Did we change?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Auratus

Re: Did we change?

Post by Auratus »

KeiichiO wrote: EDIT: Yay, 1000th post. What do I win?
For f***'s sake. If I post in the same rate since I registered, It would takes me 5 years from now to reach that number, and you guys done that in months. You won my envy. I want to give you an offensive-looking trophy. But being such a good forum-er. I rather not post that.
pandaphil wrote: KDS is definitely a weird phenomenon...
I thinks I am depressed for a months after finish KS. But I guess it pretty much coincide with friendship breakdown with my old crush. Strangely, I thinks I also shown something that's like KSD.
I want to make Thai Translation of KS alone and protesting with this signature.

Unofficially Demanding. Temporary even-more malfunctioned in English Grammar.

Introducing one of the few thread of it's kind that bring the world together. Wait, Whatever then.
Ilithandie

Post by Ilithandie »

Xanatos wrote:Misha is there to learn sign language, actually. I'd assume Yamaku accommodates ordinary students if their reason for attending could be of potential aid.
She does state that because she is wants to be a teacher for sign language she has half tuition costs. It would also make sense that the school would let "normal" students in if they wanted a career working with the "disabled" as it would let the come to grips exactly with what they may have to deal with.

Example: It would be very bad if you couldn't control yourself enough not to stare at your students. Thus it is in the interest of the school to let them learn alongside the "disabled". After all you never know if they will return as a teacher one day. That said I would be surprised if there was 5 "normal" students in the school ever at one time.
Completed Emi, Hanako, Rin, Shizune, Lilly
Story Lilly> Rin <> Hanako > Emi<> Shizune
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Basically, to make what is unusual for ordinary folks become second nature.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Ilithandie wrote:
Xanatos wrote:Misha is there to learn sign language, actually. I'd assume Yamaku accommodates ordinary students if their reason for attending could be of potential aid.
She does state that because she is wants to be a teacher for sign language she has half tuition costs. It would also make sense that the school would let "normal" students in if they wanted a career working with the "disabled" as it would let the come to grips exactly with what they may have to deal with.

Example: It would be very bad if you couldn't control yourself enough not to stare at your students. Thus it is in the interest of the school to let them learn alongside the "disabled". After all you never know if they will return as a teacher one day. That said I would be surprised if there was 5 "normal" students in the school ever at one time.

Makes sense that a school set up specifically for the disabled, with an extensive medical facility, and even a pool for physical therapy might also offer training for those who wanted to work with the disabled. It would certainly be the best place to offer a student hands on experience. No doubt somewhere on campus there are classes that teach braille, sign language, and other basic courses.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Ilithandie

Post by Ilithandie »

pandaphil wrote:
Ilithandie wrote:

Makes sense that a school set up specifically for the disabled, with an extensive medical facility, and even a pool for physical therapy might also offer training for those who wanted to work with the disabled. It would certainly be the best place to offer a student hands on experience. No doubt somewhere on campus there are classes that teach braille, sign language, and other basic courses.
Haven't played Lilly's arc yet (last one to do) but do you not learn brail in it like you learn sign language for Shizune's?
Completed Emi, Hanako, Rin, Shizune, Lilly
Story Lilly> Rin <> Hanako > Emi<> Shizune
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Ilithandie wrote:Haven't played Lilly's arc yet (last one to do) but do you not learn brail in it like you learn sign language for Shizune's?
...Why would you need to? Lilly can hear. Just speak to her.

And no, you don't.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Ilithandie wrote:Haven't played Lilly's arc yet (last one to do) but do you not learn brail in it like you learn sign language for Shizune's?
No. Truthfully I think it'd be redundant for Hisao to learn how to read Braille since he isn't blind. Sign on the other hand is different.

Also Xanatos: what the FUCK is with the profile pic? Where do you (and why?) find those creep-ass Nomiya pictures?
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

@Stein: It's Xan. Let it go.

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Dream

Post by Dream »

At the same time, i became a much more understanding and hopeful person, as well as a melancholic and miserable one.

The beauty, love and kindness i've experience throught the VN is as inspiring in showing me what life could be, and painful in reminding me that my life will never be able to have such beauty and happiness.
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
cassinova

Post by cassinova »

Well let's just say that I tried really hard not to cry after completing the good ending to Emi's story.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

cassinova wrote:Well let's just say that I tried really hard not to cry after completing the good ending to Emi's story.
That doesn't answer the topic question at all...
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Xanatos wrote:
cassinova wrote:Well let's just say that I tried really hard not to cry after completing the good ending to Emi's story.
That doesn't answer the topic question at all...
Why the fuck am I laughing? :lol:
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

It's Xan being Captain Obvious.

Dream

Post by Dream »

To be fair, that one single line was rather extremely vague.
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
Woody Alien

Post by Woody Alien »

Hans PK wrote:Yeah, I realized that I needed to get motivated and stop being so damn cynical.
That's it, for me at least.
Maybe it's true that the girl we like most in the game reflects who we are inside: Misha is my favorite and, just like her, my biggest problem is the lack of a purpose in life. I'm always in need of motivation to do things, but I can say that things are slightly changing. I used to be the kind of person that did not give a shit about anyone and anything, and wondered why nobody would like me. I'm still a mostly anti-social and introverted person but at least I started to be more outgoing, less detached and more friendly, and the results are slightly showing. Also I want to learn more skills and not just stand there and idly complain.

I don't think that KS changed me overnight, or even greatly affected me (sometimes I think that nothing ever really does, I have the impression that I'm still stuck in the same situation because I don' t really learn anything, and this makes me sad), there are other things that helped me such as some friends and seeing a therapist. When I first approached KS (to be fair, I knew about it since 2009 but then forgot about it, until it came out in January 2012) I did it because I read that it was life-changing for many people and I wanted to change my life and experience that; it probably wasn't the best idea, I should have just enjoyed it for what it was... and I did, of course! It wasn't the epiphany that i hoped (maybe because I can't stay focused on a thing for long enough, and that's another problem for the "lack of purpose" thing) but I still loved it and thought about it many times. I just think that maybe there should be other things for me to be helped by.

In short: KS did not change me so much, but neither did it make me more miserable or sad; it changed me in the sense that, while I wasn't part of any fandom until now, I'm happy to be so interested in a work of fiction, be a part of a community and want to spread the KS word.
I definitely have to learn to love myself and life more, but I think and hope I'm in the right direction.

(sorry if this doesn't make a lot of sense, but I'm writing down the things that come to my mind without much coherence)
Katawa Shoujo is a game that, by all accounts, shouldn't exist, but it does and we're happier because of it!
Shizune è una porcona

Click here for real-life Misha: http://www.flickr.com/photos/daddy_mulk/8637512452/