Polish translation

Questions, answers and issues regarding releases.
Hiran

Re: Polish translation

Post by Hiran »

But if we successfully translate Act 1 everything will be ok right? Because it's not written anywhere that we cant translate Act 1 (or at least didnt found it) and after that being granted the privilege to translate whole Katawa Shoujo. Can someone from 4LS make things clear?
demonix

Post by demonix »

Hiran wrote:But if we successfully translate Act 1 everything will be ok right?
Wrong.

The way I read it from the translation guide is that you had to have been a part of a team that successfully translated act 1 (as in past tense meaning those teams worked on the translation of act 1 after it was released), and since there was no Polish translation team then you won't be able to get official sanction now with the only chance being if the games full script is made available which isn't guaranteed.
Greycat

Post by Greycat »

So, technically, the only way that would happen is if fans would made a mod/hack with the translation? Which would be illegal anyway I suppose.
I don't really understand why such restrictions were made. I am talking here about the "first translation group" rule. The translation would only help the project to spread in popularity, so I don't really understand why not just make it easier for the fans? Or at least make it possible to maybe contact the translating group, and force a translated text onto them :D.
neio

Post by neio »

I think it's about quality control. Maybe just control in general; the dev team also doesn't want you making derivative works or modifying the game in any way. They've enabled Renpy's script "protection" and been very clear about using elements of the game in other works or selling KS merchandise.
Recommended fics: A pseudo-pseudo Suzu Route | Sisterhood (Hanako Epilogue) | Can You Open Your Heart? (Rika)

(New) Movie contest: From which 2012 film did I mangle this quote? Prize: Humble Bundle
You're worried about the Nurse? Try the mom.