Recommend a VN

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

OtakuNinja

Re: Recommend a VN

Post by OtakuNinja »

I was going to play Clannad today, but unfortunately (not really :P) I was struck by the Touhou-disease all day. :lol:
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
stanman237

Post by stanman237 »

OtakuNinja wrote:I was going to play Clannad today, but unfortunately (not really :P) I was struck by the Touhou-disease all day. :lol:
I think this flowchart would be perfect once you start playing Clannad

OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

stanman237 wrote:
OtakuNinja wrote:I was going to play Clannad today, but unfortunately (not really :P) I was struck by the Touhou-disease all day. :lol:
I think this flowchart would be perfect once you start playing Clannad

Riiiight. :lol:

About the game I was talking about, Misao; it's extremely easy to die. Here are some examples... :lol:
Lift paper - zombie that looks like Hanako pops up kills you.
Walk past telephone - you get scared, hit a wall and die. :|
Hide in the cage-thingy - some weird guy with a chainsaw turns you into kebab. :P
Rescue teacher - he thinks you are a zombie and kills you.
Walk through door - get killed by ghost.
Touch dead body that looks like Hanako - you become said body's dinner.
Talk to the ghost named Hanako (:lol:) - she kills you.
Touch rose - you get poisoned and die a painful death.
Read on your own tombstone - your dead body crawls out and kills you. :shock:
Help friend - get run over by a bus.

This is some weird shit... Half the time it's annoying, but the other half is just pure fun, laughing at the bizarre deaths (unless I forgot to save). :lol:
Auratus

Post by Auratus »

OtakuNinja wrote:
About the game I was talking about, Misao; it's extremely easy to die. Here are some examples... :lol:
So as Touhou.
If you fly around while bullet pattern that's shot relative to your position is shooting. You are screwed.
Sometime if you flew too far. You are dead or waste a bomb
Sometime if you flew too close. You are dead or waste a bomb.
Mostly if you not fly at all. You are dead or waste a bomb.
Sometime if you are at the bottom edge of a screen. You are dead or waste a bomb.
Mostly if you don't at exactly where you suppose to be. You are dead, and you probably out of bomb by now.

I think Touhou's spellcard is a good place to learn some Kanji and/or familiarize with Katakana, Weird English-Katakana transliteration (as it is) and sub-par English of ZUN, the creator. ZUN is "sub-par" in English and sometime drawing but he is good in writing story and awesome in music writing-making, and beside that there are more than 50 girl in the series.

Touhou is considered "most prolific fan-made shooter series", and it's fandom could outnumber almost everything in the world. If you stumbled into "Gensokyo" part of the Internet. 東方-Touhou Don't. Never. Ever. Ask "what is this anime". If you don't want to get flamed from it.
I want to make Thai Translation of KS alone and protesting with this signature.

Unofficially Demanding. Temporary even-more malfunctioned in English Grammar.

Introducing one of the few thread of it's kind that bring the world together. Wait, Whatever then.
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Auratus wrote:I think Touhou's spellcard is a good place to learn some Kanji and/or familiarize with Katakana, Weird English-Katakana transliteration (as it is) and sub-par English of ZUN, the creator. ZUN is "sub-par" in English and sometime drawing but he is good in writing story and awesome in music writing-making, and beside that there are more than 50 girl in the series.

Touhou is considered "most prolific fan-made shooter series", and it's fandom could outnumber almost everything in the world. If you stumbled into "Gensokyo" part of the Internet. 東方-Touhou Don't. Never. Ever. Ask "what is this anime". If you don't want to get flamed from it.
95% of Touhou is fanon, and I love it. :lol:

Btw, I just finished Misao. It's the darkest game I've ever played. :cry:

EDIT: But the ending was cu- Nevermind. :shock:
Zilveri

Post by Zilveri »

So like always, I check GameFAQs Poll of the Day and Featured Top 10 everyday, and this time there was a surprise:

The Top 10 Horror Visual Novels

I knew only one on this list (should it even be on the list?) + heard about one and one vn is clearly missing from the list. I decided to download #1, so I'll be playing that today. It will (hopefully) be an interesting experience, because I don't know what to expect (and that is always awesome).

#5's name really does sound like a CC's album.
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Zilveri wrote:I knew only one on this list (should it even be on the list?)
I presume you're talking about School Days, in which sense you are right; it's definitely not horror, just an occasional yandere or two.

Other than that, I knew of Saya no Uta, Umineko, Kara no Shoujo and Corpe Party, and they all deserve to be on the list. :)
Zilveri

Post by Zilveri »

OtakuNinja wrote: I presume you're talking about School Days, in which sense you are right; it's definitely not horror, just an occasional yandere or two.

Other than that, I knew of Saya no Uta, Umineko, Kara no Shoujo and Corpe Party, and they all deserve to be on the list. :)
Exactly. :D

So it will be interesting... I'm looking forward to it. 8)
Umber

Post by Umber »

OtakuNinja wrote:
I presume you're talking about School Days, in which sense you are right; it's definitely not horror, just an occasional yandere or two. :)
"Occasional" might be the wrong word...
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.
Flutterz

Post by Flutterz »

I know 6 of the VNs on the list, but have actually played only 2 of them, although Shikkoku no Sarnoth, Umineko and Kara no Shoujo are undoubtedly on my to-do list. :)

Also this caught my eye:
I promise you, you will make terrible choices if you're on your first playthrough without a walkthrough
The first 2 endings I got without a walkthrough were a good Kotonoha and a good Sekai ending, so bitch please. :lol:
Completed VNs: VNDB
Currently Reading: ef- a fairy tale of the two
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Umber wrote:
OtakuNinja wrote:
I presume you're talking about School Days, in which sense you are right; it's definitely not horror, just an occasional yandere or two. :)
"Occasional" might be the wrong word...
And what word would you use instead? :3
Flutterz wrote:
I promise you, you will make terrible choices if you're on your first playthrough without a walkthrough
The first 2 endings I got without a walkthrough were a good Kotonoha and a good Sekai ending, so bitch please. :lol:
It was the same for me. So far, I've gotten 4-5 endings and they've all been good. ^^
Flutterz

Post by Flutterz »

OtakuNinja wrote:And what word would you use instead? :3
Perhaps "incessant"? :P
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Flutterz wrote:
OtakuNinja wrote:And what word would you use instead? :3
Perhaps "incessant"? :P
No :P
Auratus

Post by Auratus »

Flutterz wrote:
Auratus wrote:Just finished Onikakushi arc.

Achievement Unlocked : "Aha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha."

I'd freak out if first arc Review is started with "changed" Rena and "First of all, Did you illegally acquired this copy of VN?" Would be nice anti-piracy measure. :lol:
Ha, that would probably even work, too :P

By the way, if you want to do something interesting, try writing on a piece of paper your ideas as to what (and why) things are happening while you are playing the game, and then when you are done, compare what your guesses were to what was actually going on :D
Okay. I reference this post just to spread the exciting(?) news. The dev of a game called "Game Dev Tycoon" intentionally release cracked version of their own game. Too bad those who play the cracked version will ruined by (oh the irony) Piracy when they made a great game, and when they rant about it? Pirate Marked. So my "suggestion" in few page back are doable....

Hopefully there are no dev thinking about overheating the CPU or causing computer's explosion as anti-piracy...
I want to make Thai Translation of KS alone and protesting with this signature.

Unofficially Demanding. Temporary even-more malfunctioned in English Grammar.

Introducing one of the few thread of it's kind that bring the world together. Wait, Whatever then.
Flutterz

Post by Flutterz »

Auratus wrote:Okay. I reference this post just to spread the exciting(?) news. The dev of a game called "Game Dev Tycoon" intentionally release cracked version of their own game. Too bad those who play the cracked version will ruined by (oh the irony) Piracy when they made a great game, and when they rant about it? Pirate Marked. So my "suggestion" in few page back are doable....

Hopefully there are no dev thinking about overheating the CPU or causing computer's explosion as anti-piracy...
I love it when game devs do awesome stuff like this, I'm sure they love it too since it gives them massive exposure. I've actually picked up Game Dev Tycoon (contrary to what you may have thought, I don't pirate everything :P), and my first game, "Luv-Muv", a Lacrosse Simulator, did rather well. :lol: