What hurts the most?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Xanatos

Re: What hurts the most?

Post by Xanatos »

Whenever I go to the barber, my thigh cramps horribly when I lean back in the chair. Freaks them out... :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Umber

Post by Umber »

Xanatos wrote:Whenever I go to the barber, my thigh cramps horribly when I lean back in the chair. Freaks them out... :lol:
Rin wrote: "I'm the barber-pole!"
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Umber wrote:
Xanatos wrote:Whenever I go to the barber, my thigh cramps horribly when I lean back in the chair. Freaks them out... :lol:
BARBERSHOP POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!
yummines

Post by yummines »

Rin's crying face is probably one of the most heartbreaking faces I've ever seen.

also, this

oh and unrelated to KS, sometimes i wake up with my leg muscles tightened. worst pain i've ever had so far in my life.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Umber wrote:
:lol: BEST CALLBACK!
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
TheCreate

Post by TheCreate »

There were definitely a lot of moments that really hurt to read, but two scenes in particular come to mind (haven't finished Lilly's route yet)
The first was when Hanako secluded herself in her room on her birthday. I really cared about Hanako on her path and not having the option to comfort her at that scene made it especially gut-wrenching :/
The other time was near the end of Rin's path when Nomiya chews her out in his office. Seeing Rin's face after his rant really stung and it made me wonder at the time if Rin's story could have a "happy" ending
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

TheCreate wrote:There were definitely a lot of moments that really hurt to read, but two scenes in particular come to mind (haven't finished Lilly's route yet)
The first was when Hanako secluded herself in her room on her birthday. I really cared about Hanako on her path and not having the option to comfort her at that scene made it especially gut-wrenching :/
The other time was near the end of Rin's path when Nomiya chews her out in his office. Seeing Rin's face after his rant really stung and it made me wonder at the time if Rin's story could have a "happy" ending
Well, you can try to comfort Hanako...
centurion911

Post by centurion911 »

My girlfriend goes to school 350ish miles away from where I go to school. I visit her and she visits me all the time, but anytime either of us leave it gives me a double feel. One for real life, the other for the Hisao/Lilly route
Zarkhes

Post by Zarkhes »

I dont know exactly why im writing this.Maybe i just want to say thanks to Four Leaf Studios, maybe i want to share some thoughts.Maybe im just loosing it...

One thing i know for sure, i wasnt prepared for this.At all.

Im not new to this kind of dialogs or strong memorable characters.I spend my childhood playing JRPG (Chronno Cross, Shadow hearts, FF, Dragon Quest,Okami etc) and watching some anime series.I just didnt expect the same values here.Sincerely, i didnt know what to expect.I was just browsing trough Piratebay, looking for some distraction (No job, plenty of time) and stumble upon this.Game with a japanese name, so i got few nostalgic flashbacks, hoping for a fun dialogs, crazy out of place jokes, and maybe some light hentai.Maybe this was the reason, why i was catched so off guard...

I started play naturaly.No internet hints, no wiki.Hell, i didnt even know who the hell is Four Leaf Studios.I decided how I would decide.And i end up with Emi.No need for spoilers, i will just say it didnt go well.I was too stubborn, thing well known to me.I guess the fact that once i tried the same cause even bigger inpact on me.So hard to save something, so hard to prove my feelings was pure.Like running against the wall...

Last time i had this feeling im my guts was when i finished Elfen Lied.This feeling of beauty...yet depressing.I wont say ,,manly tears were shed,,.No.This is something more...cold, more deep.Its like when someone steps on your chest so hard that you cant move.I just cant find that word in english...or maybe i cant decribe it at all.But this isnt right.Im 22.Im not unstable adolescent, i thought i have more self controll.Maybe i am realy labile (No job, no money, back to my mom place, borrow money, cant pay it back, loose last dash of dignity and with it last friends), maybe im realy becoming fragile.So much for a long haired metalhead with leather jacket...

So i tried second run.This time i choosed Hanako.Im wondering if i realy wanted to discover her personality, or just know ,,what is wrong with this one,,.Like someone who go see the freak show....So what doas that tell me about myself?
Turns out i got happy ending, yet as im writing this, i cant bring myself to stop listening Painful History (Hanako's Theme).Isnt happy endings supposed to make you happy?I thought this was reason why people read novels?Somehow i feel opposite.So...i just cant bear seeing someone else happy?I know there are 3 more girls, 3 more stories.But i dont feel like i want to play anymore.

I will not say this will change my life.I will not say i will be a better person, or some other shallow crap.I just know that somewhere, somehow, that crack i had...just got slightly bigger...
To be forgotten is worse that death ...
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Hang in there my friend, it'll be okay. You're among friends here.

Almost all of us here have been in your shoes. It will get better.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
BananaPudding

Post by BananaPudding »

this pick was already posted in a different thread, but it's been #1 on my feels list since I read it
Completion order: Emi->Lily->Shizune->Hanako->Rin
Feels order: Emi->lily/Hanako->Rin->Shizune
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

^ And for anyone who needs a zoomed in view:

http://puu.sh/1OQr3
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Omega

Post by Omega »

Lilly... why are you playing a VN? I thought you disliked computers... and why are you playing one where you entered a school for the disabled anyways? Maybe it makes sense for everyone else... but I like my Lilly just the way she is, without having to imagine her fantasy loving me back. :D
ImageImage
**~-~*~-~*~-~*~-~*~-~*~-Lilly~*~-~*~-~*~-~*~-~*~-~*~-~*~-~*~-~*~-~*~-Shizune~*~-~*~-~*~-~*~-~**
mysterycycle

Post by mysterycycle »

pandaphil wrote:Of course the biggest hurt is after finishing an arc and you snap back to reality and remember that none of it is real. *sigh*
That's mine. The song "Romance in Andante" is a beautiful song, and whenever I hear it I tear up because I think of the ending credits sequence where you see the art development of the girl in question, from concept to the final version in the game. It makes me think of the girl and her story's happy ending (I usually think of Hanako's), but it also reminds me that it's time to go back to real life where these girls aren't my friends that I get to see, they're just fictional characters.

Feels bittersweet, man.
And as I said before, knowing what some of the girls went through in their lives, and you weren't there to help probably hurts the most. And the damn fan artists don't help at all: :(

On a technical note, that is the best rendering of Hanako's burn scars I've yet seen.
You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person.
ImageImage
Couch to 5k with Emi: WD123 W2D123 W3D123 W4D123 W5D123 W6D123 W7D123 W8D123 W9D123
I'm making a Katawa Shoujo doujinshi!
My deviantArt
Hisao&Hanako<3

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

One thing that hurts the most, I think, is being so enthusiastic, telling some friends about the game, saying it's really good and being all happy and excited...

...yet none of them want to try it. That really hurts somehow. I want people to see these amazing stories! They blow it off like it's nothing. That sucks. I hope I can get my good friend I've known 21 years to try it, or at least watch it. Haven't told him much about it yet.