Language related question

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

hasteroth

Re: Language related question

Post by hasteroth »

Envy wrote:Didn't I say some people would be only be happy if KS read like it was translated from Japanese?
I am obsessed with Japan and I don't even care. This game is too awesome for me to care.
SirMax

Post by SirMax »

abscess wrote:
ParagonDoD wrote:Well, there was that reference to Highlander. . .
Really? I didn't get that one. Where is it?
"It's like in that foreign movie where there can only be one and then at the end there's only one dude because that was the point" Kenji was talking about Highlander.
Caesius

Post by Caesius »

SirMax wrote:
abscess wrote:
ParagonDoD wrote:Well, there was that reference to Highlander. . .
Really? I didn't get that one. Where is it?
"It's like in that foreign movie where there can only be one and then at the end there's only one dude because that was the point" Kenji was talking about Highlander.
Well, he specifically says it's a "foreign movie;" I thought it would've been interesting if the characters made references to American/English-speaking culture like it was perfectly natural, if only to fuck around with people like the OP and to drive home the point that just because it's a Japanese-style VN it doesn't have to read like one.

Edit: Though now that I think about it, Risk probably isn't nearly as popular in Japan as it is in the West, and even so it's a clearly Western game. Plus I don't think most Japanese would get the reference to Shiny New Australia. But hell, I ain't no Jap, so what do I know?