KS in GameFAQs Top 10... again

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Zilveri

KS in GameFAQs Top 10... again

Post by Zilveri »

I think you would have been better off making a new topic for this...
Top 10 Lists : The Top 10 Games Of 2012, As Chosen By Top 10 List Writers: http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/top10/2571.html

With the reminder that the entries are ranked alphabetically by author, here are 10 of 2012's greatest games, as chosen by Top 10 List writers.
pandaphil

Re: KS in GameFAQs Top 10... again

Post by pandaphil »

I don't know how big a deal this is, but good. I'll take whatever attention the game can garner. If someone decides to check out KS out of curiosity after seeing that, its a win for all of us. *Rest of the list isn't bad either*
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Flutterz

Post by Flutterz »

WE'RE NUMBER 1! WE'RE NUMBER 1!
I still haven't played Dishonored, even though I already got it during a steam sale >.>
Completed VNs: VNDB
Currently Reading: ef- a fairy tale of the two
Sedinus

Post by Sedinus »

The beginning of Tribes' description made me chuckle, even though I absolutely loathe physics.
win746

Post by win746 »

Flutterz wrote:WE'RE NUMBER 1! WE'RE NUMBER 1!
I still haven't played Dishonored, even though I already got it during a steam sale >.>
Well..... its ranked alphabetically by author.....
Katie wrote:I hate men
This board is being invaded by feminists, spread the word!
BananaPudding

Post by BananaPudding »

pandaphil wrote: If someone decides to check out KS out of curiosity after seeing that, its a win for all of us.
/agree

and a win for them as well :D
Completion order: Emi->Lily->Shizune->Hanako->Rin
Feels order: Emi->lily/Hanako->Rin->Shizune
Zilveri

Post by Zilveri »

win746 wrote:
Flutterz wrote:WE'RE NUMBER 1! WE'RE NUMBER 1!
Well..... its ranked alphabetically by author.....
I'm perfectly sure, that he knows it already, but number 1 is still number 1.
SirSlaughter

Post by SirSlaughter »

I laughed my ass off when it said "The first 99% of mass effect 3". Oh god, Bioware will NEVER live that down.

Anyway, it's nice to see KS get attention like that.
ImageImage
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

SirSlaughter wrote:I laughed my ass off when it said "The first 99% of mass effect 3". Oh god, Bioware will NEVER live that down.
Seriously, how dare Bioware...Have an ending that isn't as amazing as people wanted...?
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Mahorfeus

Post by Mahorfeus »

*insert rant regarding the semantics of KS' status as a video game*

This is definitely good to hear.
"A very small degree of hope is sufficient to cause the birth of love." -Stendhal
ichivictus

Post by ichivictus »

pandaphil wrote:I don't know how big a deal this is, but good. I'll take whatever attention the game can garner. If someone decides to check out KS out of curiosity after seeing that, its a win for all of us. *Rest of the list isn't bad either*
I'm yo_d from gfaqs. I chose KS because I believe it had a larger impact on its community than the other choices I had in mind (AC3, Zero Escape: VLR, Walking Dead). There weren't many other good games released in 2012 though. In my opinion it was a bad year for gaming.

But I did get a few PMs and seen more activity on the KS forum on GameFAQs since the list was published. That was all I was really hoping for. And though it's not that big of a deal, the list received about 35k hits. That's all I was hoping for and I'm pleased. It's the least I could have done to help this community I guess.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

ichivictus wrote: I'm yo_d from gfaqs. I chose KS because I believe it had a larger impact on its community than the other choices I had in mind (AC3, Zero Escape: VLR, Walking Dead). There weren't many other good games released in 2012 though. In my opinion it was a bad year for gaming.

But I did get a few PMs and seen more activity on the KS forum on GameFAQs since the list was published. That was all I was really hoping for. And though it's not that big of a deal, the list received about 35k hits. That's all I was hoping for and I'm pleased. It's the least I could have done to help this community I guess.
And we all appreciate the vote and the kind words. Thanks!

Though I was a bit surprised The Walking Dead didn't get a mention. That would be my second choice for best game.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
cassinova

Post by cassinova »

I am not surprised that this is in the top 10 of a good games list somewhere.
Dream

Post by Dream »

cassinova wrote:I am not surprised that this is in the top 10 of a good games list somewhere.
Well i would be surprised if they ranked "A Clockwork Orange" among the best games of all time :P
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
Flutterz

Post by Flutterz »

Dream wrote:
cassinova wrote:I am not surprised that this is in the top 10 of a good games list somewhere.
Well i would be surprised if they ranked "A Clockwork Orange" among the best games of all time :P
But "A Clockwork Orange" isn't a ga-I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE!
Completed VNs: VNDB
Currently Reading: ef- a fairy tale of the two