Does your favourite heroine reflect yourself?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

mysterycycle

Re: Does your favourite heroine reflect yourself?

Post by mysterycycle »

As has been said by others, I can see some of myself in a number of the heroines, though perhaps predictably, I see the most of myself echoed in the girls I find most attractive. Hopefully this is more to do with a desire to be around someone who is like-minded and would better understand me than just being a narcissist.

Emi's sense of humor and tendency to deal with things as they come are definitely a lot like me. I worry that it's easy for others to think that I'm not very thoughtful or that I'm a flake because I don't really assign a lot of importance to events before they happen or worry much about things beyond the here-and-now. I could do with more of Emi's energy, though.

Hanako's introversion, her desire to be away from other people, and her enjoyment of reading and games are also very much like me, even down to being more interested in games because of emotional attachments to them and their ability to take her out of her own head for a while rather than a strategic exercise or competitive urge. I can't pretend to have the same degree of emotional injury that she has, but like anyone else I've taken a few lumps and it gets me down much of the time. I don't actively dislike company to the same degree, either, but I usually prefer to be alone, and when I'm socializing I'd rather have one or two close friends with me rather than being in a crowd of friends.

I feel like I should have more in common with Rin than I do, mostly because I'm an artist, but then I've never been a very artsy sort of person, and I don't really have any troubles communicating my thoughts and feelings. Aside from the same sort of desire to be understood that I imagine most people have, I just don't have that much in common with her.
You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person.
ImageImage
Couch to 5k with Emi: WD123 W2D123 W3D123 W4D123 W5D123 W6D123 W7D123 W8D123 W9D123
I'm making a Katawa Shoujo doujinshi!
My deviantArt
BananaPudding

Post by BananaPudding »

I am actually not a whole lot like my favorite (Emi) at all. I'm probably closer to lilly (second favorite) I'm really laid back and open minded, don't get angry very often and when I do not for long, although I'm a bit less reserved than she is.

Now that I think about it, I am probably most like the Hisao from Emi's route, which would make sense
Completion order: Emi->Lily->Shizune->Hanako->Rin
Feels order: Emi->lily/Hanako->Rin->Shizune
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Lilly is my type of girl, we're not similar. The reason why she's my favorite is probably because she's the only girl with patience enough to get to know the real me. That, and I suck when it comes to talking to people in my age, but talking to Lilly feels different. She carefully chooses her words, just like I'd like to do. :)
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
BananaPudding

Post by BananaPudding »

OtakuNinja wrote:Lilly is my type of girl, we're not similar. The reason why she's my favorite is probably because she's the only girl with patience enough to get to know the real me. That, and I suck when it comes to talking to people in my age, but talking to Lilly feels different. She carefully chooses her words, just like I'd like to do. :)
lilly definitely gives off the air of someone much older
Completion order: Emi->Lily->Shizune->Hanako->Rin
Feels order: Emi->lily/Hanako->Rin->Shizune
Loonie

Post by Loonie »

Actually no. If I were completely honest with myself, I'd say I relate a lot more to Hisao in Rin's arc (except for his 'I just don't get art' part. It's the opposite for me - I tend to see art even where there might not be any) rather than to Rin herself...

...but she does reflect someone I know...and also something I'd be willing to fight for until the day I die.
Last edited by Loonie on Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

BananaPudding wrote:
OtakuNinja wrote:Lilly is my type of girl, we're not similar. The reason why she's my favorite is probably because she's the only girl with patience enough to get to know the real me. That, and I suck when it comes to talking to people in my age, but talking to Lilly feels different. She carefully chooses her words, just like I'd like to do. :)
lilly definitely gives off the air of someone much older

When her parents left her and Akira behind she had to learn to be responsible pretty quickly.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Selim Bradley

Post by Selim Bradley »

To answer the OP: yes, Hanako is exactly the same as me in every way.
I am the male version of Hanako Ikezawa.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Selim Bradley wrote:To answer the OP: yes, Hanako is exactly the same as me in every way.
Aren't you a guy?
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Selim Bradley

Post by Selim Bradley »

Xanatos wrote:
Selim Bradley wrote:To answer the OP: yes, Hanako is exactly the same as me in every way.
Aren't you a guy?
Fine, almost every way.
I am the male version of Hanako Ikezawa.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Selim Bradley wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
Aren't you a guy?
Fine, almost every way.
Remember Rule 63? "For every Female Character there is a Male Counterpart? The Reverse is also true."
Attachments
hanatarox.jpg
hanatarox.jpg (60.86 KiB) Viewed 4295 times
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
cassinova

Post by cassinova »

I've only completed Emi (after ~65 hours of gameplay) and we have many similarities such as running (sportish?), the inability to trust others, break down when a touchy subject is brought up, playful in a way to hide my true feelings, commit to activities that occupy myself from thinking of unwanted thoughts, and I really dislike people learning more about me (i only like learning about others) simply because I don't want them to worry. Being the extrovert that I am with my friends, I think I am starting to slowly become more and more introvert though, so perhaps I will reflect some other character.
Pokeman

Post by Pokeman »

BananaPudding wrote:I am actually not a whole lot like my favorite (Emi) at all. I'm probably closer to lilly (second favorite) I'm really laid back and open minded, don't get angry very often and when I do not for long, although I'm a bit less reserved than she is.

Now that I think about it, I am probably most like the Hisao from Emi's route, which would make sense
This is practically me. I'm mostly clam - like Lilly- and such, except in some situations.

I'd consider myself a mix of both Emi and Lilly.
Umber

Post by Umber »

No favorites here, but one could assume that my mental being is a mix of Shizune, Rin and Suzu.

With the social openness of Hanako, the family past of Emi, and the hairstyle of Natsume.
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

When I started playing Act 1 (Yes, I've been here that long. Now get off my lawn!), I thought my favorites were going to Lilly and Hanako. It turned out Emi and Shizune were my favorites. I think it's because I can find a lot of my wife in them. So they reflect who I love rather than me.
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

I can imagine Emi and Shizune being totally radical moms who only step in before (and maybe even after) their kids had triggered WWIII by hacking into the security systems of the major powers.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."