Do you have any disabled friends?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Umbra
Location: i have tasted the maggots of the mind of the universe

Re: Do you have any disabled friends?

Post by Umbra »

BlackWaltzTheThird wrote:
Umbra wrote:His only friend is his dad,
Time to bust out those friend-making skills, Umbra, cause you're going to make friends with this kid instead of making yourself depressed thinking about his lack thereof. Let us know how it goes!
Well, here are two problems to this. First, it's the age difference, I'm way older than him, and whenever I try to make conversation with him, I find that we don't have much to talk about. No common interests, no nothing.

Secondly, It would be obvious that I'm trying to befriend him out of pity, which would only make things worse.

So yeah, I'm doing what I can :)
(not me, but this is sweet)

I like music. If you like music too, and have similar tastes, you might want to add me on last.fm.
simmr001

Post by simmr001 »

Let's see

I have aspergers syndrome, suspected epilepsy
between my brothers their is dyslexia dyspraxia IBS and Unexplainable tumour formation on his thighs.

I have two best friends one with ADHD, and another with dissociative identity disorder.

Dad has ulcerative colitis, IBS, Rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis and asthma
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

I know many people with forms of autism, as well as ADD/ADHD. Both run in the family. I've been asked if I had Aspergers before... Honestly don't know how to reply to such a question...

I knew a deaf girl in elementary school. She was a cutie. Wanted to be her friend, but had difficulty conversing with her. Too bad there wasn't a sign language class in the second grade...