What hurts the most?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

pandaphil

Re: What hurts the most?

Post by pandaphil »

I know the feeling. I've had 3-4 friends on Second Life try it and love it. And just as many who never get around to it, play one chapter and stop, or in one case, get pissed off by Kenji to the point where they don't want to play anymore. Its frustrating, but what can you do? I don't want to be a nag or a pest about it.
Last edited by pandaphil on Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Hisao&Hanako<3

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

My latest endeavor is in the game I play, Perfect World. I try to get my faction members into it by posting pictures of Hanako and providing download links, but I don't think anyone caught on. In fact I'm largely ignored there. The only reason I stay is because of the level 15 faction base. :lol:
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote:My latest endeavor is in the game I play, Perfect World. I try to get my faction members into it by posting pictures of Hanako and providing download links, but I don't think anyone caught on. In fact I'm largely ignored there. The only reason I stay is because of the level 15 faction base. :lol:
:lol: Ah, Perfect World...Ironically not that perfect.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Hisao&Hanako<3

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

Yeah, glitches and crap, laggy connections sometimes. I'm not going to stop now though, when I have an almost level 92 Assassin.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote:Yeah, glitches and crap, laggy connections sometimes. I'm not going to stop now though, when I have an almost level 92 Assassin.
Enjoy the Skinner Box...
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
ShadeHaven

Post by ShadeHaven »

Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote:One thing that hurts the most, I think, is being so enthusiastic, telling some friends about the game, saying it's really good and being all happy and excited...

...yet none of them want to try it. That really hurts somehow. I want people to see these amazing stories! They blow it off like it's nothing. That sucks. I hope I can get my good friend I've known 21 years to try it, or at least watch it. Haven't told him much about it yet.
Thats the worst. It's pretty depressing they way people nonchalantly shun you when talking about KS, or VNs in general.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

ShadeHaven wrote:
Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote:One thing that hurts the most, I think, is being so enthusiastic, telling some friends about the game, saying it's really good and being all happy and excited...

...yet none of them want to try it. That really hurts somehow. I want people to see these amazing stories! They blow it off like it's nothing. That sucks. I hope I can get my good friend I've known 21 years to try it, or at least watch it. Haven't told him much about it yet.
Thats the worst. It's pretty depressing they way people nonchalantly shun you when talking about KS, or VNs in general.
Nothing more depressing/annoying when nobody around you gives a shit about what you're interested in.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Xanatos wrote:
Nothing more depressing/annoying when nobody around you gives a shit about what you're interested in.
Which is another reason I thank God every day for the internet. No matter how hard I geek out over something, I can get online and find someone else who's got it just as bad. :)
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

pandaphil wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
Which is another reason I thank God every day for the internet. No matter how hard I geek out over something, I can get online and find someone else who's got it just as bad. :)
I'd literally be dead without the 'net for this and other reasons. :lol:
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Have always placed "developing the brain" over "developing the body".
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
BananaPudding

Post by BananaPudding »

Xanatos wrote: Nothing more depressing/annoying when nobody around you gives a shit about what you're interested in.
one of the reasons I'm not very close to my friends is because I usually assume that they don't care, so I don't bring things up often unless I know they are already interested in it.
Completion order: Emi->Lily->Shizune->Hanako->Rin
Feels order: Emi->lily/Hanako->Rin->Shizune
Hisao&Hanako<3

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

Yeah I fall to that one too, I have yet to bring up KS much with my good friend of 21 years. Should do that soon...

And yes, the net is great for many reasons, mentioned before.

And um, skinner box? I'm confused.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote:Yeah I fall to that one too, I have yet to bring up KS much with my good friend of 21 years. Should do that soon...

And yes, the net is great for many reasons, mentioned before.

And um, skinner box? I'm confused.
This is the Skinner Box. "I'm not gonna stop when I've put all this work into a character...Maybe just one more level..."
Hisao&Hanako<3

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

I'm going to reload and get back on topic. What hurts the most is being misunderstood and misjudged. And through that misunderstanding, people develop a strong dislike for everything I stand for. But I read a quote somewhere...

"To be great is to be misunderstood."

But, to quote someone from somewhere else...

"Master Comforter"... I like that. Just like Heartman. You're right. I am a master at what I do. And I'm very empathetic about it too. I need a girl like that... one that would loathe to cause someone else pain.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

All I can say is "You can be an honourable man and still make mistakes." A toast to Prince Wrynn.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."