Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

TheHivemind
Path Writer

Re: Ask!

Post by TheHivemind »

Miguel wrote:This question may be a little bit tricky. Why is Emi's behavior so different between the good and the bad ending (at the track just after Misha asks you about your problems with her ) although the fact that you decide trust Misha or not shouldn't have a direct effect on her behavior?

I made Emi's route blind and I got the bad ending at first. I got a little bit angry when I repeated this part to get the good ending and saw great differences that I didn't get at all. :?

Also sorry for my bad expression English isn't my mother tongue. :oops:
The reason Emi's behavior is different is twofold:

First, if you talk to Misha Hisao actually winds up talking to Emi a lot sooner than you would have otherwise. Second, talking to Misha causes Hisao to approach Emi differently, which in turn causes her to act differently.

That's the story reason.

The game reason is because Misha's talk with you was added in as a safety valve after some of the initial feedback was that we should put in a last chance to save yourself rather than having it all hinge on the dinner scene.
Chaon

Post by Chaon »

Is Shizune born deaf? Because the people who born deaf don't have abillities in both read or write. (they don't know the voice.)

To be honest, I'm not read all of her story maybe I miss some of her information.

Thanks.
I like pencil. | My name is (Cha-On) this -Cha- pronounce as -Che- from Che Guevara.
Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

Chaon wrote:Is Shizune born deaf? Because the people who born deaf don't have abillities in both read or write. (they don't know the voice.)

To be honest, I'm not read all of her story maybe I miss some of her information.

Thanks.
If I'm getting what you're asking, your assumption is that people born deaf can't learn to read or write... which is a completely visual thing, and has nothing to do with hearing. What deaf people usually can't do is speak, even if they're not mute--they never learn to imitate phonetic structure because they can't hear people talking. Reading and writing have nothing to do with hearing directly. I imagine it's easier to learn the basics if you can hear someone explain it, but that can be gotten across through gestures (sign language), and the symbols speak for themselves.

As for Shizune specifically, I'm not entirely certain about the specifics, but, based on my reading, she was probably born deaf.
Kwyna

Post by Kwyna »

For Nicol,

KS pretty much introduced me to classical music, I'm ashamed to say. I wanted to ask how long you've been playing and composing. And if you had any advice for someone who wanted to learn piano in his spare time.
Nicol Armarfi
Musician

Post by Nicol Armarfi »

Kwyna wrote:For Nicol,

KS pretty much introduced me to classical music, I'm ashamed to say. I wanted to ask how long you've been playing and composing. And if you had any advice for someone who wanted to learn piano in his spare time.
practise
neio

Post by neio »

Nicol Armarfi wrote:
Kwyna wrote:For Nicol,

practise
This is the only answer. Although I'd revise it to "deliberate practice."
See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Practice_( ... e_practice

I also recommend the book Talent is Overrated.
Recommended fics: A pseudo-pseudo Suzu Route | Sisterhood (Hanako Epilogue) | Can You Open Your Heart? (Rika)

(New) Movie contest: From which 2012 film did I mangle this quote? Prize: Humble Bundle
You're worried about the Nurse? Try the mom.
Glitter Freeze

Post by Glitter Freeze »

Was is drawn by Suriko?

Also, is there a source file for the carillon bells of Yamaku?
Yellow 13 wrote:also, After the heart attack you are in a hospital room, all alone, back to square one. but then suddenly the music box and FEELS, FEELS EVERYWHERE
Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer

Post by Suriko »

Glitter Freeze wrote:
Was is drawn by Suriko?

Also, is there a source file for the carillon bells of Yamaku?
It was drawn by Skim. I just did the shitty vector+wall. Source image is here [shimmie]231[/shimmie]
Cereal_Guy_Dan

Re: Question for the Devs

Post by Cereal_Guy_Dan »

Aura wrote:Well, to turn the question around: why should we make KS2? I can't think of a single good reason to return to KS. It's just not very interesting because I feel we did enough with this setting already. I think it's better to do something fresh that actually really fires me up.
I did what I always do in any sort of public forum and broke my keyboard w/ a response - now I'm going to shorten it for you (and it's still TL, but please R anyway.) Pathetic fanboying ahead.

Firstly, none of this is intended in a confrontational tone. That said, I've seen this answer several times and don't get it - they're all about to graduate and you can change the setting to any place, their ages to any number, and their situation to whatever you can come up with (look in your fanfic forum and you'll see dozens of people doing just that!). You have thousands of fans hooked (yes, still) on the characters you so lovingly crafted over a period of years of your lives. I may be way off the mark, but to me the people asking for something like what you detailed in your April Fool's blog are in a tiny minority. I don't want a new cast or a high school setting - I want the further adventures of the characters you've already given me written and drawn by 4LS.

I hope I won't offend by mentioning money - b/c as we all know, it was obviously never a factor - but I will tell you right now that if you released 6 sequels (or less if Misha x Shizune pans out) detailing each girl post-high school finding romance after not being "chosen" by Hisao from her own POV, I'd be hitting Paypal for every one of them. Even better for me personally - you tell me a Hanako/Hisao story (or stories) in which they remember telling Lilly about their relationship, remember the first time they made love with no agenda (doesn't have to be explicit, I just want the feels), visit her parents' grave, meet his parents together for the first time, go to university, get married, etc, etc, etc and i will tear out one of my kidneys with my teeth and gingerly hand it to whomever wants it (I can't physically do that, so let's stick with Paypal). I would buy (or donate to) this property over any game/book/movie I can think of (except maybe if they continued HBO's "Carnivale" in comic book/animated format). Give me a button right now and I'll retroactively donate for the first one! My point is, there are people who are very passionate about what you've done here.

If the idea of further associating with KS in any way is torturous and deadening to you as artists, I certainly respect you for refusing to force it, and I suppose I'm left to: accept it, say no more about it, and get what I can from fanfics. I'm probably just too myopic to understand how you all spent (and are still spending, via this forum) so many years with these characters to close your minds to ever taking up their stories again. You can't be close minded people - look what you created from a forum post about a smattering of character details and pictures on a page!

Thanks for reading and please accept my apologies if I've offended,
a fan
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Cereal_Guy_Dan wrote:
Aura wrote:Well, to turn the question around: why should we make KS2? I can't think of a single good reason to return to KS. It's just not very interesting because I feel we did enough with this setting already. I think it's better to do something fresh that actually really fires me up.
I did what I always do in any sort of public forum and broke my keyboard w/ a response - now I'm going to shorten it for you (and it's still TL, but please R anyway.) Pathetic fanboying ahead.

Firstly, none of this is intended in a confrontational tone. That said, I've seen this answer several times and don't get it - they're all about to graduate and you can change the setting to any place, their ages to any number, and their situation to whatever you can come up with (look in your fanfic forum and you'll see dozens of people doing just that!). You have thousands of fans hooked (yes, still) on the characters you so lovingly crafted over a period of years of your lives. I may be way off the mark, but to me the people asking for something like what you detailed in your April Fool's blog are in a tiny minority. I don't want a new cast or a high school setting - I want the further adventures of the characters you've already given me written and drawn by 4LS.

I hope I won't offend by mentioning money - b/c as we all know, it was obviously never a factor - but I will tell you right now that if you released 6 sequels (or less if Misha x Shizune pans out) detailing each girl post-high school finding romance after not being "chosen" by Hisao from her own POV, I'd be hitting Paypal for every one of them. Even better for me personally - you tell me a Hanako/Hisao story (or stories) in which they remember telling Lilly about their relationship, remember the first time they made love with no agenda (doesn't have to be explicit, I just want the feels), visit her parents' grave, meet his parents together for the first time, go to university, get married, etc, etc, etc and i will tear out one of my kidneys with my teeth and gingerly hand it to whomever wants it (I can't physically do that, so let's stick with Paypal). I would buy (or donate to) this property over any game/book/movie I can think of (except maybe if they continued HBO's "Carnivale" in comic book/animated format). Give me a button right now and I'll retroactively donate for the first one! My point is, there are people who are very passionate about what you've done here.

If the idea of further associating with KS in any way is torturous and deadening to you as artists, I certainly respect you for refusing to force it, and I suppose I'm left to: accept it, say no more about it, and get what I can from fanfics. I'm probably just too myopic to understand how you all spent (and are still spending, via this forum) so many years with these characters to close your minds to ever taking up their stories again. You can't be close minded people - look what you created from a forum post about a smattering of character details and pictures on a page!

a fan
The idea of making more KS is not torturous or anything dramatic like that. It's just less interesting than a number of other things I could be doing. And because there are no other forces in play, it's unlikely I end up doing more KS in any foreseeable future. I'd probably rather do what I feel like doing, right? Sure, if I wanted to seriously make money from making VNs, a KS sequel would be right at the top of the list of stuff to do, but that's not very appealing due to all the downsides.

The reason why more KS isn't an interesting idea by itself is a result of many factors, some which I've mentioned when this question has been brought up in the past.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Cereal_Guy_Dan

Post by Cereal_Guy_Dan »

Aura wrote:
Cereal_Guy_Dan wrote:

a fan
The idea of making more KS is not torturous or anything dramatic like that. It's just less interesting than a number of other things I could be doing. And because there are no other forces in play, it's unlikely I end up doing more KS in any foreseeable future. I'd probably rather do what I feel like doing, right? Sure, if I wanted to seriously make money from making VNs, a KS sequel would be right at the top of the list of stuff to do, but that's not very appealing due to all the downsides.

The reason why more KS isn't an interesting idea by itself is a result of many factors, some which I've mentioned when this question has been brought up in the past.
Fair enough. I understand slice of life stuff can be dull. I get that you all feel as though you've said all you had to say through these characters even though it's not all I want to hear from them. I've seen the responses to this question and I know you're all very sick of hearing requests about it - so I genuinely appreciate that you didn't become frustrated with me. I've written something like this several times and deleted it each time without posting- but finally after the April Fool's thing, I thought if I was ever going to say something it might as well be now. It's far from the first or best written request, and you've doubtlessly received better ideas, but now at least I feel better having shared mine. I wouldn't be able to do that if you folks weren't open enough to allow your fans to talk to you about these things. I really appreciate it, and as always, thanks for KS and I'll look forward to what you do in the future.
Orieujac

Post by Orieujac »

Well, after reading so many good fan-fics, i started to wonder that maybe expanding KS by adding more routes, more interactions with other classmates (Hisao doesnt talk to most), polishing the currently available routes and adding some little epilogues after each route is a good idea.

Something like the 2011 April Fools expansion is the best i can think of. Extending the current routes too much would make them dull.
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

Orieujac wrote:
Well, after reading so many good fan-fics, i started to wonder that maybe expanding KS by adding more routes, more interactions with other classmates (Hisao doesnt talk to most), polishing the currently available routes and adding some little epilogues after each route is a good idea.

Something like the 2011 April Fools expansion is the best i can think of. Extending the current routes too much would make them dull.
I think you are confusing "what would e interesting to read" with Aura's point of "what would be interesting for us to write."

I'm much more into scifi and action these days (well, all days really. KS was a total departure for me). Writing about school worries just doesn't make me want to bash the keys...
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
TehLandshark

Post by TehLandshark »

Question for Aura (I mention KS2 but that isn't the topic, so don't skip the instant you see it):
While I know that KS2 isn't happening and you don't want to return to KS because it is a boring concept at this point and you don't want to do anything else in a Japanese high school, and while I know that nothing outside of KS is canon and that 4Leaf owns all of the characters,

If we were in a perfect world where 4Leaf doesn't own the rights to Rin, would you have any interest in doing a solo project just about her? Not even with Hisao or the same setting, plot, or anything else from KS, could you be inspired to write a story (not necessarily a VN or anything in particular, just any piece of content) about Rin or a Rin-like character? Whether or not we all received feels from her or think of her as a "waifu" in some crazy fanboyish manner, we can generally agree that Rin had some of the best writing and was easily the most complex character. You have an entire fanbase that would love to see more content in any form of her, and while maybe sick of the concept of KS, I want to see your opinion on what you would do given this perfect universe where you have full rights to her character and the freedom to make any story of your own based around her.

Again, I know that this is probably an impossibility legally, unless you end up just doing a fanfic-y thing like A Runner's Afternoon. And here is Yummine's opinion:
yummines wrote:Rin all wet was too damn cute to fap to.
Richter Bromont wrote:
Nurse wrote:You didn't... throw your medication at Seagulls again, did you?
Hisao wrote: FUCK YOU, THEY STARTED IT!
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

TehLandshark wrote:Question for Aura (I mention KS2 but that isn't the topic, so don't skip the instant you see it):
While I know that KS2 isn't happening and you don't want to return to KS because it is a boring concept at this point and you don't want to do anything else in a Japanese high school, and while I know that nothing outside of KS is canon and that 4Leaf owns all of the characters,

If we were in a perfect world where 4Leaf doesn't own the rights to Rin, would you have any interest in doing a solo project just about her? Not even with Hisao or the same setting, plot, or anything else from KS, could you be inspired to write a story (not necessarily a VN or anything in particular, just any piece of content) about Rin or a Rin-like character? Whether or not we all received feels from her or think of her as a "waifu" in some crazy fanboyish manner, we can generally agree that Rin had some of the best writing and was easily the most complex character. You have an entire fanbase that would love to see more content in any form of her, and while maybe sick of the concept of KS, I want to see your opinion on what you would do given this perfect universe where you have full rights to her character and the freedom to make any story of your own based around her.

Again, I know that this is probably an impossibility legally, unless you end up just doing a fanfic-y thing like A Runner's Afternoon. And here is Yummine's opinion:
yummines wrote:Rin all wet was too damn cute to fap to.
I don't know why you think 4LS is some shady, nefarious entity that forcefully prevents me from touching KS ever again. I am 4LS, just as much as any other KS dev is. I own the rights to Rin along with everyone else here. If was interested in doing a story about her, I probably could.

My opinion in this perfect universe (that we happen to be in) where I could do anything I want with Rin is that right now there's other stuff I'd rather do.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents