Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Glitter Freeze

Re: Ask!

Post by Glitter Freeze »

Is there a source for Suriko's avatar, I was hoping for a version of it with higher resolutions.
Can you correct my English if it's bad?
Yellow 13 wrote:also, After the heart attack you are in a hospital room, all alone, back to square one. but then suddenly the music box and FEELS, FEELS EVERYWHERE
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Glitter Freeze wrote:Is there a source for Suriko's avatar, I was hoping for a version of it with higher resolutions.
Can you correct my English if it's bad?
http://shimmie.katawa-shoujo.com/post/view/445
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
A Forum Member

Post by A Forum Member »

Did it happen that a writer was forced to make drastic changes of some sort to their path? I don't mean if a writer was convinced by the others to make changes; I mean a scenario where the writer was outright forced to make a change even though he/she wanted it to be different.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

A Forum Member wrote:Did it happen that a writer was forced to make drastic changes of some sort to their path? I don't mean if a writer was convinced by the others to make changes; I mean a scenario where the writer was outright forced to make a change even though he/she wanted it to be different.
No. Nobody had that kind of authority over others. Of course, there line between "forcing" and 3-4 people very vocally piling on someone is pretty thin.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
Jovereign

Post by Jovereign »

Sorry if this question has been asked before.

You guys seem really diverse when it comes to your cultural backgrounds. Suriko from Australia, Aura is Finnish, and someone posted TheHiveMind living in Chicago a few pages ago I think (looks like a start of a mini United Nations XD).

Due to this, were their ever any communication problems or difficulties in meeting each other in person?
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Jovereign wrote:Sorry if this question has been asked before.

You guys seem really diverse when it comes to your cultural backgrounds. Suriko from Australia, Aura is Finnish, and someone posted TheHiveMind living in Chicago a few pages ago I think (looks like a start of a mini United Nations XD).

Due to this, were their ever any communication problems or difficulties in meeting each other in person?
I don't think so. Communication across the globe was difficult mostly due to the timezones, and the long geographic distances have made meeting in person an extremely rare occasion for most of us, but I don't think the cultural differences ever were a factor in that.
A Forum Member

Post by A Forum Member »

Is there a place where I can find links to the different blogs and the likes of the 4LS members?
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

A Forum Member wrote:Is there a place where I can find links to the different blogs and the likes of the 4LS members?
Yes, the Stalker's Guide to 4LS
TheHivemind
Path Writer

Post by TheHivemind »

A Forum Member wrote:Did it happen that a writer was forced to make drastic changes of some sort to their path? I don't mean if a writer was convinced by the others to make changes; I mean a scenario where the writer was outright forced to make a change even though he/she wanted it to be different.
The definition of 'convinced' can get pretty fluid.

But yeah nobody was forced to change anything. Did we yell insults at each other sometimes until an agreement was made to at least give an idea a second look? WELL SURE, probably a couple of times.
Miniandre

Question for the Devs

Post by Miniandre »

I wondered if you have any reasons for not making a Katawa Shojo 2/ some kind of continuation of the storys?
Aura
>has heterochromia

Re: Question for the Devs

Post by Aura »

Well, to turn the question around: why should we make KS2? I can't think of a single good reason to return to KS. It's just not very interesting because I feel we did enough with this setting already. I think it's better to do something fresh that actually really fires me up.
Miguel

Post by Miguel »

This question may be a little bit tricky. Why is Emi's behavior so different between the good and the bad ending (at the track just after Misha asks you about your problems with her ) although the fact that you decide trust Misha or not shouldn't have a direct effect on her behavior?

I made Emi's route blind and I got the bad ending at first. I got a little bit angry when I repeated this part to get the good ending and saw great differences that I didn't get at all. :?

Also sorry for my bad expression English isn't my mother tongue. :oops:
Raziel

Post by Raziel »

Is the final picture in the gallery deliberately impossible to get , like a troll
Or do you have to do something specific to get it ,
Cos i've looked online for the final picture , and nothing comes out...
ArcCain

Post by ArcCain »

Raziel wrote:Is the final picture in the gallery deliberately impossible to get , like a troll
Or do you have to do something specific to get it ,
Cos i've looked online for the final picture , and nothing comes out...
Follow this chart for success.

Also, GET BACK IN THE SWORD! <3

A good writer knows his limits. A great writer finds ways around them.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Tang wrote:Was it a reference to I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell?

Were there times during the development of KS where you could just sit back and look at the (slow) progress, and say "Wow" because you could suddenly see it coming together?
Totally. Playing the game in engine always gave me good vibes. Because most of the development was staring at text processor screens, staring at code files, staring at forums or staring at messaging clients, the experience of the actual game in all of its vibrance was really great in contrast.