Design your character!

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

Warwise

Re: Design your character!

Post by Warwise »

Im an average writer, but I cant draw anything. I have ideas for two girls. Anyone would be willing to draw/sketch two girls for me?
Zykes

Post by Zykes »

Warwise wrote:Im an average writer, but I cant draw anything. I have ideas for two girls. Anyone would be willing to draw/sketch two girls for me?
I believe requesting (Or public thread requesting) is against the ToS. So you might wanna look for a private/outside of this site way of finding a person to do so.
"I look down as I step forward, passing by all those that stare, and hold fear in my heart. I stop and look up, I realize I am not afraid of what others think of me. I am afraid of of what I think of myself."

Staggering Harmony - OC Fanfic
mysterycycle

Post by mysterycycle »

FoxtrotZero wrote:These people are huge. I mean, abso-fucking-loutely massive. Average height isn't as much in Japan, and if they're of entirely (or primarily, in Yuno's case) Japanese blood, these heights are almost freakish. As a point of comparison, my character, at 5'10", would be taller than basically everyone at the school (that said, 5'10" is my actual height and I attend a school with a predominant asian population, and I do stand significantly taller than just about everyone). Unless these people have foreign blood or you enjoy them being on the distant end of the bell curve, you might want to tone it down so that they're large by Japanese standards, not Western ones.
Makes me think maybe I should make a character with Gigantism, if someone hasn't already done that.
You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person.
ImageImage
Couch to 5k with Emi: WD123 W2D123 W3D123 W4D123 W5D123 W6D123 W7D123 W8D123 W9D123
I'm making a Katawa Shoujo doujinshi!
My deviantArt
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

I suppose one of us should do the specs for Shouko, now that shes an unofficial student at Yamaku. http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=8335 :)

http://www.mangapark.com/manga/koe-no-katachi/c0/all
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
mysterycycle

Post by mysterycycle »

Hmm, you're right. I should give that a shot, since after that last conversation I began working on a fanfic involving that scene.

Maybe I'll incorporate my gigantism-afflicted character into that, too? :P
You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person.
ImageImage
Couch to 5k with Emi: WD123 W2D123 W3D123 W4D123 W5D123 W6D123 W7D123 W8D123 W9D123
I'm making a Katawa Shoujo doujinshi!
My deviantArt
FoxtrotZero

Post by FoxtrotZero »

I'm considering changing Emma's name on the grounds that her personality has similarities to Emi's. The least I could do is give her a different-sounding name.

But the thing is, it just seems like such an apt name for the character's emotional state and appearance. Does that make sense? As she exists, clear as day, in my head, "Emma" just seems like the correct name.

What do you guys think?
Reccomended Fanfic: Sisterhood by Guest Poster - Braving the Storm by Doomish - Akira Pseudo-Route (WIP) by Thanatos02
Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

FoxtrotZero wrote:I'm considering changing Emma's name on the grounds that her personality has similarities to Emi's. The least I could do is give her a different-sounding name.

But the thing is, it just seems like such an apt name for the character's emotional state and appearance. Does that make sense? As she exists, clear as day, in my head, "Emma" just seems like the correct name.

What do you guys think?
Sometimes a name is just a name.

Try to remember that before anyone attached significance to any name, they were just what people were called. They don't need to fit the character, only make sense with their background--it should be a name their parents would have dubbed them.

If you're afraid of people confusing Emma with Emi, try something different.