Emi inspired running/workout

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Caden Tiksaril

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by Caden Tiksaril »

So the weather has finally started to warm up, and it's staying warm enough for me to get back into my normal running routine. Even after a couple of practice runs over the weekend, I still can't run a full mile consistently. Though I remember it being like that for me when I first started out a year ago, so I'm not gonna let it discourage me - I merely chalk this up as me being out of shape. As long as I push myself like I did last year, I'll see progress. So even though today's run wasn't a nonstop run, I'll count it as the first day in my second attempt at the couch-to-5K challenge. Wish me luck!
- My Youtube, used mostly for my Touhou achievements.
- My Skype name is funen1.
BananaPudding

Post by BananaPudding »

So I did the C to 5k thing a few months ago, and I "ran" my first 5k over the weekend. I ran for about half of the race at a kind of slow jog, slower than the runners, but faster than the walkers (it was a pretty casual 5k)

This has inspired me to do the C to 5k thing over again, but instead of jogging slightly above walking speed I'm going to actually run.

Just finished the first day and I did it, barely, but I did it :D

Gonna keep this thread updated with my progress to keep myself motivated
Completion order: Emi->Lily->Shizune->Hanako->Rin
Feels order: Emi->lily/Hanako->Rin->Shizune
Sk3tch

Post by Sk3tch »

It's been nice and warm all week however this morning it was snowing/raining and was bitter cold. So no morning run for me, if it isn't freezing tomorrow I will run then. Darn weather. :?
Emi Couch to 5k : W4D1 Completed
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Now, I'm jogging/walking first thing in the morning, if there's no work and the weather permits. Get it done and out of the way quickly.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
SirSlaughter

Post by SirSlaughter »

Week 3, Day 3.

So far so good. I do a routnie in the morning every other day (When I say morning I mean when I wake up around 10-12).

One more week And I'm gonna give it some supplemental workouts. Either Tapout XT or P90X. (My parents got tapout a while back and my cousin left p90X here)
I might even post a picture of progress after some time, I aready got before pictures, just need to become that "after" guy now haha.
ImageImage
Tsubame

Post by Tsubame »

I would really love to try those regimens.. But only if there's a place to run where i live.. =(( it sucks so much.. x_x

Cosplay Plans in Progress:
Admiral Kizaru -Warring Kingdoms XinZhao -Megaman Black Ace -Aeon-Castlevania
A Forum Member

Post by A Forum Member »

Tsubame wrote:I would really love to try those regimens.. But only if there's a place to run where i live.. =(( it sucks so much.. x_x
Treadmills are your friends.
Tsubame

Post by Tsubame »

threadmills are expensive here.. xD we live a simple life only. hehehe..

Sk3tch

Post by Sk3tch »

Tsubame wrote:threadmills are expensive here.. xD we live a simple life only. hehehe..
I run along the street sidewalks. You don't need to have a certain place to run.
Emi Couch to 5k : W4D1 Completed
Caden Tiksaril

Post by Caden Tiksaril »

Two words: "oh" and "yeah". :D Week 1 complete, and I finally feel like I'm getting back into the rhythm of running one mile. Time to bump things up to 2Ks for week 2.
- My Youtube, used mostly for my Touhou achievements.
- My Skype name is funen1.
BananaPudding

Post by BananaPudding »

Went running again today, didn't finish because I was getting really dehydrated and getting dizzy and all that. It was pretty hot out today. I don't drink enough water as it is, so I'm going to make an effort to drink more and try today's run again
A Forum Member

Post by A Forum Member »

BananaPudding wrote:Went running again today, didn't finish because I was getting really dehydrated and getting dizzy and all that. It was pretty hot out today. I don't drink enough water as it is, so I'm going to make an effort to drink more and try today's run again
A treadmill would solve your problems.
BananaPudding

Post by BananaPudding »

A Forum Member wrote:
BananaPudding wrote:Went running again today, didn't finish because I was getting really dehydrated and getting dizzy and all that. It was pretty hot out today. I don't drink enough water as it is, so I'm going to make an effort to drink more and try today's run again
can't even come close to affording one any time soon, unfortunately :/
SirSlaughter

Post by SirSlaughter »

BananaPudding wrote:
A Forum Member wrote:
can't even come close to affording one any time soon, unfortunately :/
Do you have any gyms nearby? I know on the military post I used to live in there was a free to use gym and over here there are a few gyms you could go to (you need to be a member though). But it's an option right?
ImageImage
Tsubame

Post by Tsubame »

Sk3tch wrote:
Tsubame wrote:threadmills are expensive here.. xD we live a simple life only. hehehe..
I run along the street sidewalks. You don't need to have a certain place to run.
oh no.. believe me, you wouldnt wanna run on the philippine streets. xD so yeah, i just do aikido instead. xD