Evil plot twist, good plot twist

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Mark

Evil plot twist, good plot twist

Post by Mark »

Want to inject some awesome into Lily's paths?

Kill Niji.

I'm sure every single one of you can tell me why this is a powerful twist idea. You can go any number of directions with it.
Losstarot
Editor

Re: Evil plot twist, good plot twist

Post by Losstarot »

I like it; throw this in while on Lily's path and have the player became even more sympathetic and watch her affection swoon for you greatly so you can swoon her off her feet later.
"The eyes of ordinary people could not see it for the real moon was nothing but an invisible full moon to them."
TcDohl

Post by TcDohl »

Mark wrote:Kill Niji.
Kinda done, for another path. We won't tell everyone who dies, but it'll be way more powerful than that.
<@Delta_Kurshiva> I'm tiny~

[10:43] <@A22> Damn Dohl never changes, all he thinks about is ass
Envy

Post by Envy »

TcDohl wrote:
Mark wrote:Kill Niji.
Kinda done, for another path. We won't tell everyone who dies, but it'll be way more powerful than that.
Is it Dumbledore?
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

Yes.

On page 238.

But yeah, we don't want ot play the death card too much; it's not something that you want ot jam into every path.
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
Anonymous22
sounds kinda gay

Post by Anonymous22 »

Kamina dies.
hurr durr
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Spike dies
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Losstarot
Editor

Post by Losstarot »

Humanity dies.
"The eyes of ordinary people could not see it for the real moon was nothing but an invisible full moon to them."
Anonymous22
sounds kinda gay

Post by Anonymous22 »

Spock dies.
hurr durr
Mark

Post by Mark »

Huh, just read about Hana being an audiophile and it lead to another (not evil) idea. Nothing sounds better than a live performance, right? No headphones, no speakers, no lossless codec can ever replicate with perfect sonic exactness a sound heard live.

Has the MC ever had a hankering to learn an intrument? Or two? Or form a band?
Envy

Post by Envy »

Dyke spies.
klang

Post by klang »

Mark: High quality headphones and speakers can be, arguably, more capable than we have recorded music for commercial use. But regardless, yes, live music may be better than a recorded copy. However, recorded copies are perfect in their own way. In records of full orchestras, good recording studios will listen to every single last instrument in the entire orchestra to see if every single person is playing perfectly. Live concerts can be perfect, but this is rare. Also, if you want the live performance to be notably better than the recording, you need good instruments which will only be enjoyed by those with cultured tastes and a good music ear.

Well, at least a live performance is fun and a great way to impress.
Mark

Post by Mark »

You darn near made mah head 'splode. Congratulations! I guess I fail it?

But still, if the MC learned to play something classy rather well (or remembered how to play an instrument he gave up), it would be rather sexy for him to play it for the audiophile, wouldn't it? Just an idea, I don't know why I'm spending the time to back it up. I prefer people to take my ideas and run far, far away with them.

True story: I "commissioned" a certain work of art when I was a kid, never paid for it, and five years later I found it exactly as described on the interwebs. It freaked me out. :|
klang

Post by klang »

Mark wrote:But still, if the MC learned to play something classy rather well (or remembered how to play an instrument he gave up), it would be rather sexy for him to play it for the audiophile, wouldn't it? Just an idea, I don't know why I'm spending the time to back it up.
I agree. A decent live performance is much more enjoyable than a simple recording. But whether or not it's enjoyed probably depends on Hana's personality and her relationship with the player at that moment in time. The player just might end up making a fool of himself instead of doing any impressing.
If you paid attention, you probably would have realized that I was just being a little anal-retentive. >o>
Mark

Post by Mark »

I did realize. This anonymous has learned to take such things in stride. I really don't mind people's attitudes, I work around them. It's a helpful trait to have when you run a decently-large fansite for an unreleased MMO, or have managerial responsibilities at your RL job (lol, whut's that?). A couple AP-level Drama classes helps too. ;)

Anyhow, your point is valid. Please continue to elaborate. I'll try to pop in here from time to time with crazy/stupid ideas. :)