dangerous to begin with but never mind that ne?)
that's the thing, man - when you make something that's going out on the internets, you got to either learn to ignore what everyone is saying or go nucking futs. I've got a friend who writes a lot of fanfic, and he gets tons of reviews telling him what he should do next in the story. people are even so stupid to threaten him to make the story go the way they want. and you know what? he ignores 'em, tells the story the way he wants to. I'd bet it's like that with the devs at least a little.
"There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion." - Sir Francis Bacon

Emi = Hanako > Lilly > Rin >>>>>>> Shizune
amazing how preference changes now that the game's actually out.
Akira/Hanako for the win. Meiko/Nurse for even more win. Miki/Misha for win that goes BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE.