Katawa Shoujo 2 Cancelled

Comment on and discuss blog posts in here. One thread per post.
hagamablabla

Re: Katawa Shoujo 2 Cancelled

Post by hagamablabla »

I woke up today just so I could read this.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

pandaphil wrote:At least we got some sweet artwork out of the deal. Shame there aren't names to go with them though, so we can work them into our fanfics. :)
I think that was probably the most clever most trolling part of it. All those new characters and not a single name or bit of info to go with them.

Although we do have Orie. :D

Anyway, I fully look forward to KS3 and hope they keep the Haunted House idea and the clown.
Not Dead Yet
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Oddball wrote: I think that was probably the most clever most trolling part of it. All those new characters and not a single name or bit of info to go with them.

Although we do have Orie. :D

Yeah, that was a pretty evil touch. But I still have no doubt that fans will figure out some way of giving them the Rika and Saki treatment.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Uliana

Post by Uliana »

You know, I actually like the Katawa Shoujo 2 logo. It makes the logo maker in me go gaga with how simple and elegant it is, yet still conveys the "2" in the title.

Also, I'd rather have Katawa Shoujo 4, 3 was disappointing with the 3-colored endings. If you were going to give us choices in the previous games why'd you have to railroad us into endings that are just palette swaps with each other?! I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!!!!!!!!!! :x

GG 4Leaf, Happy April Fools =)
Shockproof Jamo

Post by Shockproof Jamo »

Hah, well played, guys. Well played. :D

...I kinda like the brown haired glasses girl, she's cute. <.<
Zilveri

Post by Zilveri »

It was inevitable, nothing can beat the first one. What a shame. :cry: But hopefully 3rd will be good. :D
Some Old Guy

Post by Some Old Guy »

Katawa Shoujo 3: Shoujos in Time

Yes? No? :D
"I smelled Los Angeles before I got to it. It smelled stale and old like a living-room that had been closed too long. But the coloured lights fooled you. The lights were wonderful. There ought to be a monument to the man who invented neon lights. Fifteen stories high, solid marble. There's a boy who really made something out of nothing." -Raymond Chandler
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Anyway, all these new characters? If there was to be a KS2 it'd be better to just start with a brand new cast. Let Hisao get on with his life.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
zanzarra

Post by zanzarra »

The interesting thing about this is: 4LS often stated there won't be a sequel, and if you read between the lines of this blog post, it seems some of the reasons for that snuck into it.
One day I'll put more than 15 minutes of work into an avatar. One day.
Negativedarke

Post by Negativedarke »

So I have to wonder if you could have imported old save data. You know continue on with the girl you picked last time. Or would it treat the Kenji end as canon? Or they could make Hisao an antagonist and ignore all his charecter development from the first game, instead making him a Wesker knock off.
"Misha, I don't think Chocoholism is a real disability."
"But the School's Entrance Board does Hi-Chan. Wahaha~"
PlatonicRabbit

Post by PlatonicRabbit »

Aura wrote:beach event, a pool event, a hot springs event, Shanghai turned into a maid cafe, catgirls, doggirls, foxgirls, bunnygirls, sheepgirls, a cute but a bit tsundere little sister character, a perverted otaku best friend character, a stalker character, a harem ending, a harem ending, a harem ending, a haunted house, inexplicable superpowers, alternate dimensions, mecha battles, magical girls, zombies, fantasy MMORPGs and a clown.
Climatic seems to be the only one who really understands what it means to be on the dev team for VNs.
ArcCain

Post by ArcCain »

But we already got a trailer for KS 2...

A good writer knows his limits. A great writer finds ways around them.
Omega

Post by Omega »

ArcCain wrote:But we already got a trailer for KS 2...

Never saw that before... I'd play it! If there was one thing KS lacked, it was zombie mecha.
ImageImage
**~-~*~-~*~-~*~-~*~-~*~-Lilly~*~-~*~-~*~-~*~-~*~-~*~-~*~-~*~-~*~-~*~-Shizune~*~-~*~-~*~-~*~-~**
Pascalla

Post by Pascalla »

I know it's a joke, but Kenji wouldn't be taking care of Hisao after he fell off the roof?
Now the question is...did Hisao just not want him around because he's "bad news", did Kenji go off somewhere/was he expelled, or is Kenji just a dick/doing Kenji things?
Or maybe I've assumed too much.
Last edited by Pascalla on Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageViolently sob as you begin to nod at some of the things that Kenji is saying.Image
Seeker91

Post by Seeker91 »

Hah, mean prank fellas. :D
The one armed girl is kinda cute though.... :oops:
p.s.
Seriously, the art is exceptional for just a prank, it's pity that it will not be used in a game.
Last edited by Seeker91 on Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The things that I want", by Hanako Ikezawa. A chocolate bar. A cup of tea. For the sun to shine. I want to sleep to forget. To change the past. My parents and skin back. Unlimited chess pieces and a license to skip turns. Right then, more than anything, I wanted him.