For Want of a Nail - Misha Route (Updated 11/1/19)

WORDS WORDS WORDS

HISAOxMISHA

Re: For Want of a Nail - Misha Route (New Chapter 4/8)

Post by HISAOxMISHA »

yubersarecool wrote:Long time lurker here, just registered an account to ask a question: Whats the "lie" that Shizune confronts Hisao about ? I don't feel like re-reading half this story (even though it is pretty good :P) in order to remember what it is.
Same here. I just created an account to ask the same. I have read it but the distance made me forgot some of the details. But still, this is an epic story. I love how you make the story have a lot of twists leaving me wanting for more. Please make it as long as you can :mrgreen: . I LOVE HOW YOU ADD A DIRTY SIDE TO MISHA xDDD and that "vagina" on Misha's shirt just got me laughing :P
"You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person." -Katawa Shoujo
Mader Levap

Post by Mader Levap »

HISAOxMISHA wrote:I LOVE HOW YOU ADD A DIRTY SIDE TO MISHA xDDD and that "vagina" on Misha's shirt just got me laughing :P
I would not be surprised if this is Hisao fault. He don't know English well, after all. Maybe it was "pussy" (you know... cat) or something like that?
Image Proud member of Polish Route - group that translated Katawa Shoujo to Polish. Full translation released!
ProfAllister

Post by ProfAllister »

Don't need to reread the whole story. The incident just happened in Act 3 Scene 1. Obviously, Shizune considered it a much bigger deal than Hisao.

As for the shirt, you should already be familiar with Misha's pink outfit. It was pulled straight from the VN. I guess I can reword it to "brown and tan" rather than "dark pink and light pink" if that makes it a little more clear...
Current Project: Misha Pseudo-Route

Discord ID: ProfAllister#9754
Discord server
CaptainFalcon

Post by CaptainFalcon »

The answer you are all looking for is.....
BUSH! I'll admit I had a good laugh at that one
Razputin

Post by Razputin »

Awesome chapter Prof. Alister. Glad to see you're still writing this.
Completion Order: Shizune -> Emi -> Hanako -> Rin -> Lilly

Feels Ranking: Hanako > Emi > Shizune > Lilly > Rin
octovaitor

Post by octovaitor »

This is some excellent work. Keep it up!
Attachments
django1.gif
django1.gif (680.54 KiB) Viewed 6349 times
Well, you can take me for a little while
You can take me, you can make me smile in the end.
Dr. Robotnik

Post by Dr. Robotnik »

Mader Levap wrote:
HISAOxMISHA wrote:I LOVE HOW YOU ADD A DIRTY SIDE TO MISHA xDDD and that "vagina" on Misha's shirt just got me laughing :P
I would not be surprised if this is Hisao fault. He don't know English well, after all. Maybe it was "pussy" (you know... cat) or something like that?
It was her Bush/Cheyney sweater.

Anyway, Misha was adorable in this chapter, good job.
Emibro, [Hanabro], [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, [Two-timer]
HISAOxMISHA

Post by HISAOxMISHA »

ProfAllister wrote:Don't need to reread the whole story. The incident just happened in Act 3 Scene 1. Obviously, Shizune considered it a much bigger deal than Hisao.

As for the shirt, you should already be familiar with Misha's pink outfit. It was pulled straight from the VN. I guess I can reword it to "brown and tan" rather than "dark pink and light pink" if that makes it a little more clear...
Ah now i remember. Though Hisao sure assumes things too much even in the visual novel. To be completely honest, I'm not exagerating or anything, but this route you've been making has granted everything I could ever think that Misha would do. You even added something I never thought Misha would do. Though I wish you would add more twists, like another girl that would test their relationship or something.

My face when reading the part where Shiina and Hisao were studying in his room: :shock:
"You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person." -Katawa Shoujo
HISAOxMISHA

Post by HISAOxMISHA »

I was just curious. Prof, where'd you get your name? Because the closest name I know is Alistar from League of Legends.
HISAOxMISHA

Post by HISAOxMISHA »

Also Prof i forgot to ask xD Have you watched the anime Toradora? I don't know but your Misha has somewhat the same personality as the character Kushieda Minori. They both have pink hair, likes extremely spicy food, very clumsy but absolutely skilled at the hands (Kushieda is a baseball player) and they both stick together with their best friend who is an extreme tsundere.
Razputin

Post by Razputin »

Dude, stop. The edit post button exists for a reason.
Completion Order: Shizune -> Emi -> Hanako -> Rin -> Lilly

Feels Ranking: Hanako > Emi > Shizune > Lilly > Rin
ProfAllister

Post by ProfAllister »

Uhm, wow.

I'd like to imagine you're not new to the internet, but you seem to be making a few rookie mistakes, so here's a quick primer on the appropriate netiquette:

1) Don't ever use the word "netiquette." It makes you sound like an ass.
2) Asking personal questions is somewhat off-topic and generally best reserved for PMs.
3) If you have multiple things to say, but were the last person to say anything, it's generally encouraged that you edit your most recent post (with some exceptions, depending on circumstances).

With regard to your comments:

Twists and complications are coming. Introducing too many conflicts or unnecessarily long-lived conflicts can be dangerous, as people are likely to get "drama fatigue." These things work on a natural progression. From a meta perspective, we're only at Scene 2 of Act 3, so we still have nearly two whole acts to go. From the internal perspective, Hisao and Misha are still very much in the "honeymoon" period of a new relationship. During the honeymoon, any signs of conflict are likely to be ignored or minimized, if they're noticed at all. Give it time.

I've had this name since about 2004, give or take a couple years. League of Legends was released in 2009. "Allister" is probably more recognizable in the alternate form "McAllister," meaning "Son of Alistair." "Alistair" is generally assumed to be the Scottish form of "Alexander." In other words, it's a surname. In real life, I am neither a professor, nor is "Allister," "Alistair," or "Alexander" part of my name.

I'm flattered by the implications you propose in the connection to Toradora (namely that I invented the character of Misha), but that goes to the 4LS team (of which I am by no means a part). Specifically, I understand that Anonymous22 (the author of Shizune's route and one of the main coauthors of Act 1) and Aura (the author of Rin's route and the other main coauthor of Act 1) provided the most of Misha's characterization. It's also possible that much of her final character design is the result of "design by committee." I had no part in any of that. Given Toradora's air date of 2006-2009, it is possible that there was an influence, but I'm the wrong person to ask. Out of the traits you listed, the only one that comes from me (rather than the Devs/the original VN) is the spicy food. Also, Shizune's not Tsundere by any stretch of the imagination. If she's a -dere at all, it would be Kuudere.

And no, I haven't seen Toradora, or much recent anime at all.
Current Project: Misha Pseudo-Route

Discord ID: ProfAllister#9754
Discord server
StudyOfWumbology

Post by StudyOfWumbology »

When Prof sets things straight, he really sets things straight. Remind me never to get into a fight with you.
Things happen. For the best or for the worst we do not know.
HISAOxMISHA

Post by HISAOxMISHA »

Sorry about that prof :? I'm just the talkative type of person. Sometimes I get too interested in something that I forget to mind other people's "rights". It's like once a topic gets in my brain, all of these wierd or obvious questions start coming out that I become rude at times.
But anyways, forgive me prof for delving into too much of something off-topic to the thread :(
Sperance

Post by Sperance »

This is really good! I'm looking forward to see where you'll go with this