Akira Pseudo-Route [Complete!]

WORDS WORDS WORDS

fancywalrus

Re: Akira Pseudo-Route [Updated as of 3/11]

Post by fancywalrus »

griffon8 wrote:The cynic in me suspects Akira invited Hisao to the jazz club so she'd have one beauty of a reason to break up with Tetsuo if he does show up and throw a fit. Of course, that will lead to many complications.
Oh I can see it now. After sitting alone at his desk pondering his relationship with Akira and coming to the realization he needs to make more of an effort for it to work out, Tetsuo decides to go against his better judgement and heads to the jazz club. Meanwhile, each already a few drinks in, Akira and Hisao finally approach the topic of Hisao's earlier confession. With their inhibitions down, they delve into the talk with blunt force, addressing all the problems with their getting together(Akira in a relationship, 6 year age difference etc...) until they ultimately decide to throw caution to the wind and go for it. They make their way to the dance floor and begin dancing, still drinking and acting more romantic than they have up to this point. Everything is going swimmingly, until suddenly Tetsuo arrives. Upon noticing their inebriated state and the sense of romance between the two, Tetsuo launches into a rant at the two before storming out as Akira follows. Tetsuo ultimately blames the situation on alcohol in an attempt to avoid addressing the fact that his relationship has deteriorated to the point his girlfriend would rather be with a high schooler who works as a janitor than with him. Hisao is left more confused on where he stands than when the chapter began.

I can see at least some variation of that happening. Also random side note, but I've been so caught up in the love-triangle going on that I completely glossed over the fact we should get a pretty good Lilly, possibly even Hanako, reaction to a Hisao-Akira relationship, I really want to see that.
BlackWaltzTheThird

Post by BlackWaltzTheThird »

griffon8 wrote:
Breaker deGodot wrote:
griffon8 wrote:Which is why I suspect Tetsuo will show up at the jazz club and find Akira and Hisao together having fun. How dare they!

The cynic in me suspects Akira invited Hisao to the jazz club so she'd have one beauty of a reason to break up with Tetsuo if he does show up and throw a fit. Of course, that will lead to many complications.
A tvtropes link?! YOU BASTARD!
Fixed that for you. :twisted:
Fixed that for you.
BlackWaltz's One-stop Oneshot Shop - my fanfiction portal topic. Contains links to all my previous works, plus starting now any new ones I may produce (or reproduce)! Please, check it out!

BlackWaltz's Pastebin - for those who prefer to read things with no formatting and stuff. It's mostly the same as in my thread. Also contains assorted other writing!
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

BlackWaltzTheThird wrote:Fixed that for you.
Oh, now you've gone too far! :wink:
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
BlackWaltzTheThird

Post by BlackWaltzTheThird »

griffon8 wrote:
I'm sorry.
BlackWaltz's One-stop Oneshot Shop - my fanfiction portal topic. Contains links to all my previous works, plus starting now any new ones I may produce (or reproduce)! Please, check it out!

BlackWaltz's Pastebin - for those who prefer to read things with no formatting and stuff. It's mostly the same as in my thread. Also contains assorted other writing!
Doomish

Post by Doomish »

This must be what drives people to drink.
Thanatos02

Post by Thanatos02 »

I'm holding off on replying to all the comments that have accumulated because I feel like there's nothing I can say that won't spoil the next few chapters.
I don't dislike speculation, though.

I'm not actually going to kill any of the characters, I just felt like sticking that in there.
Last edited by Thanatos02 on Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

BlackWaltzTheThird wrote:
griffon8 wrote:
I'm sorry.
I forgive you.

You know, I've never gotten into a trope battle before.
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
Carighan

Post by Carighan »

You're just teasing that it's actually a Xanatos Gambit, right? ;)
The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.
Mader Levap

Post by Mader Levap »

Good thing I am already inocculated to TvTropes. First time was basically week-long binge. Oh horror.
Image Proud member of Polish Route - group that translated Katawa Shoujo to Polish. Full translation released!
Hoitash

Post by Hoitash »

Is this the new version of the pun battle, which is really a high class version of a "yo mamma" fight?

I love the internet :D.

Anywho, interested to see how the jazz club works out for those two. Maybe Hisao can have a drink without passing out and getting his hair fondled.
"Who are you, that do not know your history?" -Ulysses
Misha Time: United States of Misha Meet the Hakamichis
Awesome, served on the rocks: Hisao and Kenji- Master Detectives! (Check out the Archive for more!)
I wrote a book! Brythain edited it! If you like mystery and history please consider: A Sister's Habit
"You are absolutely insane. And entertaining." -griffon8
somenerd

Post by somenerd »

Tetsuo seems nicer now. I understand his position. I've been workin my ass off for the last 2+ years to get things done, to better myself, to learn, to be very capable in my field. To not be a mediocre piece of crap like my useless brother. I've learned more in those 2 years, than in 5+ of derping around. My ambitions keep growing, I have a very promising project with a couple of friends. I'm basically trying to make the next Google or so to speak, with them. The concept of "vacations" and/or "holydays" is almost alien to me now. I ended up breaking up with my 2-ish years girlfriend some months ago, in part because I wasn't in love anymore, and also because I had very little (if any) time for myself, which in turn makes me an asshole. It was worsened by the fact that I'm someone that really likes to be by himself.

So yeah, Tetsuo is more likeable to me now. And Hisao's thinking is very dangerous, the whole "throw everything away for love". You are yourself. If you "throw everything away", you'll just end up bitter and unhappy, which will in consequence finish your relationship anyway.

As much as I love my waifu Lilly, I wouldn't be able to think like Hisao. I did, once, when I was even younger. Now? I'm not even looking for a girlfriend. Which is funny, considering how much I love this, and how I'm a bit of a romantic anyway.

tl;dr: Tetsuo is going through something similar to what I did. Can't say I disagree with his thought process, but if that's how it is, he can't drag Akira around anymore. Just like I shouldn't have done with my exgirlfriend.
cptngarlock

Post by cptngarlock »

Found this a day ago, and I'm popping in to tell you how thoroughly I am looking forward to whatever's coming up next. After this latest chapter, the first thing that popped into my head was this:
Zaknafein

Post by Zaknafein »

WHY!? WHY IS THIS FIC SO DAMN GOOD!? Serious Thanatos this has pulled me in more than any other fic I've read on here so far. The waits between parts are murder, but every time a new chapter comes out it's a great feeling. I like it just as much as I liked the routes in KS.
Malinko

Post by Malinko »

This FC is insanly good!!!! I made an account just to tell you how awesome I think it is. I've been reading quite a few KS FC's since I finished KS. And this is one of my top five. I can't wait to read more and found out what happens with Hisao and Akira, how she accepts or even declines him, or how her relationship ends with the other guy if it does.
Last edited by Malinko on Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
StudyOfWumbology

Post by StudyOfWumbology »

Malinko wrote:This FC is insanly good!!!! I made an account just to tell you how awesome I think it is. I've been reading quite a few KS FC's since I finished KS. And this is one of my top five. I can't wait to read more and found out what happens with Hisao and Akira, how she accepts or even declines him, or how her relationship ends with the other guy if it does.
You know, for maybe a bit of drama/conflict. You could have either lilly or hanako start having feelings for him, (after they spend a bit more time together i suppose) and one of them confesses to hisao, and then he has to make a choice between continuing to go after Akira or be with one of the others. (of course it would be akira, cuz thats what this fic is about) but it would be an interesting drama to see. idk, just an idea from a drooling fan. haha
I'm pretty sure that last part should have been a message, but who am I to judge?
Things happen. For the best or for the worst we do not know.