Koe no Katachi: A manga about a deaf girl in public school

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

YZQ

Re: Koe no Katachi: A manga about a deaf girl in public scho

Post by YZQ »

Speak a language which your target can understand. If it's through kindness, all the better. But if you have to break out the venom or fists, do so if the alternatives fail (and you have given plenty of chances).
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

A thread with no posts from Xanatos? What's happened to the world? :o

I'll read the manga when I have time. :)
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
Selim Bradley

Post by Selim Bradley »

Ah, public school. Just as terrible as I remember it.
I am the male version of Hanako Ikezawa.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

So who'll be the first to write Shouko into a KS fic? :)
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Well, this is surprising. I expected this thread to be a passing curiosity lost to time, like those "Here's an amputee Olympian" threads...But it's still here. Guess I'll have to read this thing then...Be back in a bit.

Edit: ...*hands over all his man cards, goes off and sobs in a corner* :cry:

Also, already working Shouko into a fanfic. Just a bit part, mind. I've got the whole main cast to fit into this thing. :lol: Even poor Yuuko's only getting a bit part.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Amathev

Post by Amathev »

I really liked it, but man, I shouldn't have started my day with this. Now I'm going to be emotional all day.
ShadeHaven

Post by ShadeHaven »

I enjoyed that, but are kids in public schools really that physical? Either way, guy's a scumbag for hitting a girl.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

ShadeHaven wrote:I enjoyed that, but are kids in public schools really that physical? Either way, guy's a scumbag for hitting a girlperson.
Girls aren't special. Quit pretending they are. That mindset just creates more useless feminists.

And yes, they are. I've never gone anywhere but public schools and I can confirm it firsthand. Kids are terrible people in general, really. :lol:
Last edited by Xanatos on Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Dream

Post by Dream »

Aside from a few oddities (like the whole "three years later" epilogue) this was very nice and moving. Really liked it.
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
Omega

Post by Omega »

That's one shitty school. Very good read though, shame it's a one off.
ImageImage
**~-~*~-~*~-~*~-~*~-~*~-Lilly~*~-~*~-~*~-~*~-~*~-~*~-~*~-~*~-~*~-~*~-Shizune~*~-~*~-~*~-~*~-~**
mysterycycle

Post by mysterycycle »

Thanks for posting this, Caesius. That was so well-done, in drawing, writing and visual storytelling. Definitely not written by one of those people who think that children are naturally angelic creatures (anyone who's been around them for very long knows they can be as sadistically cruel and treacherous as they can be selflessly kind).
pandaphil wrote:So who'll be the first to write Shouko into a KS fic? :)
I fully endorse this. I could easily see her parents deciding to send her to Yamaku after her elementary school problems.
You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person.
ImageImage
Couch to 5k with Emi: WD123 W2D123 W3D123 W4D123 W5D123 W6D123 W7D123 W8D123 W9D123
I'm making a Katawa Shoujo doujinshi!
My deviantArt
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

mysterycycle wrote:Thanks for posting this, Caesius. That was so well-done, in drawing, writing and visual storytelling. Definitely not written by one of those people who think that children are naturally angelic creatures (anyone who's been around them for very long knows they can be as sadistically cruel and treacherous as they can be selflessly kind).
pandaphil wrote:So who'll be the first to write Shouko into a KS fic? :)
I fully endorse this. I could easily see her parents deciding to send her to Yamaku after her elementary school problems.
I learnt that from Angel Sanctuary. Especially kids who are literal angels. Kids mean what they say and say what they mean, for good and for ill.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Shironeko

Post by Shironeko »

Wow that was really good.

I've been bullied myself, so I can relate a bit to this. Kids can be cruel and I'm glad they ended this the way they did. :)
mysterycycle

Post by mysterycycle »

Okay, so I liked it so much I made a little drawing in the Fan Art section.
You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person.
ImageImage
Couch to 5k with Emi: WD123 W2D123 W3D123 W4D123 W5D123 W6D123 W7D123 W8D123 W9D123
I'm making a Katawa Shoujo doujinshi!
My deviantArt
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

mysterycycle wrote:Okay, so I liked it so much I made a little drawing in the Fan Art section.
I'm squeeing.
Last edited by pandaphil on Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.