What do you think Hanako's funeral will be like?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Well?!

It would be a very calm, normal funeral; however, only Hisao, Lilly, and Akira attend. Nobody else in the world cares about her enough.
18%
There would be many people to attend. Hanako might seem unapproachable, but many students and teachers do care about her.
28%
Misha would show up and wahaha~ the whole time to raise everyone's spirits.
6%
There would be no funeral. Hisao and Lilly can't afford one. She'll simply be buried with no final tribute.
2%
The question is invalid because Hanako is immortal.
35%
The bullies from elementary school will turn up just to call the dead girl names and laugh at her grieving loved ones.
2%
The bullies from elementary school will turn up, open her coffin, and set her corpse on fire as a very cruel practical joke.
9%

Total votes: 127

Oddball

Re: What do you think Hanako's funeral will be like?

Post by Oddball »

KeiichiO wrote:
Oddball wrote:Oh, and about 98% of funerals in Japan involve cremation anyway, ... just so you know.
You seem to know a lot about Japan. Do you study their culture? Or are you a resident of Japan? Just curious.
I wouldn't say I've studied their culture, but since I've gotten into doing fanfic here, I've looked up lots of stuff, mainly to help keep the feel of the thing right and so I don't make too many huge mistakes.
Not Dead Yet
Zailen

Post by Zailen »

Okay everyone. Lets all take a deep breath. Lets hug and be friends. I retract nothing however. I feel sad about thinking about something like this, seeing that I couldn't imagine how or why Hanako would die anytime near the time of the events at Yamaku.

That being said. Uhh...Uhh...Yamaku seems like an inclusive group. Even if they do have their own cliques. If one falls, I imagine they all would step in to say farewell to one of their own, their own liking of the person set aside. We've seen that in the Hanako line many times. Namely with the group work scene. Shizune breaks her own rules in a way and helped Hanako. And she was really good at it too. She did that, despite her being...I dont want to say it. But Im going to anyway. "Aligned" With Lilly. Why? It was the right thing to do, and I believe that Shizune, like ALL of the student body, really wants everyone to succeed, and be okay. So in short. Yes. Small ceremony. Lots of visitors. And if not visitors, a memorial of some sort put on by the school.

Lets go back to talking about happy stuff now. For greater justice. *nod nod*
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Zailen wrote:Lets go back to talking about happy stuff now. For greater justice. *nod nod*
I agree. We can speculate on the darker parts of life and relate them to KS, though, next time, let's put some thought into it. Seriously, think really hard before you press that 'post' button.
Zailen

Post by Zailen »

Haha for sure. Luckilly! What I love about the KS community is that noone will ever tell another fan that they are downright WRONG about their opinion, or that they dont belong here. Everyone has a place.

However, that being said. I couldnt tell you HOW many times Ive posted, then went "OHGOD AM I GOING TO OFFEND PEOPLE OR SOUND STUPID I SURE HOPE NOT!"

Annnnd you know i panic for like four hours, then i check back and everything is cool.

OT: Perhaps everyone would leave an item or something. I can see chess pieces, books, and dolls being left. That would be nice :)
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

You're a good poster. You think before you click 'submit'. That's a very good attribute. Keep it up!

Also, opinions can't be wrong. That's why they are opinions.
Potato

Post by Potato »

KeiichiO wrote:You're a good poster. You think before you click 'submit'. That's a very good attribute. Keep it up!

Also, opinions can't be wrong. That's why they are opinions.
"Blue is the best color" is an opinion. What if someone else prefers green? That opinion is subjectively wrong.

"God does not exist" is an opinion. What happens if he actually exists? That opinion is objectively wrong. :P Facts cannot be wrong. Opinions are a crapshoot.

And Hisao and Lilly would play a chess game over Hanako's grave every year on the anniversary of her death. :mrgreen:
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
StudyOfWumbology

Post by StudyOfWumbology »

Katie I understand you're a masochist and all, but seriously where will you stop?
Things happen. For the best or for the worst we do not know.
BlackWaltzTheThird

Post by BlackWaltzTheThird »

Potato wrote:"God does not exist" is an opinion. What happens if he actually exists? That opinion is objectively wrong.
But "God does not exist" is not an opinion. There are no subjective terms in that statement. It is, therefore, a fact. If God does happen to exist, then yes it is incorrect, but it is still not an opinion.
BlackWaltz's One-stop Oneshot Shop - my fanfiction portal topic. Contains links to all my previous works, plus starting now any new ones I may produce (or reproduce)! Please, check it out!

BlackWaltz's Pastebin - for those who prefer to read things with no formatting and stuff. It's mostly the same as in my thread. Also contains assorted other writing!
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Potato wrote:"Blue is the best color" is an opinion. What if someone else prefers green? That opinion is subjectively wrong.

"God does not exist" is an opinion. What happens if he actually exists? That opinion is objectively wrong. :P Facts cannot be wrong. Opinions are a crapshoot.

And Hisao and Lilly would play a chess game over Hanako's grave every year on the anniversary of her death. :mrgreen:
My point was that people can believe what ever they want to, whether factual or not. If it's fact in their head, let it be. There's obvious exceptions, and people need to know the truth on some things, but if it's an opinion on a video game or something similar, it can't be defined as 'wrong'. It's what they believe, and telling them that their opinion is wrong is just, wrong.

@BlackWaltz: It's not wise to turn this into a religious debate. I'd stay clear of that subject just to make sure we don't offend anyone. (Not that I have any right in saying what people can post. I'm just looking out for people)
Potato

Post by Potato »

KeiichiO wrote:if it's an opinion on a video game or something similar, it can't be defined as 'wrong'.
In that case, Yuuko is best girl. 8)

How might Kenji react to one of these alleged feminists dying, I wonder...
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Potato wrote:In that case, Yuuko is best girl. 8)
WRONG.

Rin is best girl. End of discussion.

Just kidding. Feel free to have your opinions. While I respect them, I have to strongly disagree with them :lol:
Zailen

Post by Zailen »

Indeed. Perhaps another example.

Plus you are both wrong.

SHIZUNE is CLEARLY best girl.

See. I believe this to be true. However I know for a fact that as far as opinions go, I would be in the minority here. Yet, knowing that. I give zero inches to back down on the ferocity of my opinion on the matter. However. It is still in itself, an opinion that I had conjured on my own, and is in no way any more correct than even those who enjoyed...Say...Lilly more.

I admit my tastes dont quite fit a more morbid idea about a story like this one. (Being Katawa Shoujo.) At least. Not in this sense. I understand there is some serious themes within it, however I'm the type that at least TRIES to look on the brighter side of things more often than not.

Should topics like this exist? I PERSONALLY think so, so long as there are grounds of it being a real discussion, or has evidence of something similar in the source material. This topic inparticular does, technically. Maybe not with Hanako, but death is a close friend to many students at Yamaku I'd imagine. Hisao included. So it's only natural to think about it, even if I'd prefer not to.

However, I don't believe that to be a free pass to talk about morbidity just for the sake of morbidity, which. I do not believe is happening here.

Besides. Hanako is never hated by anyone at YAMAKU. However, she doesn't really have any friends either, besides Lilly of course. Thus, my opinion still stands. Yamaku, like ANY school, would not take the death of one of their own lightly. It's just not a thing that people do. I imagine alot of people would walk around the halls thinking. "Gee. I wish I'd gotten a chance to get to know her better." Food for thought.
Carighan

Post by Carighan »

[...]

(I agree that Shizune is the best girl. And she does, too! And Misha does, too!)
The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.
Potato

Post by Potato »

Zailen wrote:I imagine a lot of people would walk around the halls thinking. "Gee. I wish I'd gotten a chance to get to know her better." Food for thought.
I've often wondered what the thoughts of the cast might be after Hisao's untimely picnic-related death...It's bound to dampen the festival mood at the least.
BlackWaltzTheThird

Post by BlackWaltzTheThird »

KeiichiO wrote:@BlackWaltz: It's not wise to turn this into a religious debate. I'd stay clear of that subject just to make sure we don't offend anyone. (Not that I have any right in saying what people can post. I'm just looking out for people)
I wasn't trying to. My point was that being incorrect doesn't make something an opinion. It makes it a misnomer. "God is/isn't real" is a pair of fact and misnomer. Which is which is up to science to decide. Now, "I believe that God is/isn't real" on the other hand is an entirely different story...
BlackWaltz's One-stop Oneshot Shop - my fanfiction portal topic. Contains links to all my previous works, plus starting now any new ones I may produce (or reproduce)! Please, check it out!

BlackWaltz's Pastebin - for those who prefer to read things with no formatting and stuff. It's mostly the same as in my thread. Also contains assorted other writing!