If Hanako's scars looked like this...

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Guest Poster

Re: If Hanako's scars looked like this...

Post by Guest Poster »

I believe Hanako's right ear was visible in the CG where she was playing Shizune and there wasn't anything missing as far as I recall.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Guest Poster wrote:I believe Hanako's right ear was visible in the CG where she was playing Shizune and there wasn't anything missing as far as I recall.

Well crap. Now I have to go back and do another re-write. :(
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

pandaphil wrote:
Guest Poster wrote:I believe Hanako's right ear was visible in the CG where she was playing Shizune and there wasn't anything missing as far as I recall.

You mean this CG?
apparently, from the looks of this CG, only the lower portion of her right ear is scarred.
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Steinherz wrote:
pandaphil wrote:

You mean this CG?
http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxgdi ... o3_500.png
apparently, from the looks of this CG, only the lower portion of her right ear is scarred.
Well that just ruined what I thought was a nice little character moment. :(
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Woody Alien

Post by Woody Alien »

I'm not really scared of those pictures, maybe because I've seen my share of horror movies so I tend to associate those with that. I think Hanako could still be fine with those scars, as long as I don't start picturing her with those "bubbles" coming out of her head/face... :|
pandaphil wrote:Their technique of blacking out the eyes certainly doesn't help.
It's creepy as hell! Couldn't they just use the usual black bar over the eyes?
I tend to agree, the first two photos don't seem too horrible. They're pretty much what I visualize Hanako to be like.
My thoughts basically.
Katawa Shoujo is a game that, by all accounts, shouldn't exist, but it does and we're happier because of it!
Shizune è una porcona

Click here for real-life Misha: http://www.flickr.com/photos/daddy_mulk/8637512452/
A Forum Member

Post by A Forum Member »

pandaphil wrote:And if you think about it, its really quite lucky she even has hair on the right side of her head.
I have been thinking about that, if you get serious burns on areas of the head where hair grows, then it shouldn't grow back, right? Shouldn't Hanako be partially bald and look pretty atrocious?
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

A Forum Member wrote:
pandaphil wrote:And if you think about it, its really quite lucky she even has hair on the right side of her head.
I have been thinking about that, if you get serious burns on areas of the head where hair grows, then it shouldn't grow back, right? Shouldn't Hanako be partially bald and look pretty atrocious?
Well originally she was going to be blind in her right eye, have a cane and be much more damaged than she is in the full game.
And it also depends on how severe the burns are. I think it's agreed that she has somewhere between 2nd and 3rd degree burns (will a Dev or someone confirm this?), which if I recall correctly after healing for some time (I think 10 years is more than enough time) you can have hair grow back over it.
I also draw, kind of.
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

pandaphil wrote:In any case, love is more than physical beauty. Its whats inside that counts.*
This is very true, but even in that case, Hanako is still a very attractive girl, despite her scaring. Of course, if her scarring was depicted as more realistic like in the supplied photos, the sight might take time to get used to, but I honestly don't think they'd diminish her overall cuteness.

I'm not sure if any of you will agree with me, and I'm probably just trying to be overly optimistic, but I try and view Hanako's scarring as an extended beauty mark, though, it'd probably be hard to view it like this in real life...
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Her scars look more or less like the picture. Not that big a deal.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

KeiichiO wrote:
pandaphil wrote:In any case, love is more than physical beauty. Its whats inside that counts.*
This is very true, but even in that case, Hanako is still a very attractive girl, despite her scaring. Of course, if her scarring was depicted as more realistic like in the supplied photos, the sight might take time to get used to, but I honestly don't think they'd diminish her overall cuteness.

I'm not sure if any of you will agree with me, and I'm probably just trying to be overly optimistic, but I try and view Hanako's scarring as an extended beauty mark, though, it'd probably be hard to view it like this in real life...
No, you're not the only one who feels that way about her. Her 'difference' is what makes her attractive, if that makes sense. Without her scars, she'd just be a generic shy anime girl. At first I thought the fact that she kept half her face hidden by her hair was sad. Now I think its more a survival trait. Only seeing the 'good' side of her body at first helps you concentrate on her sweetness. So by the time you actually see her injuries, you love her in spite of them.

Anyway, did some Googling and found some other burn victims that weren't nearly as horrendous as the ones in the previous link. (though the last one is a little rough, so view with caution)

http://www.microskincenter.com/images/s ... 20Scar.jpg

http://www.herbalgranny.com/wp-content/ ... 6/burn.jpg

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_vwTjnzGmzKk/TKbOn ... 5B2%5D.jpg

http://media.cleveland.com/metro/photo/ ... ,s:0,i:148
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

pandaphil wrote:
KeiichiO wrote:This is very true, but even in that case, Hanako is still a very attractive girl, despite her scaring. Of course, if her scarring was depicted as more realistic like in the supplied photos, the sight might take time to get used to, but I honestly don't think they'd diminish her overall cuteness.

No, you're not the only one who feels that way about her. Her 'difference' is what makes her attractive, if that makes sense. Without her scars, she'd just be a generic shy anime girl. At first I thought the fact that she kept half her face hidden by her hair was sad. Now I think its more a survival trait. Only seeing the 'good' side of her body at first helps you concentrate on her sweetness. So by the time you actually see her injuries, you love her in spite of them.
Hear, hear. If you actually care about someone it doesn't matter if their exterior is a little rough. If that is the case, then a person like that is very superficial. (probably could have worded that better but meh)
pandaphil wrote:
Is it bad I kind of wish that last comment wasn't cut off? I wanted to see if that person was seriously being as much of a dick as it looks like :lol:
I also draw, kind of.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

pandaphil wrote:Anyway, did some Googling and found some other burn victims that weren't nearly as horrendous as the ones in the previous link. (though the last one is a little rough, so view with caution)
Those are all about Hanako-level. Doesn't seem too disfiguring to me. And people were bullying Hanako over this...What assholes.

@Steinherz: I...Really hope that cut-off comment was joking or something. The potential for dickishness is great but I gotta pretend to believe people aren't that awful. Guess we'll never know...
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Xanatos wrote:Those are all about Hanako-level. Doesn't seem too disfiguring to me. And people were bullying Hanako over this...What assholes.

@Steinherz: I...Really hope that cut-off comment was joking or something. The potential for dickishness is great but I gotta pretend to believe people aren't that awful. Guess we'll never know...
First part: Yes, I think we've discussed this. People are assholes.

Second part: A person being a dick on that particular page is expected. One of my friends posted a picture and there were like 50 comments saying "you're so beautiful/pretty/hot/sexy ( :lol: )" about 10 commenting on her boobs (again, :lol: ) then there was thatguy. Who made a comment about her body size. And I looked at it and was like "Really? I go to school with her, she isn't a "whale" you cuntmuffin." Then again, she posted a picture of herself from freshman year (9th grade) when we were seniors (12th) and she lost I think 15pounds or so between those few years. *shrugs*

TL;DR: Those "Most Beautiful Teen" pages are full of pervs, nice people and massive assholes.
I also draw, kind of.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Steinherz wrote:
Xanatos wrote:Those are all about Hanako-level. Doesn't seem too disfiguring to me. And people were bullying Hanako over this...What assholes.

First part: Yes, I think we've discussed this. People are assholes.

Second part: A person being a dick on that particular page is expected. One of my friends posted a picture and there were like 50 comments saying "you're so beautiful/pretty/hot/sexy ( :lol: )" about 10 commenting on her boobs (again, :lol: ) then there was thatguy. Who made a comment about her body size. And I looked at it and was like "Really? I go to school with her, she isn't a "whale" you cuntmuffin." Then again, she posted a picture of herself from freshman year (9th grade) when we were seniors (12th) and she lost I think 15pounds or so between those few years. *shrugs*

TL;DR: Those "Most Beautiful Teen" pages are full of pervs, nice people and massive assholes.
Maybe she's Misha fat?

As for Hanako, I don't recall any mention of skin grafts or anything. She probably looks the way she does because:

A) The actual look of such severe burns would be a bother to accurately replicate in an anime-esque style like KS. They'd have to over-exaggerate to make it work and then she wouldn't be as cute which is a big no-no in anime style things. As-is, she's akin to that first pic panda linked earlier. Clearly burned but still damn cute. :lol: Though even if she were truer to the OP pic, that's not so bad.

B) Such severe burns, assuming no major healing time (which she has had, granted) and/or grafts, are really really really gross to look at.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Suddenly, I have this weird suggestion for Hanako to be a dermatologist.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."